• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Last call

Mirana 1v1

Tourney starts tminus 1 hour
t1411844400z1.png

pm me or join up in the Neogaf guild lobby

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
As someone who said he would tweak it if numbers need it, I'm not sure why you seem to be separating the two. The reason I said I trusted Froggy is I expected him to listen to the feedback and make a judgement based off that, no that he would just do whatever he felt like it and that would be great. I think there's been an issue of mixed messages here. People see people on Reddit etc bitching in a ridiculous manner, they say it's dumb, then the more reasonable people who are just having a normal discussion think they are talking about them and get defensive and now people are making lots of posts putting words in each other's mouths.

Sorry I'm not trying to separate the two. All I'm saying is if someone says, "Icefrog knows best, he'll tweak it if he needs to!" Then they can't turn around and say, "Wow valve tweaked it way too fast, I'm sure they caved to le reddit!" Just gotta be consistent is all, and the post isn't directed at you.

reposting the 6.82 bounty system table after the tweaks last night for the new page:
VrSPdTT.png

The numbers seem a lot more reasonable. The bottom table is just the total assist gold, so just multiplies the top table number 2, 3, 4 or however many heroes you have.

Razzer

Sorry I'm not trying to separate the two. All I'm saying is if someone says, "Icefrog knows best, he'll tweak it if he needs to!" Then they can't turn around and say, "Wow valve tweaked it way too fast, I'm sure they caved to le reddit!" Just gotta be consistent is all, and the post isn't directed at you.

reposting the 6.82 bounty system table after the tweaks last night:

Heh, i fell victim to exactly what I was talking about.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
lycan pick by alliance, let's see if he's still king boys

c9 plz crush this fukken lycan this is going to determine his ban/pick fate for the rest of the patch LOL

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Lycan still seems pretty good guys.

So when is 6.83?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
That pa 5th pick was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Into a venge/chen/lycan/viper/BM? She's literally useless lol.

i don't think so, since early game doesn't matter much anymore, and it's when he thrives, at least for me.

The latest bounty change toned things down a lot. Early game should be pretty important again.

Raytow

That pa 5th pick was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Into a venge/chen/lycan/viper/BM? She's literally useless lol.

The latest bounty change toned things down a lot. Early game should be pretty important again.

bububub EE waifu(ntrd by loda).
bone7 ragequitting, lel.

Kalnos

Banned
i don't think so, since early game doesn't matter much anymore, and it's when he thrives, at least for me.

He still has one of the best silences in the game, does a fuck load of damage, and scales fairly well into the late game. The BKB change is good for him in longer games too.

Zeth

deathball strat is still alive =/

My impression wasn't that it was supposed to die. It's just not as powerful a strategy with the changes.

Less emphasis on early snowballing off multiple towers. Spreading the wealth, so to speak. If the execution is good enough, the same strategies should be viable, just (much?) more difficult.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
deathball strat is still alive =/

I wouldn't go that far. That wasn't really proper deathball, that was just a well drafted zoo strat. C9 didn't help by feeding 3 kills before the creeps spawned.

Was nice to see that Chen Aghs tho. Lived up to expectations.

After playing a few more games, the comeback isn't noticeable at this point. Still that armor buff to towers pretty much slaughtered any early pushers.

Maybe I've spoke too soon, sounds like pros made chen work. Still I'm not expecting too many pushing heroes to be popular in AP.

Wok

This patch has been quite okay so far. The fact I get gold more easily makes the game less stressful and more enjoyable. Exactly like that passive gold increase we had back in the day for when I play support.

7PENY2X.png

Even Tinker is still okay. This KDA on Pudge, ahaha.

Artanisix

It's still a little more than 6.81. Some dude on nadota crunched all the numbers and what it comes down to is pretty much: if the game goes late, one fight is huge and the comeback system kicks in if the networths are far apart. In the early/mid-game; however, the leads usually aren't going to be significant enough to kickstart the comeback system (so it's much closer to 6.81, but still a little bit more). So instead of seeing the top networth player on one team give the other team (let's assume his team is up by 25,000g) let's say a 1200g infusion to 3 players. He'll now give something more reasonable like 600-800g to each.

Here's a table that better illustrates the post patch bounty change:

http://i.imgur.com/VrSPdTT.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Values are too low now IMO but we'll see.

I was defending it because Icefrog knows better than literally every person who was arguing against it. We had 24 hours of data and people were bitching their mouths off with preconceived notions, misunderstandings, and plain stupidity.

The community as a whole deserved to give it a better shot than they ever did.

I don't think I mentioned 6.81 once.

are valve and ice frog known for caving to public pressure? i dont think so

did they have as much data during testing as they did during the 24 hours it was live to the whole world? i dont think so

the values needed to be tweaked, and as such, they were

Chris R

Oh and I swear by all that is holy, one of these days I'll remember that there is no 0:00 ward in these 1v1 tourneys :(

And maybe win a match for a change too! How about a Luna tourney to follow up our other cat lady one?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Fnatic vs albumsheet on starladder was an awesome game, recommend any SF fans (or comp. dota fans) check out the VOD.

also, i wanna say i dont like new bloodseeker

i had some ideas for him, if you'll indulge me

bring back old bloodrage
blood rite: for x seconds, heal all nearby allies in x range equal to the damage taken by bloodseeker, divided equally between the friendly heroes
same thirst i guess
same rupture but bloodseeker heals himself for all damage dealt from bloodseeker sources to ruptured targets

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I tried the new bloodseeker jungle in bots yesterday and it feels really damn strong to me. You can get level 6 in 6 and a half minutes and if you get good camps, you don't even need to use any regen. I clowned around with a dagon/eblade build which was pretty fun, but probably pretty awful in actual pubs.

Zeknurn

Lost a game just because our incredible shit Sniper decided to build a rapier and give it away 30 seconds after finishing it.

Shit should be reportable.

are valve and ice frog known for caving to public pressure? i dont think so

did they have as much data during testing as they did during the 24 hours it was live to the whole world? i dont think so

the values needed to be tweaked, and as such, they were

They don't usually cave, centaur was pretty broken for a good 2 weeks before icefrog finally nerfed him. There was some pro outcry during that time as well. Most likely he just wanted to test the changes in a live environment before changing them.

Anno

Huh, somehow I didn't notice until now that the fight recaps are archived on the timeline by the pause button. Or is that just on replays?

Hylian7

They don't usually cave, centaur was pretty broken for a good 2 weeks before icefrog finally nerfed him. There was some pro outcry during that time as well. Most likely he just wanted to test the changes in a live environment before changing them.

I think it was one week Centaur was broken as all hell. And boy that week was nuts. Every single game, and you had zero chance against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom