• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, SA needs something else.

Maybe regain a charge for kills/assists.

And a skillshot snare.

And a lifesteal passive so I can jangle this champ.

Build Triforce for massive damage.

What if his ultimate makes everyone lose vision and lets him blink to a unit who is several thousand units away. I think that would be wicked sick!

And make him Nocturne.

G.ZZZ

someone was saying crimson guard doesn't work on the illusions... so why do you get it? I guess the HP regen? That item seems bad for almost 4k gold.... I could see it on a support when someone else is going mek. soul ring + crimson guard on the new ogre magi. but it's still al shit ton of gold.

Always feels like Dendi has twice as many denies as any other mid.

RTZ in competitive is famous for farming mids... but back in the days he fiended puck/qop/sf as any other mid and he always won his lane cs/deny handily against anyone. He was famous for stomping other 6k players frequently in NEL and his Puck stomped on mid 5k TA players. Dude mechanically is a monster.

Winning mid now is so much better for supps. There will be so much movement around rune spots now

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What if his ultimate makes everyone lose vision and lets him blink to a unit who is several thousand units away. I think that would be wicked sick!

And make him Nocturne.

We already have Spectre!

shira

shira said:
GAF Inhouse MM Thread

format = 1v1, open skill, mirana mirror
winner prize = Crescent Bow aka Sperm Arrow
RNG participation winners = Stryff the Owlion, New Anuxi POTM set from the 6.82 chest +/- a few days
(If you won a prize in the Gaftechieshiral then you can't win an RNG prize, but Gafternashiral winners are all eligible.)
t1411844400z1.png

Sorry SEA, this one will be more EU friendly
Sponsored by the number 322

bumperino
7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I somewhat expect Icefrog to just make it so Items can't proc nalpalm, it just cleans up the code so nicely instead of having a ton of exceptions everywhere.

Ketch

This patch is gonna be fucking crazy.

I think crimson guard is bad. the problem is that vanguard is shit... so by default any item made from vanguard is also gonna be kind of shit. Like maybe with the mana cost nerf to mek, maybe you buy it on old mek carrying cores? Like viper, or troll, or doom? But you still have to buy a vanguard, and fuck that.

When nobody buys this item 6.83 is gonna see vanguard buffs.

Razzer

Add me to the CG on PL crowd. The active is great against towers. You can tower dive with impunity thanks to it. Also, now PL has a non dead end item to build a ring of health for, which makes his lane sustain better. That said, I think you should still get an early yasha on him, the farming power it gives you is great, plus the general stats are goo for his fighting, and it can build into S&Y. Illusions are now about tanking tbh. Whether that's jungle creeps or tower shots.

In other CG news, Nightstalker CG is amazing. You can run into their base with 3 towers firing at you and you don't give a single fuck.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This patch is gonna be fucking crazy.

I think crimson guard is bad. the problem is that vanguard is shit... so by default any item made from vanguard is also gonna be kind of shit. Like maybe with the mana cost nerf to mek, maybe you buy it on old mek carrying cores? Like viper, or troll, or doom? But you still have to buy a vanguard, and fuck that.

When nobody buys this item 6.83 is gonna see vanguard buffs.

I think you have to look at it like Pipe or mek (with 225 manacost) in 6.82. Items that might not have the best bang for your buck from an individual perspective, but you're still going to want one on every team. The aoe damage block is going to be amazing in teamfights, it's just another small boost on top of drums/pipe/ac/mek/vlads, etc... And it's now a natural build up for heroes that want to buy vanguard to tank up, but we're always apprehensive because vanguard was a dead-end item in the mid to late game.

Ketch

I will defer to your guys'es judgement... but I wont believe it till I see it.

I used to love vanguard, and then one day I realized it cost 2.2k gold.

edit: I also want the patch RIGHT NOW!

GDStudio playing in house 5v5 on the test client! chen, pl, kotl, magnus, riki, bounty, ogre, and more...

http://www.twitch.tv/thegdstudio

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
FUK I WANT THIS PATCH RIGHT NOW!!! fix bugs
lycan ulti duration starting even before he's done transforming :)
and release immediately, pls gaben

Razzer

GDStudio playing in house 5v5 on the test client! chen, pl, kotl, magnus, riki, bounty, ogre, and more...

Essentially, the reasoning is... the active is baller as fuck. It's a very aggressive item, as it's basically tower diving: the item. I imagine it makes breaking base a ton easier as the base advantage will be heavily negated.

Ketch

Essentially, the reasoning is... the active is baller as fuck. It's a very aggressive item, as it's basically tower diving: the item. I imagine it makes breaking base a ton easier as the base advantage will be heavily negated.

does it work on creeps too? does it counter the new fortification buff?

Razzer

does it work on creeps too? does it counter the new fortification buff?

Just heroes, but that is enough. That is half the T1 tower shot blocked. Obviously it falls off late game, but it's 9 secs of manmode. Get it on heroes that want to just fucking run at people.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the new riki will be really strong in the mid game, dump all your blinks into a single target and burst them down. Maybe get basher or a crit.

SamVimes

RTZ in competitive is famous for farming mids... but back in the days he fiended puck/qop/sf as any other mid and he always won his lane cs/deny handily against anyone. He was famous for stomping other 6k players frequently in NEL and his Puck stomped on mid 5k TA players. Dude mechanically is a monster.

Winning mid now is so much better for supps. There will be so much movement around rune spots now

5WyOdWt.jpg

We already have Spectre!

Yeah but Spectre is global, Nocturne technically isn't global and I think they nerfed the range a bunch because Riot wanted to eliminate all globals.

"Anytime I see someone build Vanguard I immediately subtract 2k gold from their net worth" - Merlini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom