• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hupsel

Oh god the :EYES, air and mess guys are here
disapprove.gif

Randdalf

Why is there a thread on Reddit complaining about net worth not being an accurate estimate of a hero's strength (even though it generally is), despite the fact that the net worth use in the bounty system is based on the net worth of the team not each individual hero?

NBtoaster

Why is there a thread on Reddit complaining about net worth not being an accurate estimate of a hero's strength (even though it generally is), despite the fact that the net worth use in the bounty system is based on the net worth of the team not each individual hero?

The net worths of the individual killer and victim are factors in addition to team net worths.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

The system is actually based on both the net worth of the team, and how much of the networth the killed hero has. So I do think its a decent indication of how strong the hero was.

Actually, let me do a bit of math. I'm going to take the numbers of a won game of mine that was pretty even, and find out how much gold the enemy team would get if they managed to 5 man wipe us at the very end of the game. This one to be specific:
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/910151198

So Radiant had 84.5k gold total, and Dire had 104.7k gold. Lets say there is 4 enemy heroes in the fight for the max amount of potential gold changing hands, Dire has zero unreliable gold, and to keep the math a bit simple, no kill streaks. And lets do the calculations for the heroes in lowest to highest net worth.

So, the formuals we are working with are:
200 + streak value (0) + (killed Hero level * 9)
And

VictimLevel = Level of the Victim
VictimNW = The victim's Net Worth
EnemyTeamNW = Enemy team's total Net Worth
AlliedTeamNW = Your team's total Net Worth
NWDifference = ( EnemyTeamNW - AlliedTeamNW )/ ( EnemyTeamNW + AlliedTeamNW ) (minimum 0)
NWFactor = NWDifference * VictimNW

4 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.14

So, first Rubick dies. Has 9.5k gold, is level 14. So the killer gets 326 gold, each of the 4 heroes gets 66 + .14 * (20200/189200) * 9500 = 208. So radiant got 1158 gold, so they are now at 85658 gold.

Next up, Zeus Dies. Has 15.4k networth, level 20. Killer get 380 gold, each of the 4 heroes gets 90 + .14 * (19042 / 190358) * 15400 = 305. So radiant got 1600 gold for that kill. So now radiant is at 87258 gold.

Now, void dies. Level 23, 25.4k networth. Killer gets 407, each of the 4 heroes get 102 + .14 * (17442 / 191958) * 25400 = 425. So for that kill, radiant got 2107, so they are now at 89365.

Next up Doom. Level 22, 26.3k gold. Killer gets 398, each of the 4 heroes get 98 + .14 * (15335 / 194065) * 26300 = 389. So for that kill, radiant got 1954 gold, so they are now at 91319.

Finally, Tinker dies. Level 24, 28.1k gold. Killer get 416, each of the 4 heroes get 106 + .14 * (13381 / 196019) * 28100 = 375. So for that kill, radiant got 1916 gold, so they are now at 93235 gold.

So, in this game where dire had a 20k gold lead at 47 minutes, radiant would have obtained 8735 gold, turning the 20k gold lead into only a 11.5k gold lead.

I think I like the current numbers for the bounty system, but maybe they should be lowered another 25%.

bbd23

man I am having some weird ass internet issues right now. some sites load, some dont, cant play CS online, steam store doesnt load but my skype works

wtf is going on
cry.gif

I just wanna play dota

I was playing tb. Internet went down for 5-10 mins.
Went back to the game 20 mins in but still managed to farm travel,skadi, and manta.
We won, feels good.

Big Dog

This Universe stream right now is absolute heaven. Mixing my childhood of amazing Disney music with my current love of Dota and his incredible playing.... feels so amazing. The nostalgia and feels are real on his stream. The entire chat is dedicated right now to first saying the song and then talking about how good it is and just some real conversations. Pretty surprising to me.

Question regarding Doom's ult. It's been changed to pure damage but in the tool tip for the ability (when you alt click it) it still says that Doom is mitigated by magic shields like Pipe. Is this the case or has the tool tip just not been updated to reflect the change in Doom's damage type?

TUSR

Banned
How do I play WR, what lane is good? What is a good lane buddy?

bully people out of lane with power shot and shackle people together

its pretty easy

just go orchid, or if you are feeling tactical get a push stick for shackle positioning

Big Dog

Or just build a maelstrom and a daedalus for maximum damage and tower melting goodness. WR is a great hero to have some fun as. Shackleshot can be pretty incredible if used well enough. Sets up great powershots and even a good shot of her ult if u have good damage.

No. Was up about 15 kills about 20 minutes in and Doom would never Doom Spectre before she got her ult off. Was against a Kunkka, Viper and Ogre and he wouldn't even go BKB.

At least your Doom did stuff. The one I just played with simply afk farmed jungle while the rest of the the team tried to 4v5 defend and steadily lost ground. Hey, we lost horribly but he had a Hand of Midas and a Radiance.

At least your Doom did stuff. The one I just played with simply afk farmed jungle while the rest of the the team tried to 4v5 defend and steadily lost ground. Hey, we lost horribly but he had a Hand of Midas and a Radiance.

Didn't you know, the goal of DOTA is finishing your item build, not defending your ancient. Don't let the name of the game confuse you!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Do not give up. It took me 8 tries to win a game with Bristleback (instead of 2 in average), but I am still okay compared to the overall average (76 compared to 77 for the average). It is just you won't finish the challenge in 108 attempts.
Yeah but BB is a good hero

yarden24

she is a very strong laner, 600 range and one of the best animations in the game, means she can out harass mostly any offlaner, she can mid well, and she can offlane sometimes, depending on whom you're up against.

her biggest problems are her unreliable stun, it can be one of the best stuns in the game,but its very hard to land reliably .
and her ulti which is all but useless unless you snowball like a mad man early.

shes a fun hero, i like her a lot.

Yeah but BB is a good hero

I think WR is still pretty good, just not competitively viable. Going the damage dealer route requires too much gold and time to be decent but I really like playing the 3 role as her(solo off or mid), keeping your team going in the early/mid game with Mek and going for Orchid/Sheep(You could get a Mael first) later on, the downside is you need at least one other competent player to carry you in the late game, since WR just isn't powerful enough to do it on her own.

Support WR is just a worse version of other supports, don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom