• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

its so nice when someone comments on your magnus play....

and then shits on the whole team after we begin losing
SLx19c3.gif

I didn't really think about this up until now but does the fact that so many spells now deal Pure or physical damage instead of composite or magic damage mean AM is even weaker now? His Spell Shield doesn't actually protect him against all spells but just against magic ones, maybe if Icefrog changed it so it gave him resistance to all spells it'd make him more viable instead of less.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Had to carry some feeders but my 100% winrate on mid Omni continues:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/925474016

We were down SO MUCH in this game but even with the nerfed bounties our stronger carry (and BKB maiden, even with a zillion deaths) were able to win.

sephi22

So the Red Moon kinetic gem is one or two auto-attack animations. Not worth $5, lol. No idea why it wasn't included by default in the bundle.

Because its not related to that set. The Red Moon kinetic has existed for months now. It randomly attaches itself to Lycan items.
Its like buying a Wraith King set and getting the salvaged sword kinetic

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I didn't really think about this up until now but does the fact that so many spells now deal Pure or physical damage instead of composite or magic damage mean AM is even weaker now? His Spell Shield doesn't actually protect him against all spells but just against magic ones, maybe if Icefrog changed it so it gave him resistance to all spells it'd make him more viable instead of less.
5 spells now deal more damage then before to am due to the damage changes. Enigma's midnight pulse, alchs acid spay, beast masters axes, lesh edict, and techies land mines. AM is now better vs doom and fatal bonds.

Edit: wait, one more, scepter lina ult.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
But Zeus didn't even have a refresher :( If you are going to do Blyatseeker/Zeus combo at least get the refresher :(

Game was only a half hour long and dummy haaaad to have a Eul's for some reason... I'm like bro we don't even need to leave our fountain...

Hylian7

I thought about this last night and wanted to make a (blog) post on the whole "comback" matter.

I think IceFrog was trying to eradicate the word "throw" from everyone's vocabulary

Think about it, how many times have you heard someone say "Oh x team threw that game so hard!" when they simply lost it. When people say someone "threw" a game, it's usually because that the team that threw had the victory seemingly set in stone before they "threw" it away. IceFrog aims to eliminate that feeling of victories being set in stone so quickly.

Obviously, early advantages STILL count, and count very heavily. However this change does not allow you to be careless with them. If your mentality is "We can dive this, and if they kill one of us, it doesn't matter, as long as we are taking those towers." then that is exactly what the frog is trying to get rid of. Gain an early advantage shouldn't mean "Okay, we can play a little more sloppy and still win since we did so well." It just means it's easier for you to seal the deal and win the game. There is no more "We can't possibly lose this now, all our carries are fat." They still have a fighting chance.

Is this different than the Dota we are used to? Aboslutely, but I also think it is for the better. Snowballing still exists, and always will, it just doesn't allow you to be careless.

That being said, I do think originally the numbers were a little high. Last night's patch may have been a step in the right direction, but at first glance, I agree with Milk that it may be too much. However that is a super hard call to make, as we really have to see it in a bunch of games before we can determine that.

^ I don't think this will be the last time we see Icefrog target the ability for teams to come back. This idea wasn't met with open arms, but I assume he's in the lab coming up with another way to do it that feels a bit more palatable.

After playing a few more games, the comeback isn't noticeable at this point. Still that armor buff to towers pretty much slaughtered any early pushers.

Maybe I've spoke too soon, sounds like pros made chen work. Still I'm not expecting too many pushing heroes to be popular in AP.

So that's why it was taking me so long to drop towers with brood today. Still kicked much ass with her, but it felt like i was attacking towers forever.

Zeth

Because its not related to that set. The Red Moon kinetic has existed for months now. It randomly attaches itself to Lycan items.
Its like buying a Wraith King set and getting the salvaged sword kinetic

Oh wow, I missed that somehow. Interesting.

LiQuid!

Don't even act like this is the first time you've been a [OP FotM hero] picker Satch

Kard8p3

Nothing is more annoying than being gone for like 2 mins due to internet problems only to come back to find your team sold your items.

zzzzzzz

o well, it was unranked anyway.

Satch

Banned
Don't even act like this is the first time you've been a [OP FotM hero] picker Satch

explain yourself bitch, i started becoming interested in tinker before the crying of OP came into widespread prominence, and i was a Skywrath stan even before his buff

Never really played Progre Magi much before, but I figured I'd give him a spin again with the new buffs. Damn he's fun, 420 noscope multicasts for days. Any input on my current skill/item build?: http://www.dota2.com/workshop/builds/edit?fileid=41980153931074061

Boots > soul ring > tranquil boots > magic wand > blink > bloodstone > aghs

q > w > w > q > w >r > w > e > q > q > r > e > e > e > stats > r > stats

EDIT: also here's the #SatchStack link of the ogre match: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/925671261. Got carried by a clinkz that wasn't in our stack, but we still did well too.

inkls

i love him, i havent had this much fun playing dota in so long

he's the hero ive been looking for my whole dota career ;(
even when i lose, i still get my life because of him ;(

You didn't sound too happy after that anticlimatic end to that epic game yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom