• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

why do I keep playing this game

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/872909897

lion and sky went with me mid against doom which I would have loved if it weren't for the tri mid. BS casted q on me so I couldn't ult in a fight and died. then they all blame me for not going support safe.

why do I keep playing this game

In dumbo skill bracket tier I just go to the offlane when I don't want to deal with this, every single hero works there if you pick well enough and you can be sure that your teammates won't fight you for it.

Also you should know better by now than listen to these kind of trolls or let it get to you!

oh and why are you dodging the gaf stacks bro
rage.gif

kvk1

jimmy just went ham as a TA like i've never seen before

it was a thing of beauty

the mystery is out

Same role as your main or did you try something different?

I try to play a wide variety of heroes always.... I had a pretty rotten set of calibration games, which was disappointing cause my win rate on the smurf is thus far a fair bit higher than my main. I thought I had a shot at getting a higher mmr mostly because I started playing dota with 0 experience, so I thought all those early games where I was learning might have skewed the mmr of my main account.

Randdalf

I try to play a wide variety of heroes always.... I had a pretty rotten set of calibration games, which was disappointing cause my win rate on the smurf is thus far a fair bit higher than my main. I thought I had a shot at getting a higher mmr mostly because I started playing dota with 0 experience, so I thought all those early games where I was learning might have skewed the mmr of my main account.

That's not how these sorts of rating systems work, they aim to measure your current skill and any effect of your previous skill on the current rating should be negligible.

shira

That's not how these sorts of rating systems work, they aim to measure your current skill and any effect of your previous skill on the current rating should be negligible.

Isn't it taking into account specific statistics? I remember when it was first implemented that people found out hero damage was a major factor so they picked tinker/zeus/spectre.

Deadstar

Hey guys just checking in. I see techies is not released. I would bet anything it comes out at 5:30 pm on Friday. Valve will wait until the last possible moment like they always do.

Wok

Hey guys just checking in. I see techies is not released. I would bet anything it comes out at 5:30 pm on Friday. Valve will wait until the last possible moment like they always do.

There is no bug left with Techies. I say the patch comes today (in an hour) or tomorrow, not on Friday.

Randdalf

Isn't it taking into account specific statistics? I remember when it was first implemented that people found out hero damage was a major factor so they picked tinker/zeus/spectre.

I'm not sure to be quite honest, usually rating systems only take into account wins/draws/losses as a simplifying assumption because it's hard to assign a skill rating to their actions in a game.

shira

That would kind of fuck up the WEC LAN final in China.
It's Thursday at the very latest

Or next
week - Apology blog post incoming

Some awesome Luna/Venge/Potm/BTS workshop sets in the last 24 hours.

Matt hasn't posted a denial in like 24 hours.

Stars are aligning.

MilkyWay_CaseyMac.jpg

Randdalf

Err about that, I would suggest looking at the dev board.

Ehh, I often find the dev board to be full of people making major deals out of minor things. Or stuff like parity differences between Dota 1 when it's not clear if it was a bug in Dota 1 in the first place.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
True. I think the only thing that needs fixing is blademail interaction, and even that is not a super big deal.

Demoli

Daily reminder that you're not getting 6.82 until diretide and getting rid of this bitchy ass meta for another 2 months.

Daily reminder that you're not getting 6.82 until diretide and getting rid of this bitchy ass meta for another 2 months.

what's wrong bro don't like

my dagon

me zapping your ass

my ZA WARUDO

my wolves at your door

my shades guide me

my no vs gf feel

my entire team blinking on you

?

Demoli

what's wrong bro don't like

my dagon

me zapping your ass

my ZA WARUDO

my wolves at your door

my shades guide me

my no vs gf feel

my entire team blinking on you

?

I actually have the Za Warudo mod installed, and it's the only fun part of any void game.

^Blink dagger buf was the most stupid thing to happen to this game imo.

Fucking nerf blink into the ground. Way too safe of a pickup. Reduce the range or something so you have a way to stop it at least. 1250 -> 900 would be great.

One upside of the sub 2k trash tier: Void actually doesn't get picked all that often. It's Bloodseekers as far as the eye can see.

Kade

Fucking nerf blink into the ground. Way too safe of a pickup. Reduce the range or something so you have a way to stop it at least. 1250 -> 900 would be great.

-Blink Dagger now costs 300 mana.
-When you Blink at max range, you will be visible to the enemy team for 10 seconds. The enemy team will move at max speed for this duration.

Shadow Blade absolutely needs a buff. Force Staff could probably do with a smaller one (not quite sure what to do there, maybe leave it as is).

Blink having no mana cost is terrific for the hero pool so I'd probably leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom