• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Wow this new riki, kinda impossible to run away from him. :(

Anyway, best patch ever now that the gold has been fixed.

True, its one of the reasons I am liking Riki since the new update. I never played Riki a lot, mostly like 5 times in a year something, but now I like playing that hero.

Big fan of invisibility/hp_regen at level 1 and the multiple blinks to chase heros.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
IG picking Tinker... Did they not read the patch notes?

Zoon

Some weird stuff is happening on my 5 years old laptop. It runs the game at 1-20 fps in 4:3 800x600 resolution but it runs it at 40-80 fps in 16:10 1280x768 resolution.

Acinixys

Anyone else feel that blood rite is unappeling to look at? Just looks out of place visually.

Whaaaaa?

Its a massive splash of blood on the ground

I think it looks awesome

Especially since its a massive "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS AOE OR GET BUTTRAVAGED" to your enemies

G.ZZZ

Black continuining his worst build ever. After the worst item for splitpushing , he go BkB for manfighting with 0 stats build.

Black plz wat.

moggio

Banned
Just played Spirit Breaker in my first 6.82 game. Smashed the other team's faces in. Felt good.

His 'W', like Drow's 'R' is a bit underwhelming to use though. It needs a flashy effect. His pants should fly off or something.

Razzer

BLACK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

GG ICECUBE

G.ZZZ

I don't think Lycan deserve first ban anymore honestly, with roshan dire advantage almost all gone, i mean, Radiant Lycan already had like wat, 40% win rate in 6.81? Plus the nerfs.

TB is retarded. If black skipped radiance he would've farmed so much faster.

I don't undertsand the complaints about increased bounties:
  • patch 6.81 was unforgiving about early game: if your teammates feed a few deaths to Slark + Crystal Maiden on the top lane while you are bottom, it can almost mean "gg" but it is not your fault and you cannot concede anyway.
  • patch 6.82 is unforgiving at any stage of the game: if you make a mistake, no matter the lead you have, everything can change ; moreover, the patch gives hope to win even if you don't have the lead, so it is in agreement with the "no concede" option.
Even during TI4 final games, we have seen some "gg" after only one barrack lost. I don't remember exactly, but we might have seen a "gg" called even before a set of barracks was destroyed. People say they are pros so they have the right to concede: this is just bad for spectators and would mean the death of dota2 esports.

The patch makes the game more difficult for pros and more interesting for spectators. I don't think one can complain about Dota2 getting more difficult.

It sucks because some heroes scale badly into the late game and their early game presence means little. Chen is a prime example, any sort of pushing advantage he provides becomes meaningless with the comeback mechanic, also late game happens way earlier this patch. Enchantress is another example, basically any pushing hero that needs to snowball in order to be good.

It's the exact opposite of the deathball, so we're left with another extreme. Hopefully with more tweaking, icefraud can find a balance between the two.

edit: I missed last night's patch, this will probably fix that to a larger degree, need to play some more.

It's weird that people were defending this drastic change (that as others have said cheapens much of the early/midgame, including the reduced exp for denies change, and that goes against the design of midgame heroes and early pushers) just because 6.81 had too much deathball.

Do your memories really only go back 6 months? This deathball meta wasn't a problem before and dota didn't have the ultracomeback patch then either... Suggesting it was neccesary to change the meta is stupid because it ignores the 8 years of dota before 6.81.
The tower changes make early push deathball harder and more risky (delay the push, less tower gold delays item progression to take racks).
And even without the tower changes do you really think the meta would stay at this early tower deathball phase after a big patch? The meta always changes, a year and a half ago the meta was 4 protect 1 ricing until icefrog buffed/nerfed heroes and made item changes that lead into this meta...

I'd also like to point out the irony of people laughing at posters' dislike for the bounty rubberbanding and dismissing it as fear of change, while at the same time saying the deathball meta needed fixing.

The reactions in this thread have been really dissapointing tbh, lots of people taking the opportunity to troll and act be dicks to people who voice their opinion or discontent with the bounty change. But hey I guess that's your average moba community for you...

At least a few people actually tried to engage in discussion about the effect of the changes, rather than just attempt to shut it down.

bbd23

Ferrari_430
happytears.gif

It's weird that people were defending this drastic change (that as others have said cheapens much of the early/midgame, including the reduced exp for denies change, and that goes against the design of midgame heroes and early pushers) just because 6.81 had too much deathball.

I was defending it because Icefrog knows better than literally every person who was arguing against it. We had 24 hours of data and people were bitching their mouths off with preconceived notions, misunderstandings, and plain stupidity.

The community as a whole deserved to give it a better shot than they ever did.

I don't think I mentioned 6.81 once.

I was defending it because Icefrog knows better than literally every person who was arguing against it. We had 24 hours of data and people were bitching their mouths off with preconceived notions, misunderstandings, and plain stupidity.
Also consider how long Icefrog spent thinking this up and compare it to how long the community spent before they dismissed it as shit.

This includes certain pro's that seem to think just because they've been playing the game for 20 years everything they say about the game must be fact.

MikeDown

Banned
i kinda want to create my own set for the workshop, but don't have the skills to do so. If i could sketch out a concept would there be anyone here willing to create it?

KingKong

I dont know how you can say this right after two quick (one in the middle of the night) patches toning down the numbers. Clearly Icefrog didnt know better and their testing wasnt enough, and unlike a hero rework thats too strong, this affected every single match

Razzer

ig ti5 champion

wipe the other team twice, negate all the gold advantage!!!!!!!!

Considering this was 15 mins in and VG were only like 7 kills ahead, that seems entirely reasonable. After those two fights IG had 1 more kill, so why is the being ahead a problem?

Edit: Ok, it's getting a little ridic. Blaze just goes 'omg Spectre got that kill and now he's almost got his relic, he's comeback so much!' Yeah, cus a 25 min relic after treads is sooooo good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom