• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

tumblr_n6bcibC4Ak1rm97r4o1_400.gif

#rekt SNA

kvk1

Maybe I am missing something, but it doesn't seem that big to me.

-Can't rely on ancients to catch up, that's fine, you have the lane and jungle.
-Eblade projectile, so? Just means more sheep Dagon now

You say that like he doesn't already take farm from his team.

Also he has easy transition to bloodstone now.

You guys are really overestimating this Nerf. All the Tinker pickers that played it before it was cool will continue to and do well.

Also I bet the sheep first is the build of choice now.

Lol, you guys seriously overestimate these things.

The sheep first build will come back, and those that played Tinker before he was cool will continue to do well with the hero.

Probably not for a bit because of fear, but he's still totally viable and actually still good.

You think he's gone...

Probably from competitive for a while until people figure out how to play him again.

He's not. Nerfed? Absolutely. He isn't "destroyed" like you all seem to think he is.

Sheep first is even better now, and on top of that, you might see some Aghanims on him now.

You say that like Timber couldn't do that before that patch. Aghanims just makes it wider basically.

Hylian, you're in the first stage of the five stages of grief.

Tinker is rest in pepperonis, buddy.

Let it go.

;_;7

Hylian7

Hylian, you're in the first stage of the five stages of grief.

Tinker is rest in pepperonis, buddy.

Let it go.

;_;7

You will be when the good Tinkers are busy making you a pig forever.

They nerfed one build and you think he is worthless now.

Quesa

I don't think anyone's pointed this out but the new targeting for ES push is way better now. Instead of predicting a path and targeting the remnant to fit that path you just highlight where you want the thing to pass and the push autocorrects to hit that path. It's gonna be weird getting used to it but making it less of a skillshot (it's super easy to stun someone now) should lower his skill floor, while the scepter upgrade ups his skill ceiling. Pretty impressive, and while I'm not happy about the dmg decrease to pull in the early game, I think I'm happy with where they're taking him overall.

With the mana requirements that his new skill would add, I think maybe soulring/arcane scepter might be a good build. We shall see.

kvk1

Everyone also says Pudge is a "crap" hero.

Speaking of which, I like the nice little buff he got, makes those turn-and-hooks easier.

I know, I'm just kidding around. Anything is viable given the situation.

We fed a Pudge to 6K hit points the other day. Kid hit hooks all game like they were guided missiles.

A crap hero, it was not.

Hylian7

I don't think anyone's pointed this out but the new targeting for ES push is way better now. Instead of predicting a path and targeting the remnant to fit that path you just highlight where you want the thing to pass and the push autocorrects to hit that path. It's gonna be weird getting used to it but making it less of a skillshot (it's super easy to stun someone now) should lower his skill floor, while the scepter upgrade ups his skill ceiling. Pretty impressive, and while I'm not happy about the dmg decrease to pull in the early game, I think I'm happy with where they're taking him overall.

With the mana requirements that his new skill would add, I think maybe soulring/arcane scepter might be a good build. We shall see.

He is probably my favorite change in the patch. Definitely one of the first heroes I will try when it hits main client.

inkls

I know, I'm just kidding around. Anything is viable given the situation.

We fed a Pudge to 6K hit points the other day. Kid hit hooks all game like they were guided missiles.

A crap hero, it was not.

;_;

he could have bought a blademail and easily outtanked us while killing us.

I don't think a Zeus/BS/Spec comp can survive for 30 minutes.

This is the real killer combo, you heard it here first.

Necrolyte on core.
BS on support.
Bloodrage into Scythe.

GGGGGGG GOOD LUCK RESPAWNING.

Hmm, will the scythe recieve the bonus damage if BS uses Bloodrage on the enemy hero just when it gets grabbed by the Scythe stun?

Deadstar

Excuse me but did the patch go live yet? Who's buying the arcana? I feel conflicted because the new remodel looks pretty awesome by itself.

sixghost

I don't understand why they won't just put Brood in CM already. Icefrog has changed her substantially 3 times in the last 3 patches; just throw her in and see what happens.

Madouu

I don't understand why they won't just put Brood in CM already. Icefrog has changed her substantially 3 times in the last 3 patches; just throw her in and see what happens.

Next patch she will be able to travel from one spider web to another and will be added to CM.

From what I played in the test client, she's still a bit clunky to control, her minions especially, so that might be the issue

shira

Next patch she will be able to travel from one spider web to another and will be added to CM.

From what I played in the test client, she's still a bit clunky to control, her minions especially, so that might be the issue
Like Zerg? Can she have a 6% chance to spawn an ultrabroodling

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He's talking about Tremble, I think.

Terrorform
Range: 600
Mana Cost: 50
Action: Target Position
Type: Self

Create and tunnel through Terror Mounds. Terror Mounds grant 15 / 20 / 25 / 30% move speed, and2 / 4 / 6 / 8 health regeneration. Also gain the ability to Terror Port every {60} seconds between mounds.

Maximum of 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 Terror Mounds.

Mounds can be destroyed by enemies attacking them {4} times.

how much do these xp changes impact snowballing and comebacks? I hear some bitching about it.

Code:
This change only affects the extra XP given if within an area after a kill. 
It does not affect the natural XP you get for killing a hero of a certain Level. 

Old:
==============
VictimLevel = Level of the Victim

1 Hero: XP = 120 + 20 * VictimLevel
2 Heroes: XP = 90 + 15 * VictimLevel
3 Heroes: XP = 30 + 7 * VictimLevel
4 Heroes: XP = 20 + 5 * VictimLevel
5 Heroes: XP = 15 + 4 * VictimLevel

New:
==============
VictimLevel = Level of the Victim
VictimXP = Total XP of the Victim
EnemyTeamXP = Enemy team's total XP
AlliedTeamXP = Your team's total XP
XPDifference = ( EnemyTeamXP - AlliedTeamXP )/ ( EnemyTeamXP + AlliedTeamXP ) (minimum 0)
XPFactor = XPDifference * VictimXP

1 Hero: XP = 20 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.5
2 Heroes: XP = 15 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.35
3 Heroes: XP = 10 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.25
4 Heroes: XP = 7 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.2
5 Heroes: XP = 5 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.15

It's hard to figure out without plugging in a lot of numbers and working it through, which I might do later tonight.

At first glance though and some estimations, you'll get less experience the lower someone is below you in levels. It will slow a rapid progression above and beyond a losing team for the ahead team.

Easier to comeback basically and harder to super snowball off of endless kills, although at the end of the day it will probably not be that big of a deal most of the time.

That second image doesn't say what the axe level was. That doesn't actually matter apparently, it's just the difference between the net worths. Yeah I dunno when a 5500 gold net worth advantage is going to be lost 1v1.

Also it's important to note that the cm was by herself with no one to share the xp with.

If it becomes a problem, the formula is changed in 6.82 b, or the easiest thing would be to just have a cap on it.

Ketch

But it sounds like it doesn't effect the XP you receive when you kill someone, just the xp you'd get if you were around the area when someone else kills somebody.

So a good storm spirit is still gonna snowball like a mofo, just his supports won't get as much XP from just being there when it happens.

So I guess it would make it easier not to get drastically outleveled by the entire enemy team... but I don't think it will nerf individual stand out performances very much.

wow, yea. that does seems terrible. Maybe it's a bug or something?

OH god now I want to do the math. fml.

Acinixys

wow, yea. that does seems terrible. Maybe it's a bug or something?

OH god now I want to do the math. fml.

Youre losing really bad

You wipe their team but they wipe yours

Its carry vs carry

You carry SOMEHOW wins the fight

Their carry had a 10K advantage

Your carry suddenly has a MASSIVE (4K?) gold and XP boost

Volvo pls

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Makes it more exciting. Steamrolls aren't fun whether you're on either side.

Steamrolls are inevitability of any good game where one team plays or drafts badly. This just seems to punish early game lineups in a patch that already was working against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom