• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Surprise level 6 on qop, kill opposing mid

I think this might actually be a thing. It's a very situational gambit, but because it's so narrow people might not expect it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The real important question is whether the gold and xp increase as it's bottled. That extra 2 gold can be the difference between having 2 gold and not having 2 gold. That could be huge. Maybe worth as much as 2 gold in the right situation.

eznark

Banned
The real important question is whether the gold and xp increase as it's bottled. That extra 2 gold can be the difference between having 2 gold and not having 2 gold. That could be huge. Maybe worth as much as 2 gold in the right situation.

Give or take two gold

shira

233.png

As the name suggests, this will be an event played in a mode which has never before been used in any competition: -ARDM. For our pilot run we're pleased to share that Team Tinker and HellRaisers will be the teams competing. The event, each instance of which will amount to a single BO3 match
#ARDMtoTI5

inkls

I think this might actually be a thing. It's a very situational gambit, but because it's so narrow people might not expect it.

And its not that bad to keep the bounty rune for a bit since the gold and xp bonus increases with time. So if you want to maximize your gold and xp bonus you'll keep them for a while.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I actually can't believe some of the responses. By far my favorite balance patch since I've started playing the game.

sixghost

I didn't realize Bloodseeker's new Q amplified all sources of damage by 40%. There are going to be some disgusting combinations with that ability.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I didn't realize Bloodseeker's new Q amplified all sources of damage by 40%. There are going to be some disgusting combinations with that ability.

I was watching a patch reactions video yesterday, the immediate reaction somebody had was "So pick Prophet and Zeus on your Bloodseeker teams?" and I almost cried at the thought.

Pratfall

I was watching a patch reactions video yesterday, the immediate reaction somebody had was "So pick Prophet and Zeus on your Bloodseeker teams?" and I almost cried at the thought.

that makeup was already horrible to go against in pubs

I will say again, 3 demonic purges is insane.

My awful chen now has to deal with an always invisible ricky afoieafosdjfaoidjgsaodifjdsofjaodfjaodijfadofjdoifjdoijfoidocklvncxncv,zxcnvadhfoqfdafndklfndoafoadjffuckicefrog

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
first reddit video will be that combined with soul catcher to show a level one dagon kill a support insantly

get bloodrage on both spectre and zeus (12s duration, 6s CD):
-aghs zeus ulti, refresh, aghs zeus ulti. wonder if it amplifies the damage of static field by 40%
-spectre ulti with radiance or diffusal

I don't think any team can survive that shit 30 minutes in.

Haly

I don't think a Zeus/BS/Spec comp can survive for 30 minutes.

This is the real killer combo, you heard it here first.

Necrolyte on core.
BS on support.
Bloodrage into Scythe.

GGGGGGG GOOD LUCK RESPAWNING.

G.ZZZ

Tbh it seems easier to "stomp" mid. If you get a bottle and a kill at 3:45, that's like game right there. 4 min ganks are gonna be game breaking. If you get a kill you get two runes on top of it and 2 full bottles for whoever came help gank mid. Solo killing mid 20-30 secs before the rune spawn is much stronger now. If you get rune control you get like endless mana and life. If T1 bounties and gliph weren't nerfed/buffed you'd actually have a much more snowbally game early on.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Of course they recharge lol are you kidding

Have you guys actually played the hero yet? He feels like he's been fucking neutered.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Of course they recharge lol are you kidding

Have you guys actually played the hero yet? He feels like he's been fucking neutered.
I agree. It feels pretty bad.

Before you had just needed time. Now it's 1 maybe 2 targets you can blink to before you are fucked.

The flipside is I would max backstab first with a huge powerspike at 6/7 which he did not have before.

He's just reigned in for 1v5.

Haly

Yeah, SA needs something else.

Maybe regain a charge for kills/assists.

And a skillshot snare.

And a lifesteal passive so I can jangle this champ.

Build Triforce for massive damage.

Ketch

Chen + Omniknight.

3x 2400hp magic immune Golems attacking your tower? Oh they're getting fully healed by hand of god every 30 seconds? OH NOW THEY'RE IMMUNE TO PHYSICAL DAMAGE MAKING THEM COMPLETELY INVULNERABLE FOR 10 SECONDS? WTF!? GG.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Dotabuff blog post brought up a thing I didn't think about concerning Phoenix's aghs upgrade in the fact that it will refresh your allies' CDs.

Not sure how viable that is, but interesting to consider.

Haly

I hope you guys are ready for your teammates to insta-lock BS/PL/SA/Chen/SF.
Dotabuff blog post brought up a thing I didn't think about concerning Phoenix's aghs upgrade in the fact that it will refresh your allie's CDs.

It's HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Invoker + Phoenix... kappa!

Razzer

Dotabuff blog post brought up a thing I didn't think about concerning Phoenix's aghs upgrade in the fact that it will refresh your allie's CDs.

Also, if you have a snowballing storm/Timber, and he gets low on mana/health, just egg him, boom full again.

shira

Made a new dotagaf matchmaking thread - sub if you like kittycats
- Mods lock if I can't make one of dese

shira said:
format = 1v1, open skill
winner prize = Crescent Bow aka Sperm Arrow
RNG participation winners = Stryff the Owlion, New Anuxi POTM set from the 6.82 chest +/- a few days
(If you won a prize in the Gaftechieshiral then you can't win an RNG prize, but Gafternashiral winners are all eligible.)
t1411844400z1.png

Sorry SEA, this one will be more EU friendly
Sponsored by the number 322
7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Enigma jumps in and BH's some enemies
Phoenix swoops in and eggs Enigma not cancelling channel and burning the faces of blackholed heroes.
Egg explodes, stunning everyone
Enigma blackholes again

laugh.gif

I guess they would have two seconds to run away after the first hole

Doesn't refresh ults breh.

No fun

Artanisix

So I think my new PL build that I'll be trying right away is:

Treads->Crimson Guard OR Diffusal->(Whichever you did not pick up)->Basher->Skadi

Do NOT build this hero around his illusions, other than diffusal damage.

ViviOggi

Haven't played the new Riki yet but while the idea is nice 30 sec Blink recharge sounds insane in addition to it only being accessible from level 6.

Ketch

I'm assuming no support help, that is, 1v1 mid became less interesting. It is more difficult for a clearly superior mid player to shine now, even though the game might be better over all.

Have you considered the nerf to xp from creeps which are denied? Seems to me the xp changes makes the lane more about outplaying your opponent rather then out farming them.

RTZ gets nerfed, Dendi gets buffed.

Haly

Treads->Crimson Guard OR Diffusal->(Whichever you did not pick up)->Basher->Skadi

I tried Van->Crimson too. Works surprisingly well since he wants to be diving all the time in the mid-game.

Bottle for mana.
Have you considered the nerf to xp from creeps which are denied? Seems to me the xp changes makes the lane more about outplaying your opponent rather then out farming them.

RTZ gets nerfed, Dendi gets buffed.

No, I didn't really factor it in. But RTZ's mechanics are way better than Dendi's!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Diff is a fixed 25 tho and doesn't work with Skadi.

Yolo build of OOV MoM Diff -> Whatever

Haly

Diffusal would be a temporary pick up to let him score ez kills early on to snowball.

Actually, new Diffusal is kind of tailor made for PL. It's just slightly cheaper to make and works better with early Illusions.

Chen + Omniknight.

3x 2400hp magic immune Golems attacking your tower? Oh they're getting fully healed by hand of god every 30 seconds? OH NOW THEY'RE IMMUNE TO PHYSICAL DAMAGE MAKING THEM COMPLETELY INVULNERABLE FOR 10 SECONDS? WTF!? GG.

Chen's free farming jungle, someone stop him.

Loving all the changes, it's like Christmas in the fall.

When this patch gonna drop main client?

Artanisix

Diffusal would be a temporary pick up to let him score ez kills early on to snowball.

Actually, new Diffusal is kind of tailor made for PL.

Exactly, Skadi is for lategame tankiness and to make it seriously impossible to run from this hero. Probably go for Daedelus, SNY, or Butterfly afterwards, if the game goes that late.

Ketch

someone was saying crimson guard doesn't work on the illusions... so why do you get it? I guess the HP regen? That item seems bad for almost 4k gold.... I could see it on a support when someone else is going mek. soul ring + crimson guard on the new ogre magi. but it's still al shit ton of gold.

Always feels like Dendi has twice as many denies as any other mid.

Haly

They get the HP from it, but not the passive damage block.

It's more for PL than the illusions, because you want to go yolo all the time.

Like Milk said, it's a mistake now to think of PL as an Illusion hero and to build for maximum Illusion strength. The Illusions are there as extra DPS and confusion. His new strength is his pursuit/slipperiness, like PA or Weaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom