• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

Nobody listens to me when I tell them we can still lose against a medusa and ember...

nobody listens...

SLx19c3.gif

I think Rod of Atos could be cool on support Gyro, since you can use it to run people down with your first spell and it also stops them from just running away from your missile.

J2d

I just had great game were we, mostly melee characters was about to win against the all-star gang of limited pick assholes (sniper, viper, drow etc), and then the majority of the players gets disconnected and only two from my team manage to get back. I get hit with the item bug too so needless to say my WK and the other Sven got fucked in the ass.

Fix this shit Valve...

Anno

On paper, LC seems like an insanely good hero. Good to great starting stats, decent stat gains, every skill is really useful. Yet I've seen her start well so far but always seems to fall off after going a little too deep and taking a few deaths. Really want to see her in full glory late game 6-slotted with hundreds of stolen damage.

Demoli

On paper, LC seems like an insanely good hero. Good to great starting stats, decent stat gains, every skill is really useful. Yet I've seen her start well so far but always seems to fall off after going a little too deep and taking a few deaths. Really want to see her in full glory late game 6-slotted with hundreds of stolen damage.

Her toolset makes her an increadibly aggressive hero, and late game there are some risks to that.

Keep your team in the game with your double BF daedalus sleight damage for an hour, lose the last team fight and your team blames you for throwing. Ember can't win :(

I didn't throw!

Does alliance ever win anything at all anymore?
Every game I watch with them playing they lose...

Ever since their old rat strategy fell out of the meta they've been losing hard, now a new patch and longer games and they still lose vs teams like cloud 9

Did they really only have one trick up their sleeve?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just ragequit for the first time in a looooong fucking time, but I was in a three stack and we ended up with these two non-english speaking assholes. This storm spirit goes mid, dies repeatedly to Huskar, and never ganks. This Mirana insists on coming bot to, I dunno, support or something with Luna and Lion, despite the fact that our fifth is a KotL and we don't have another offlaner. She proceeds to fucking autoattack and spam her arrow, leaving her constantly mana deprived. Finally when I went mid to try and farm and Lion and I just manage to eeke out a kill on Huskar only for me to die to his stupid flames I said "fuck it" and took the abandon, mostly because they also had a Spectre and a PA and I knew there was no fucking way that game was either a.)ending before 50 minutes or b.)going in our favor

FUUUUUUCK

Satch

Banned
every game that i pick timbersaw, i get somebody telling me im stupid for buying blink dagger on him

why wont people let me live

I bet you forgot to put a little man down and got silenced for days.

My team was mad that I went back to my remnant next to the T4s after I got hexed and entangled and my flameguard was gone. I kept all the lanes pushed out even with 2 raxes down, but I guess it might've been better if I committed to team fights and died along with my team instead of artificially extending a game that was pretty hopeless.

fallagin

every game that i pick timbersaw, i get somebody telling me im stupid for buying blink dagger on him

I could see it in some situations, but you already have a pretty reliable movement skill that has a 4 second cooldown.

Wok

So far, I know the the two best heroes to pick to lose a pub game at my MMR:

1. Bristleback (8 games for a single win)
  2. Gyrocopter (7 games for a single win)
  3. The Old Phantom Lancer (5 games for a single win, patch 6.81)
Every other hero takes one or two tries max. Next heroes in my all-hero challenges are lifestealer and jakiro, we will see whether we have a contender.

bristle is good hes freelo

You are all trolling me, right?

Jokab

Does alliance ever win anything at all anymore?
Every game I watch with them playing they lose...

Ever since their old rat strategy fell out of the meta they've been losing hard, now a new patch and longer games and they still lose vs teams like cloud 9

Did they really only have one trick up their sleeve?

To be fair Cloud9 is one of the best western teams now, probably top 4.

And sure Alliance isn't doing great these days, but they went 3-1 in starladder today. Chessie played brilliantly.

Razzer

So far, I know the the two best heroes to pick to lose a pub game at my MMR:
  • Bristleback (8 games for a single win)
  • Gyrocopter (7 games for a single win)
Every other hero takes one or two tries max. Next heroes in my all-hero challenges are lifestealer and jakiro, we will see whether we have a contender.

You are all trolling me, right?

Nah. Go solo off, get levels and treads, then kill their trilane at 6 when you have mana.

Mordeccai

bristle is so stronk.

My favorite pub cheese combo is my friend playing kotl and me on bristle.

hope you like quills
pls no buy magic stick

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gold for assists.

To add to this, it looks like you get the "AoE Bounty" as long as you get the kill, no matter where you are. So it basically doubles the amount of gold she gets for global KSing (She doesn't get any gold for simply getting an assist with her ult though, if she doesn't get the kill she has to be in the AoE)

Ketch

I got told I was stupid for buying force staff on timber vs a silencer. And then when I force staffed away and they all died I got pinged out for running from the fight.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Is anyone elses mouse freaking out in game lately? Its only in Dota, but its like I've got super bad lag, sometimes the pointer even seems to disappear

Mordeccai

Plus like he's the only dude that you should go vanguard on to begin with, so its like they made a new item just for him.

I was absolutely crushing the other team today, EXCEPT for their bristle. All he had was a blademail, crimson guard, and a sange, but dude was tanky as all hell. It's really a great item for bristle if you can build it in time.

kard8p3 said:
guys
guys

one more sleeps until shadow of mordor

no bro, not until the 30th at 1pm EST.

two more sleeps.

I have cried myself to sleep waiting for this game for 1.5 weeks now.

Ketch

Literally worse than with Bristleback.

GtCvYry.png

Help!

Gyro is the first hero of my challenge so.... lemme know if you ever figure it out.

My idea is to do what milk said and go solo mid max homing missile, but then maybe buy blink dagger and max rocket barrage next... so like 4/4/0/1 by 9. blink, phase, aghs, bkb... I don't know. I think that hero is shitty.

Kard8p3

I was absolutely crushing the other team today, EXCEPT for their bristle. All he had was a blademail, crimson guard, and a sange, but dude was tanky as all hell. It's really a great item for bristle if you can build it in time.

no bro, not until the 30th at 1pm EST.

two more sleeps.

I have cried myself to sleep waiting for this game for 1.5 weeks now.

Do you have digital or physical? Cuz digital unlocks at 12 am pst

but ya i feel u, im hella hyped for this game, hard to concentrate on school work.

I don't get why Blademail on Bristle isn't treated like Battlefury Bounty was by the community. You only reflect reduced damage, and you almost want to entice people to hit you. The casual platemail into either AC or Shiva's does so much more for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom