• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bouncing Shuriken is a cute idea, but Track's cooldown kind of hinders its usefulness unless everyone is just hanging around waiting to be tracked before a team fight.

I found I was lucky if it bounced once.

I think the idea is you can toss it to a non-tracked unit and it can bounce to a tracked unit, so if you play it right you should be able to get double the normal damage in a team fight.

Yeah. If you track 2 heroes, you use Shuriken on a untracked one and it will still bounce to the ones that ARE tracked.

At least, that's how I understand it.

Anteo

lol at riki change, they went back in time and made his ult again a basic ability.

edit: and the same for treant! he used to have a skill like that back in the day. I mean getting vision from trees, the other part is new

Zephyx

Bouncing Shuriken is a cute idea, but Track's cooldown kind of hinders its usefulness unless everyone is just hanging around waiting to be tracked before a team fight.

I found I was lucky if it bounced once.

Pretty useless on paper but can help you a lot during chases. 900 bounce range is pretty long.

Anteo

maybe I am missing something but, what does it means to have spell inmunity now? my hero cant get affected by buffs/debuffs but still get damaged? or just cant get targeted?

fallagin

maybe I am missing something but, what does it means to have spell inmunity now? my hero cant get affected by buffs/debuffs but still get damaged? or just cant get targeted?

It really depends. Some stuff can get through, some stuff cant. Usually with bkb/lifestealerability magic dmg does not go through, and other effects will also not happen. With omniknights repel it blocks only 100 mgc damage but blocks other effects(it can be purged though).

Like I said, some stuff gets through, but usually not magic damage(except for linas ult with ags afaik). Remember that some ults and abilities are physical and can get through magic imunity(like juggs ult and beast master's axes).

UberLevi

So here's a question: What's the consensus on Dragon Knight? I don't hear much chatter about him and he never seems to get changes one way or the other in updates. Is he like perfectly balanced or do people just not care about him?

So here's a question: What's the consensus on Dragon Knight? I don't hear much chatter about him and he never seems to get changes one way or the other in updates. Is he like perfectly balanced or do people just not care about him?

He's pretty balanced. Sand King is the same, nothing in the last few patches.

I want Icefrog to change Caustic Finale for something else though.
facepalm.gif

Red UFO

Eh, good snowballer if given the opportunity to take down towers but can be slowed down to a halt if dealt with properly.

He has a job, he gets it done well but can also be stopped with a reasonable amount of effort.

also boring as fuuuuck

I'm happy for you, Chen does look good now....Lina on the other hand *cries more*.

Are you sad that you can't use veil anymore or something? Even with BKB piercing, it was still reduced by magic resistance no?

You will still kill most people, especially those who will still get Hood/Pipe.

manfestival

"Sheever, ravage!" Singsing shouts, infuriated at yet another of Sheever's antics. Sheever upon hearing this retreats to her room, tears streaming down her cheeks.Singsing doesn't notice until hours later, after losing to pubs for the third time in a row and switching off his stream.He finds Sheever in a ball on her bed, tear marks on the sheets and her eyes red and swollen. "What's wrong, Sheever-chan?" Singsing asks."You.. you yelled at me!

Chris R

Oh and is bloodseeker jungle a legit thing? I'm thinking it only worked this time because we had basically zero jungle countering.

Hupsel

Any advice for Elder Titan with his build/spell order? I love his ulti, looks so cool. And initiators are always welcome.
highfive.gif

Madouu

Oh and is bloodseeker jungle a legit thing? I'm thinking it only worked this time because we had basically zero jungle countering.

It's okay, it got hit a while ago with the nerfs to the jungle. It has the issues that most greedy or unusual junglers have nowadays.

I don't think you'll see it next patch with the changes to bloodseeker though.

Any advice for Elder Titan with his build/spell order? I love his ulti, looks so cool. And initiators are always welcome.
highfive.gif

The easiest way to play the hero is through maxing spirit/aura, the aura in particular is very useful. You can get points in the stomp if you think you have the team setup to utilize it and with the new changes to the aura next patch, I can see a build with just two points in aura while putting points in stomp being more common on him.

Other than that, his item builds are very straightforward, utility items usually. Elder Titan is a great pick vs Morphling especially and high agi gain carries in general.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Been a long time since I got some ward art.

With the 25% on kill being on demand from level 1 I think it's better now. But as a support being able to do it is nice.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Item build for Terrorblade needed! TY.
QB Circlet Circlet -> 3x Wraith Band -> Yasha -> BoTs -> Manta -> Bfly or Heart
Make sure you jungle

)))))))))

Honestly IDK there are a lot of ways people play and build him. I think RoA is really really good and Yasha -> Manta solves mana sustain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom