• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

How do you skill slardar? obviously crush first but then Sprint over bash I guess? it scales better... and if you play him offlane you can get a bottle and use sprint secure runes. Probably go 1/3/1 first and then play it by ear.

But blink stun with a max bash has gotta secure a kill right?

Acinixys

How do you skill slardar? obviously crush first but then Sprint over bash I guess? it scales better... and if you play him offlane you can get a bottle and use sprint secure runes. Probably go 1/3/1 first and then play it by ear.

1 - 3 - 1 - 1 at level 6 is my usual build

Sprint is really good, so i like to skill it over bash (seeing as you need AS to make bash points worth while)

Treads - Blink - Armlet - AC - BKB - Heart is the usual build

You dont really need damage items on him because his ult gives you a tonne of damage already

Madouu

The usual build is to max crush then sprint with a value point in bash possibly... the logic here is that you don't really have the attack speed early on to use your passive very well, and you will probably have to chase your target to kill it which sprint helps with.

There are some other builds people use, you've got the draskyl school of thought for example that thinks sprint is a useless skill that should be skipped most of the time in favor of maxing his two other skills. Another build is the hanni/notail slardar: maxing sprint over crush and then getting bash later.

My opinion is that it depends on your playstyle, the role you are playing and what kind of heroes the opponents have. Personally, I've got more of a fight initiator mind set, so most of the time I will go for the max crush then sprint build, because it lets you initiate, do some damage, retreat to reset and then blink crush again. It is the most easiest way to win fights, and games with him in my opinion.

If you are running more of a roaming slardar, which actually works pretty well, then maxing sprint can be good if your allies have enough killing power, it lets you run around between lanes early on and gank very easily. Finally, if you have more of a carry mindset, meaning you won't be running around too much and have enough lockdown/initiating power on your team, then the draskyl build might be worth a shot, it helps with both farming and fighting early on.

edit: bkb right after blink is usually a must buy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like he's only playing slark? EG's new razor? Though quite honestly, slark could be the breakout hero of this patch as pretty much all of his counters got nerfed, and nerfs to 5 man deathball/push also benefit him greatly.

No, he is just playing what ever. He was Veno last game. I think he is picking heroes who are good vs TA since he is getting matched against Dragonfist though.

Not sure if it was just him trolling a bit, but Fear was saying Veno is basically op with the BKB change. Said eventually the enemy will hit 5 second BKBs, and with Poison Nova even applying to BKB units, you will get at least 10 second of poison nova for 800 magic damage on units.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
No, he is just playing what ever. He was Veno last game. I think he is picking heroes who are good vs TA since he is getting matched against Dragonfist though.

Not sure if it was just him trolling a bit, but Fear was saying Veno is basically op with the BKB change. Said eventually the enemy will hit 5 second BKBs, and with Poison Nova even applying to BKB units, you will get at least 10 second of poison nova for 800 magic damage on units.

SArTug6.png

Veno seems to be the exception there because of dragonfist (just a straight ta counterpick). He's playing slark again now though, so definitely some slark spam goin on.

Looks like he's only playing slark? EG's new razor? Though quite honestly, slark could be the breakout hero of this patch as pretty much all of his counters got nerfed, and nerfs to 5 man deathball/push also benefit him greatly.

Slark, LC, Broodmother, Silencer and PA seem to be really good heroes this patch, atleast from what I've experienced in pub play.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Slark, LC, Broodmother, Silencer and PA seem to be really good heroes this patch, atleast from what I've experienced in pub play.

Yeah I agree, pretty much any hero that used to be countered by bloodseeker thirst or doom/chrono disabling evasion has really really benefitted from this patch. Not to mention most of those suck against deathball (which was nerfed).

Mordeccai

Guys guys guys, I can download and unpack Mordor.

But I just had to uninstall dota to do it.

FUCK IT DED GAEM ANYWAY here I come mordor

Quesa

Really? Boo.

Just was listening to last weeks bombcast and read a headline.

Port seems really good so far, some hitches as you pan the camera around and it loads textures, but others fairly good! But I guess they may have split up consoles for journos and PC for youtubers? Seems like a weird thing to do though. Played about half an hour of it and it seems like Assassin's Creed with New Vegas' faction stuff and Arkham's combat.

It runs really well and looks good.

First impressions are it's pretty easy but it's plenty fun.

rip in pieces stevewinwood stack.

It takes like 30 gbs of extra space just to unpack it, you get it all back when it's done obviously, but it was a pain in the butt. It's already re installed :p

Madouu

I'mma just going to play some my Hyrule Warriors, I'm not really interested in a Lord of the Rings game.

That's what I'm doing but I'll give Mordor a shot sometime.

Oh and I tried out Guild Wars 2, not my kind of game. The last mmo that grabbed me was The Secret World, nothing since then.

I'mma just going to play some my Hyrule Warriors, I'm not really interested in a Lord of the Rings game.

From what I've heard about both, Mordor is about as much a Lord of the Rings game as Hyrule Warriors is a Zelda game.

Anyways, I've gotten used to the comeback gold and now that it's way reduced I still feel like the game isn't lost when it definitely is. Volvo pls give me back my hope, and let me play slot machines for 2k gold bounties with crit cleaves

Nymerio

Amazing how some people can go from genuine "wp guys" to "xxx is fucking useless" in the space of one team fight. And then you have the AM with the lowest gpm in the game crying "nice feed just gg already" when we still have all T2 towers up.

Madouu

Amazing how some people can go from genuine "wp guys" to "xxx is fucking useless" in the space of one team fight. And then you have the AM with the lowest gpm in the game crying "nice feed just gg already" when we still have all T2 towers up.

Community is filled with children. Luckily, there's a mute button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom