• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

support terrorblade go

if complexity come back after running this stupid draft and lanes, I don't know what dota is anymore.

Kambing

Anyone else notice that you do not have to be lvl 13 to play ranked games? My smurf is level 8 and i was able to queue in group for ranked. Also notice i can do solo ranked too now.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/928374396

People like this OD are hilarious. Apparently everything is my fault because I picked NS, which is apparently a "useless hero". OD picked OD 25 seconds after the pick time and said nothing about the pick, and blamed me for picking NS in the first place. According to him it's my fault because "NS can't carry". Well NS doesn't really carry, if only OD went items and a skill build that weren't shit.

He also said that maxing Orb and Essence Aura before Astral Imprisonment was a perfectly viable build.

Chris R

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/928374396

People like this OD are hilarious. Apparently everything is my fault because I picked NS, which is apparently a "useless hero". OD picked OD 25 seconds after the pick time and said nothing about the pick, and blamed me for picking NS in the first place. According to him it's my fault because "NS can't carry". Well NS doesn't really carry, if only OD went items and a skill build that weren't shit.

He also said that maxing Orb and Essence Aura before Astral Imprisonment was a perfectly viable build.

How does Wisp almost have more hero damage than OD...

Madouu

How can OD pick OD when he is already OD

Also, I just realized I had Heroes of the Storm activated on my battle.net account since the 9th of July and I didn't know it.

Hylian7

How can OD pick OD when he is already OD

Also, I just realized I had Heroes of the Storm activated on my battle.net account since the 9th of July and I didn't know it.

No john, you are OD.

Also I fired up HotS about a week ago for funzies. They have a Pandaren Brewmaster hero that's basically the WC3 one. However for split, of course you can't control the pandas individually. They all just move toward where you click in the same formation, and you have a button to make them spread out. It's like a new player trying to play Brewmaster in Dota just box selecting all of them and right clicking at things, except it's even worse than that, because at least the new players will throw the rock.

bbd23

6.82b

* Reworked how the AoE bonus Gold calculation is done slightly: NWDifference variable is now (EnemyTeamNW/AlliedTeamNW) - 1 [Min 0, Max 1]
* Rescaled the AoE Gold constant multipliers (in part to account for the formula tweak) from 0.26/0.22/0.18/0.14/0.1 to 0.06/0.06/0.05/0.04/0.03
* Reduced AoE XP bonus factor for 1/2/3/4/5 hero kills from 0.5/0.35/0.25/0.2/0.15 to 0.3/0.3/0.2/0.15/0.12

6.82b Full details (from initial 6.82 to 6.82b)
===========================
* Kill Streak Bounty from 100->800 to 60->480 (6.81: 125->1000)
* Adjusted bonus area of effect Gold and XP

6.82 Gold Formula
-----------------------
VictimLevel = Level of the Victim
VictimNW = The victim's Net Worth
EnemyTeamNW = Enemy team's total Net Worth
AlliedTeamNW = Your team's total Net Worth
NWDifference = ( EnemyTeamNW - AlliedTeamNW ) / ( EnemyTeamNW + AlliedTeamNW ) [Min 0]
NWFactor = NWDifference * VictimNW

1 Hero: Gold = 40 + 7 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.5
2 Heroes: Gold = 30 + 6 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.35
3 Heroes: Gold = 20 + 5 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.25
4 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.2
5 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.15

6.82b Gold Formula
-------------------------
VictimLevel = Level of the Victim
VictimNW = The victim's Net Worth
EnemyTeamNW = Enemy team's total Net Worth
AlliedTeamNW = Your team's total Net Worth
NWDifference = ( EnemyTeamNW / AlliedTeamNW ) - 1 [Min 0, Max 1]

1 Hero: Gold = 40 + 7 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.06
2 Heroes: Gold = 30 + 6 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.06
3 Heroes: Gold = 20 + 5 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.05
4 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.04
5 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.03

6.82 XP Factors:
--------------------
1 Hero: XP = 20 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.5
2 Heroes: XP = 15 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.35
3 Heroes: XP = 10 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.25
4 Heroes: XP = 7 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.2
5 Heroes: XP = 5 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.15

6.82b XP Factors:
----------------------
1 Hero: XP = 20 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.3
2 Heroes: XP = 15 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.3
3 Heroes: XP = 10 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.2
4 Heroes: XP = 7 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.15
5 Heroes: XP = 5 * VictimLevel + XPFactor * 0.12

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
tldr: comeback mechanic (for gold) virtually gone, comeback mechanic for xp scaled down significantly

should be very close to 6.81 now

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Ok, lets make it simpleish. I'm going to take numbers from this game, and see the difference with a single kill.

Let say I void die 1 second before we win due to fountain diving, and I obviously don't have a kill streak since I have a total of 3 kills.

6.81a2 Killer gets 407, each of the 4 heroes get 102 + .14 * (20200 / 189200) * 25400 = 482 gold for each hero, so 2335 gold total for the kill.

6.81b, killer gets 407 still, each of the 4 heroes get 102 + .04 * 6072 = 345 gold for each hero, so 1787 gold total for the kill.

So, definitely less gold being given out. The comeback is still there, but its less then half the initial value, and significantly less the previous version.

Here is the tl;dr version of the gold chagnes in more englishy terms:
They changed the variable for gold difference from a percent of total net worth of both teams to ratio of the networths

Wok

6.82 Gold Formula
-----------------------
NWDifference = ( EnemyTeamNW - AlliedTeamNW ) / ( EnemyTeamNW + AlliedTeamNW ) [Min 0]

1 Hero: Gold = 40 + 7 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.5
2 Heroes: Gold = 30 + 6 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.35
3 Heroes: Gold = 20 + 5 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.25
4 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.2
5 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.15

6.82b Gold Formula
-------------------------
NWDifference = ( EnemyTeamNW / AlliedTeamNW ) - 1 [Min 0, Max 1]

1 Hero: Gold = 40 + 7 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.06
2 Heroes: Gold = 30 + 6 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.06
3 Heroes: Gold = 20 + 5 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.05
4 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.04
5 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * VictimLevel + NWFactor * 0.03

This is just:

NWDifference = ( EnemyTeamNW - AlliedTeamNW ) / AlliedTeamNW [Min 0, Max 1]

So, if both teams were almost even (EnemyTeamNW almost equal to AlliedTeamNW), the denominator would be half (0.5) of what it used to be, and the coefficients would be roughly 5 times less, which means 60% less gold (1 - 1/0.5/5).

Now, if EnemyTeamNW has 50% more gold, NWDifference used to be one third (0.5/1.5) and it now is one half (0.5/1), and the coefficients being roughly 5 times less, this means roughly 3 times less gold (0.5/5)/(1/3) or 70% less gold.

If the lead is so important than one could neglect AlliedTeamNW compared to EnemyTeamNW, the NWDifference is 1 due to the max, and since the coefficients are roughly 5 times less, this means 5 times less gold, i.e. 80% less gold.

So, in the end, the nerf is 60% to 80% less gold than before.

Ketch

Literally worse than with Bristleback.

GtCvYry.png

Help!

Here's my first game as gyro:

I went mid. Maxed homing missile, and rocket barrage, went bottle, brown boots, blink. Just run with your missile and then blink on top of them when it hits and rocket barrage for the kill. Easy ganks in the side lanes if anybody else has a stun or you're in good position when you drop the missile.

I went bkb to not feed in the mid game and then damage items, eventually sold the blink for satanic once I realized they couldn't fight me anymore.

edit: Also, play least played because the people in that que are shit.

edit#2: Not sure if I would have won this game without the comeback gold... I'm gonna say yes, we would have. Because why would I say no?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
J9n74mr.gif

NO
NOT LIKE THIS

I'VE COME AROUND. 6.82 IS LOVE 6.82 IS LIFE

I earned this win

FAT SWAG
xXN3e8o.png

Yes that is almost 4k from one kill.
800 killstreak + 950 x 3 assist gold.
oSY7Aou.jpg

HOLY SHIT I FUKKIN CARRIED MY TEAM STARTING AS POSITION 4/5 RIKI
Credit to Techies and Zeus for being good. Minus points to Naga for not knowing how to play Naga and building Vanguard -> Diff -> Heart -> 51 minute radiance and never microing illusions or pushing lanes or using riptide past moving 3 of them into a lane.

BIG FUCKING PLAYSSSSSSSSSS the VODDENING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom