• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVimes

As far as female representation Valve is about as good as it gets with this kind of thing, which is to say that the female characters that are there encompass a wide variety of roles and personalities, and the conventionally human looking ones are also all conventionally attractive. I'd like it if there was a larger ratio of female to male characters and if there were more female characters who were "unattractive" like Pudge or Lifestealer or inhuman, like Bristleback and Bane, but yeah, by the standards of the time Dota 2 is just fine

I don't think Bane really has a sex. People call him "him" because saying "it" is awkward as hell.

Eh, I think Dota 2 still has the 'default cleavage' problem of character design. I mean, it's nice that not everyone is a QoP, but I'd prefer heroes like LC or PA to be the majority. I also wish Valve did more gender swapping during the design phase to get the roster out of the 85-15 gender split.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Eh, I think Dota 2 still has the 'default cleavage' problem of character design. I mean, it's nice that not everyone is a QoP, but I'd prefer heroes like LC or PA to be the majority. I also wish Valve did more gender swapping during the design phase to get the roster out of the 85-15 gender split.

Basically where I'm at.

Agree with this, though I don't really care either way. Looking at the list of heroes there's a lot of heroes that could have been female but are male. Slardar, Treant, At least one of the Spirits, Razor, Veno, Viper, Nyx, Pugna, AA, Visage could have all been female without changing too much except a different voice(though you'd need to change more for the spirits) and in some cases even that isn't really necessary(Viper's gender is ambiguous imo).

Agree with this, though I don't really care either way. Looking at the list of heroes there's a lot of heroes that could have been female but are male. Slardar, Treant, At least one of the Spirits, Razor, Veno, Viper, Nyx, Pugna, AA, Visage could have all been female without changing too much except a different voice(though you'd need to change more for the spirits) and in some cases even that isn't really necessary(Viper's gender is ambiguous imo).

They can still remake Viper.

Not having one of the Spirits be female was a missed opportunity to be sure. Speaking of remakes, WHERE IS MY ZEUS VISUAL UPDATE, VALVE. PLSSSSSS

They can still remake Viper.

Not having one of the Spirits be female was a missed opportunity to be sure. Speaking of remakes, WHERE IS MY ZEUS VISUAL UPDATE, VALVE. PLSSSSSS

I think none of them are female because the one I'd make female would be Storm, and he was made first of all, so they couldn't retroactively change his gender(I think they could, but they won't). Ember could also be female though.

KingKong

Earth could have been female. Just would have been a different design.

oitnb0403.jpg

Kard8p3

piper chapmans skill set involves being dumb and annoying

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates her. I legit think she's the worst character on the show. I don't understand how people hate Larry He seems like the most realistic person TBH.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give MORDOR KEY

NEVER GIVE UP FRIEND.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ give mordor midnight release

I will pray 4 u.

Quesa

I was gonna tell you to buy it off the market but it's fucking more expensive on there for some reason

But I would def get a full game over an arcana any day.

In other news my 13 straight Io losses have definitely put me in shit tier cuz I just went 12-0 with a average four-spell invoker that I randomed.

broodmother ridic good now. That speed in webs :/.

and also lone druid sucks, again. Hate it when my favorite heroes sink to abyssal nothingness. Can he atleast get roots at level 3, and make it castable now that the bear has mana?

FACE

Banned
I think Dota 2 is one of the games where the female heroines are more covered than the rest, specially LoL and the alternate skins. Only QoP and maybe Venge show more skin. Luna is the best waifu and shes in that delicious fabulous beautiful full body baby blue latex suit.

gRlCWYF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom