• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering this was 15 mins in and VG were only like 7 kills ahead, that seems entirely reasonable. After those two fights IG had 1 more kill, so why is the being ahead a problem?

Edit: Ok, it's getting a little ridic. Blaze just goes 'omg Spectre got that kill and now he's almost got his relic, he's comeback so much!' Yeah, cus a 25 min relic after treads is sooooo good.

Dude he got a whopping 600 gold after ending a mega kill streak! That totally didn't happen before 6.82! Let's continue blaming 6.82 for every comeback.

The real beastmaster is here
chansub-global-emoticon-60aa1af305e32d49-23x30.png

Edit: Well that was anti climactic lol.

Also consider how long Icefrog spent thinking this up and compare it to how long the community spent before they dismissed it as shit.

Well yeah, the real question is how Icefrog managed to sit on this idea for so long when the community at large was able to see what an utterly terrible idea it was within... what, a day of release?

Patch needs a bit of tweaking. So far it feels like early game doesn't matter anymore. I just had a shitty game as omniknight early on and just by virtue of keeping my underfarmed carries up, the tide completely snowballed in our favor. Also I love the new ranked all- pick. Take turns picking by team...last person that doesn't pick gets -2gold/sec tick down until he picks something..beautiful

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
* Kill Streak Bounty from 100->800 to 60->480 (6.81 values are 125->1000)
* Reduced AoE Gold bonus Net Worth Factor for 1/2/3/4/5 hero kills from 0.5/0.35/0.25/0.2/0.15 to 0.26/0.22/0.18/0.14/0.10
* Fixed Dire Ancient spawn box size

http://store.steampowered.com/news/14528/

Like everyone said! We knew the omniscient icefrog would do the right thing if it was broken! Weird it only took him a day or two to figure that out though I thought we had to slug through 1 month of rubberbanding to discern the truth.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One of the fastest turnarounds in a long time.

It's probably all the pro backlash. It's easy and even smart to ignore reddit, but harder when the faces of the scene are calling it out.

Falk

that puzzling face
Those numbers seem more within reasonable ballpark. I still think it'd take a couple of months at the very least before you can make a final call on that but the numbers at least don't seem absurd anymore.

Zeth

So the Red Moon kinetic gem is one or two auto-attack animations. Not worth $5, lol. No idea why it wasn't included by default in the bundle.

Timber Aghs is legit.

As is soul ring Bloodstone build-up. Timber mid is the best.

boosh5

Banned
This new patch is great. I had started to lose interest in Dota recently. Comebacks were rare and the outcome of a match could be pretty accurately predicted within the first 10-15 minutes. I've played about 5 matches since the patch and one was the closest, most exciting matches I've ever played. The comeback improvements are great.

Edit: Oh, I just saw the newest patch. :-/ Never mind. Looks like fun is over.

Acinixys

At least a few people actually tried to engage in discussion about the effect of the changes, rather than just attempt to shut it down.

Im loving it it

The fountain becoming high ground has been requested for YEARS and the fact that its finally implemented is amazing

Plus the fight recap is probably the best feature but people are ignoring it completely

Vaporak

Not a fan of the new patch coming so soon, there hasn't been anywhere near enough time to really discern the implications of 6.82.

Vaporak

You don't believe in icefrog?

I think this is an example of the minority of times here he patches around public opinion rather than evidence gathered from pro games, for the simple reason that there weren't very many pro games. 6.82 was too big of a change for anyone to accurately intuit how it was going to turn out.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think this is an example of the minority of times here he patches around public opinion rather than evidence gathered from pro games, for the simple reason that there weren't very many pro games. 6.82 was too big of a change for anyone to accurately intuit how it was going to turn out.

Yeah I'm just joking. It's just for all the people out there saying "believe in icefrog guys he's been testing forever I'm sure he'll fix it if it's too much!!!!" Welp, looks like he thought it was too much, and he fixed it. Can't have it both ways. The "icefrog knows best" attitude of the last few days just got slammed into the ground. The backtracks are real after "icefrog knows best" makes a change that counters what some people personally thought was best, but like to hide behind the good ol "icefrog knows best" wall. Can't do that now.

But I think he did the right thing here. Like haly said, this wasn't just a pub thing. There was an outcry on nearly every dota forum and pretty much every pro didn't like the new system. That's not healthy for dota, and it was addressed pretty quickly. Restored my faith in the frog.

So with the new numbers for comeback is it back to 6.81 style?

Hoping they can find a balance where those of us without the gg option can have fun games.

Acinixys

At the same time the amount of data Valve must have about the game must be insane

Im sure they wouldnt patch the game just because reddit was whining again. They must have looked at the data since release and seen that it wasnt working like they hoped, so they tweaked it

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So with the new numbers for comeback is it back to 6.81 style?

Hoping they can find a balance where those of us without the gg option can have fun games.

It's still a little more than 6.81. Some dude on nadota crunched all the numbers and what it comes down to is pretty much: if the game goes late, one fight is huge and the comeback system kicks in if the networths are far apart. In the early/mid-game; however, the leads usually aren't going to be significant enough to kickstart the comeback system (so it's much closer to 6.81, but still a little bit more). So instead of seeing the top networth player on one team give the other team (let's assume his team is up by 25,000g) let's say a 1200g infusion to 3 players. He'll now give something more reasonable like 600-800g to each.

Here's a table that better illustrates the post patch bounty change:

VrSPdTT.png

Razzer

Yeah I'm just joking. It's just for all the people out there saying "believe in icefrog guys he's been testing forever I'm sure he'll fix it if he's too much!!!! Welp, you can't have it both ways. You either accept icefrog as the end all be all when it comes to balancing or you don't."

But I think he did the right thing here. Like haly said, this wasn't a pub thing. There was an outcry on nearly every dota forum and pretty much every pro didn't like the new system. That's not healthy for dota, and it was addressed pretty quickly. Restored my faith in the frog.

As someone who said he would tweak it if numbers need it, I'm not sure why you seem to be separating the two. The reason I said I trusted Froggy is I expected him to listen to the feedback and make a judgement based off that, no that he would just do whatever he felt like it and that would be great. I think there's been an issue of mixed messages here. People see people on Reddit etc bitching in a ridiculous manner, they say it's dumb, then the more reasonable people who are just having a normal discussion think they are talking about them and get defensive and now people are making lots of posts putting words in each other's mouths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom