• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

eg got like 60000 gold from that

comeback is real
happytears.gif

Slightly reduced AoE Gold bonus Net Worth Factor for 1 hero kills from 0.5 to 0.38
Fight Recap is now available to Commentators
Fixed a bug with reconnecting during Ranked All Pick
Fixed Techies Scepter not having the proper cast range
Fixed Rubick not being able to steal Hand of God when he has Holy Persuasion
Fixed Undying Aura slow not updating in the UI properly
Fixed various bot related bugs

Patch

Madouu

I think blademail is a bad item on core WK.

How so? It gives him damage, int and armor all which he needs. Combined with a Mjolnir you are dishing out a huge amount of damage while being hard to focus, kill and having two lives.

It's a great item in my opinion that lets him be useful extremely early compared to other cores or if you went for another build. The other option is usually armlet but it's a big no-no vs Ice Blast and even chrono to a lesser degree.

Techies

Just had a major comeback after being down 4-20.
Whatever they did for comebacks are completely bonkers and out of control.

Razzer

Oh wow, Refresher. Guess EG want Fear caught in Chrono then, let him tank the teamfight control.

Edit: Remember, this is the last game. They are playing passive cus they don't want to make mistakes, both feeling tense I expect.

Ketch

How so? It gives him damage, int and armor all which he needs. Combined with a Mjolnir you are dishing out a huge amount of damage while being hard to focus, kill and having two lives.

It's a great item in my opinion that lets him be useful extremely early compared to other cores or if you went for another build. The other option is usually armlet but it's a big no-no vs Ice Blast and even chrono to a lesser degree.

Oh yea I suppose, I was gonna say the gold would be better spent on an armlet, but I forgot about AA. see that's how I would have lost this game.

On a related note... are we gonna see the old school boring ass chinese dota style take over the entire meta now? No mistakes aloud... lets play super safe and wait for rosh again.

Razzer

Oh yea I suppose, I was gonna say the gold would be better spent on an armlet, but I forgot about AA. see that's how I would have lost this game.

On a related note... are we gonna see the old school boring ass chinese dota style take over the entire meta now? No mistakes aloud... lets play super safe and wait for rosh again.

Dude, it's game 5 of a big tourney qualifier final. The players are tense. The first 3 games were bloodbaths.

Dude Abides

Banned
Built a Crimson Guard for the first time on BB. I'm kinda meh on it. I guess it's better than nothing for the few heroes who build vanguard and have nowhere to go but I don't think it's that great.

RS4-

Of course I get a shit ass SF who picks him solely for his arcana, proceeds to feed pudge 6 kills in 5 mins.

Then I have a techies who is mining fuck all and was level 5 for like 30 mins.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Vengeful Spirit was 5 experience from saving sniper (level 15, almost 16). Just one bounterino rune away :'(

Just had a major comeback after being down 4-20.
Whatever they did for comebacks are completely bonkers and out of control.

I hope he tweaks it constantly, as it stands there's little point in making a team that has early game strength, more about turtleling now and having more carries. Everything goes downhill after 20 mins or so.

Just about every game I've played has had one side destroying the other, then the side with carries turns heel at about 25 mins and they most likely win. My last chen game we dominated for the first 20 mins, and then after a few deaths everything just completely flipped for the other team. At this point its hard to say who's legitmately winning, early game seems to have little impact on late game.

Ketch

Talk about hyperbole.

You really think so? I was being serious.

I mean you don't think it looked like they were trying to test out whatever they've been theorycrafting for the new patch in this series?

It looks like they tried team fighty stuff, objective gaming line up, and the last game they go for super safe play.... I know it's the last game in the series, but it's the only way to really mitigate the net worth swings right?

When was the last time EG ever played WK as a core? Obviously it's because they don't want to give away the come back gold....

I'm just saying maybe playing that overly cautious old school chinese dota meta is gonna be the new thing.

bbd23

man the pros are salty. instead of shitting on the patch why can't they just state whats wrong with it instead of acting like a bunch of babies
facepalm.gif

KingKong

Analysis on snowballing in previous patches. Wow, deathball was even more bullshit than Tinker last patch. Didnt people use to criticize League for snowballing off of small gold/xp leads and yet that exactly what last patch was?

6K xp at 10 minutes is an insane advantage so its probably a small sample size and I dont see how the patch dropping the win percentage so much is a good thing. That actually shows the problem with this update

Pros are so god damn whiny, that tweet wall is just aggravating to read. Don't know why it annoyed me so much.

They're overexaggerating but the comeback bonus is rather large. Not much to worry about though, Icefraud will iron it out like he did centaur, it just takes some time. Time spent playing Shadows of Mordor :>

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Pros are so god damn whiny, that tweet wall is just aggravating to read. Don't know why it annoyed me so much.

Most of them have been playing this game competitively for over 8 years now. This is pretty much their life. When a change as polarizing as this rubberband system is implemented; they are going to voice their opinions. Hell, and their opinions are generally the most qualified (GENERALLY).

Still think the system is a nice thought but needs to be tuned down a tad, the 25% reduction to solo kills today was a good step. Think the rest still need to go down by 10-15%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom