• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

This shit with the new damage classification is SO messy. Some skills do damage where they didn't before, some now do even if they shouldn't considering how they're classified etc...

EDIT: i fucking finally figured how it is supposed to work:

Spell piercing : if not, spell won't have ANY effects.

Spell piercing : if yes, spell will have effects but damage depend on the type.

This is not consistent with what they said (where they said that spell piercing don't actually block damage, bullshit it does)
, but it's the most consistent way to make it work ingame. The only problem is that some things change because of this. In general, if you want a spell to have pure damage and apply debuff, it will damage BkB users whereas before it didn't: example, Meat Hook now damage bkb/rage targets, howl of terror now apply debuffs even to bkb targets whereas before it didn't. If you want a spell to deal damage to a target (physical for example), it will have to pierce spell immunity or won't deal damage, example: crush now deal no damage anymore cause it don't stun so even if physical it deal 0 damage. Acid alche spray however now pierce bkb so it still deal damage as physical spell.

Not only is this consistent with what they said, but this is exactly what they said.

Spell immunity blocks spells (and therefore BLOCKS any damage caused by a non-piercing spell, because it blocks the spell, not because it reduces the damage), magic resistance reduces magic damage.

Physical is affected by Physical Armor, Magical is affected by Magical Damage Resistance and Pure is affected by neither.

Spell Immunity only defines if Spells interact with it, not how damage itself is handled.

Black King Bar, Repel, Rage and all other previous forms of "Magic Immunity" now grant Spell Immunity status and a 100% Magic Resistance bonus.

RJdlAZ5.png

Mohasus

Looks fine. Just remember to drop all your items before you kill someone!

You are joking, but it shouldn't be impossible to abuse this since it is based on team net worth.

Let's say my bot lane is about to kill someone there and I'm in fountain, I could drop my items.

Jex

You are joking, but it shouldn't be impossible to abuse this since it is based on team net worth.

Let's say my bot lane is about to kill someone there and I'm in fountain, I could drop my items.
I would assume Valve thought of this but er, who knows!

So here's a question: What's the consensus on Dragon Knight? I don't hear much chatter about him and he never seems to get changes one way or the other in updates. Is he like perfectly balanced or do people just not care about him?

DK is really good. Most people just don't find him very exciting to play but he's perfectly viable in pro as well as in pub games. Defo one of the better heroes in the pool. However, since taking early towers doesn't give the same benefits as in 6.81, he might drop off a bit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah me too lol. Now that Legion Commander and Void are nerfed, I'm not sure which hero to reliably stomp pubs with.

6.81 LC was so good omg I'm still in tears.
anZ0xTO.png

LC is completely fine unless you constantly Duel FV/PA. -20 on OOW who cares.
Void's laning is still completely stupid and fringe cases of Chrono on an invis / Slark are what they should be.

anZ0xTO.png

LC is completely fine unless you constantly Duel FV/PA. -20 on OOW who cares.
Void's laning is still completely stupid and fringe cases of Chrono on an invis / Slark are what they should be.
The OO damage nerf is significant. Makes her laning really not as good which is a shame. Also, you need to buy MKBs against PA, Brew and Butterflies.

Terrorblade is a good hero but really easy to deal with in the early game I feel. I find him highly situational in pubs despite 70% winrate.

Acinixys

The OO damage nerf is significant. Makes her laning really not as good which is a shame. Also, you need to buy MKBs against PA, Brew and Butterflies.

Terrorblade is a good hero but really easy to deal with in the early game I feel. I find him highly situational in pubs despite 70% winrate.

I think PA might make a HUGE comeback this patch

Doom, Chrono and Dual dont remove her evasion any more, so with no MKBs shes going to be a terror in the midgame

I think PA might make a HUGE comeback this patch

Doom, Chrono and Dual dont remove her evasion any more, so with no MKBs shes going to be a terror in the midgame

Absolutely. Three of her counters, which happened to be popular pub heroes as well, received heavy nerfs. Her winrate will go up by a few % for sure. You basically need MKB to deal with her mid or late game now.

Man, I wonder if I should start using Maledict on Witch Doctor now. I usually went stats over that garbage previously, not sure if the new radius will make it more usable. Probably not since the cast range is the main issue still.

Man, I wonder if I should start using Maledict on Witch Doctor now. I usually went stats over that garbage previously, not sure if the new radius will make it more usable. Probably not since the cast range is the main issue still.

Maledict is pretty strong, although can be a bit difficult to hit. I think it already got a radius buff once and since then I've been using it more.

kvk1

Been playing a couple of test client games.

I find myself constantly waiting to hit 135 gold before I buy a TP, forgetting it now costs less.

Gonna take a while to get used to that. Such a pleasant little change.

Kalnos

Banned
Watching someone die from Maledict is really satisfying. It's probably stronger to just get Voodoo Restoration at level 2 and right-click the shit out of anyone though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Maledict isnt a one point skill like Voodoo. And its on a hero that wants to go 4-1-1 unfortunately.

DarkKyo

Anyone else's steam overlay not working right for them in dota? In other games it works fine right now but when I open the overlay in dota I can't click on anything in the overlay.

manfestival

I won my first game playing brew last night(well I am not considering my first game way back in my total noob days). I sucked at microing his ult but he was way easier than I realized he was. Plus that ashe like crit charge is super nice

Mohasus

When Dota has a loading screen up the overlay bugs out

I really hate the overlay cursor bug. When you close the overlay, your cursor stays the same, so if it was the text cursor, it is almost impossible to play because you can barely see it in game.

inkls

I really hate the overlay cursor bug. When you close the overlay, your cursor stays the same, so if it was the text cursor, it is almost impossible to play because you can barely see it in game.

Attack/Move command should bring back the default cursor.

Ketch

someone said MKB is a bad damge item.... is that true? I thought it seemed pretty good even if your nit fighting against evasion. Lots of damage and atk speed.

Acinixys

someone said MKB is a bad damge item.... is that true? I thought it seemed pretty good even if your nit fighting against evasion. Lots of damage and atk speed.

Its not bad at all, but if you want damage and dont need the true strike/mini stun (to disable channeling spells/TPs etc) Deadelus is ALWAYS the better choice

Hylian7

So looking on Dotabuff, the top 3 pub win rate heroes for 6.81 are Necrophos, Omniknight, and Abaddon. Why those three? Is it simply because they all have some kind of stealth sustaining ability and not dying wins games? Is there something deeper I am missing here?

The actual OP heroes of this patch are pretty low for pub win rates. Tinker is below Beastmaster and Meepo.

Earth Spirit was at the very bottom.

Also I am convinced that 6.82 will bring him back to 6.79 brokenness.

ViviOggi

So looking on Dotabuff, the top 3 pub win rate heroes for 6.81 are Necrophos, Omniknight, and Abaddon. Why those three? Is it simply because they all have some kind of stealth sustaining ability and not dying wins games? Is there something deeper I am missing here?

The actual OP heroes of this patch are pretty low for pub win rates. Tinker is below Beastmaster and Meepo.

Earth Spirit was at the very bottom.

Also I am convinced that 6.82 will bring him back to 6.79 brokenness.

Pub winrates mean nothing, has always been that way. Back when Valve introduced ranked matchmaking in Dec '13 the average player had 2250 (hidden) MMR. Let that sink in for a moment. 50% of Dota players were below 2250 MMR.

And yeah Kaolin was never bad, I might go back to picking him more with 6.82, such a fun kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom