• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoli

Doesnt matter that I killed Spectre 4 times before 10 mins.

Doesn't matter we took early towers and map control.

Spectre presses R and gets a radiance at 20.

What a joke.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

What a joke.
Ok, I want to see that for my self, what was the match id.

Not that I doubt that 6.82 made patches more swingy and WAY more in favour of lategame but I think some people might be exaggerating its effects just a tad.

Madouu

I do think there might be an issue with spectre though, he is one of those heroes that have a history with becoming broken every time there's a big buff to assist gold. (See hon sand wraith for an example of this)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

What a joke.

So i loaded up this replay and i hate to break it to you bro but this isn't 6.82 or spectre related. Spectre was 3/3/7 at 20 mins and you guys took 1 tower to their 3 towers at that same 20 min mark. SF and spec were pretty much top farm in the game from 8 min onward.

this game wouldn't have been any different in the last patch

the last gold bounty nerf was enough imo, the system is pretty solid now and it really isn't all that different from 6.81 now unless it's late late game and you are ahead by like a billion net worth (and even then, you aren't going to lose)

Renoir

So Clock is pretty fun.
Im wondering what make people pick pudge instead of clock ..
the hook mechanic on clock seem way easier to control
Pudge is more pro? more DMg? Am i missing something?

SV30gC0.jpg

Ok, I want to see that for my self, what was the match id.

We were 16k gold and xp behind and won late game due to me being an incredible player
and having picked Spectre when cumback was in the game
:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/922959586

I think it's fine now though. If they had not tweaked the change, Spectre would've been entirely broken however. You can't do shit late game against that hero.

She always was one of the best recovering heroes due to how easy it was to get assists though. That poster might've just had bad luck. Shutting her down in lane is sadly often not enough.

Renoir

it seems to me anyway.. that they have similar set up

clock > hook >cog>bat assault>missile
pudge> hook>dismeber> rot

they bot have a trap setup. and a close quarter spell.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Spectre getting love makes me happy, she's my favorite carry in the game. Also does anyone else agree that she has a rock-paper-scissors arrangement with Void and Morphling? I've found that when six-slotted (or thereabouts) Void shuts down Morphling pretty hard, but Morph shuts down Spectre, but Spectre destroys Void. Anyone agree?

Do you think they will stick with the urn changes? I mean mainly the cold snap and refraction interaction. Looking at it urn is only one damage instance per second, for some reason I thought it was more, so it's not actually as big a deal as I thought it was at first. Quas Wex invoker with urn and orchid is pretty fun.

But still I think it's a sizeable nerf to TA. Maybe it's intended? She was doing all right for herself in the last patch, although no one really complained about her.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Do you think they will stick with the urn changes? I mean mainly the cold snap and refraction interaction. Looking at it urn is only one damage instance per second, for some reason I thought it was more, so it's not actually as big a deal as I thought it was at first. Quas Wex invoker with urn and orchid is pretty fun.

But still I think it's a sizeable nerf to TA. Maybe it's intended? She was doing all right for herself in the last patch, although no one really complained about her.

TA didnt need nerfing. I wish HP removal was still around. I get removing composite and universal damage. I still think HP removal had its place though.

Hylian7

TA didnt need nerfing. I wish HP removal was still around. I get removing composite and universal damage. I still think HP removal had its place though.

They should really just make Urn Negative Regeneration like Necrophos's Heartstopper is.

They don't actually need to bring back HP removal to avoid the cold-snap/refraction interaction, they could just make the damage instances small enough. (Less than 5 for refraction or 10 for cold-snap.) So it must be intended, people brought up this problem as soon as it went on the test client.

What a joke.

Now that I read this, this is so true, I played Spectre for the first time with this patch, we were behind by ten minutes with our towers destroyed and 4 vs 5 since my friend had a lot of lag and barely could move, however we got so much money after turtling and getting some kills that I just kept presing R and going to the middle of the fight dying always, and still, I got radiance, diffusal, heart of tarrasque and I was building a butterfly by the moment we destroyed the enemy base.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/923261984

Also today playing as Viper, my team was being stomped by a five man push, Keeper, Meepo, Brood, Visage and Io, they destroyed everything except our base in the first 20 minutes, then we won a couple of team fights and I endend being a six slotted Viper, I was so tanky that I didn't give a sh*t and pursued one meepo till killing him with all his team hitting me and I survived.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/927356382

After the last patches, the comebacks are still real.

Kard8p3

So i loaded up this replay and i hate to break it to you bro but this isn't 6.82 or spectre related. Spectre was 3/3/7 at 20 mins and you guys took 1 tower to their 3 towers at that same 20 min mark. SF and spec were pretty much top farm in the game from 8 min onward.

this game wouldn't have been any different in the last patch

the last gold bounty nerf was enough imo, the system is pretty solid now and it really isn't all that different from 6.81 now unless it's late late game and you are ahead by like a billion net worth (and even then, you aren't going to lose)

laugh.gif

I love these posts!

Artanisix

Urn lasts was too long and has too good of range to allow it to cancel blinks like it currently does.

Fatal Bonds is another one, RIP using clarities against Warlock.

Alternatively, a 3-second CD on blink dagger after being hit is really, really good, and having more counters to it is a positive change for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom