• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the new features on the Compendium system lets me span across two pages without having to worry about the central crease. Not sure if I'll use it much.

How does this look?

iATBIhzpnqqOp.png

One of the new features on the Compendium system lets me span across two pages without having to worry about the central crease. Not sure if I'll use it much.

How does this look?
i like it
5 losses in a row on QOP for this stupid challenge. This hero is actually terrible.
how comfortable are you with other snowball heroes like storm or night stalker? its a very different style of play

BeesEight

That's nothing, yesterday me, Hupsel and Godelsmetric ran into a duo of the most irredeemable assholes I've met so far. At the start of the match my introductory 'hey team' was responded to with 'nice finally an english speaker and not a dirty mexican'. I thought ok casual racism thats not too out of the ordinary for the dota community lets just play this match. However, that was just the beginning. From there on they voiced their disapproval on everything by going 'cunt faggot this' and 'n***** that' over the mic. Thank the stars the opposing drow disconnected 3 minutes in and (after vigorous unpausing from our lovely couple) allowed us to bail without consequence on this scum.

Clearly, this is all the fault of inkls breaking his pc and not queueing with us. y r u doin this 2 us inkqls ;_;

Finally finished my project and am eagerly looking forward to sweet, delicious abuse in the solo queue tonight.

Also, Wasteland 2 is buggy as all hell. I love you Wasteland, but you need to clean yourself up.

I'm pretty damn good at Storm, Nightstalker OK but better than this hero. She's just completely negligible late game.

well if youre going to late game and youre the hardest one on your team thats a loss yea

you gotta make enough room for your carry to destroy the other team

or single handidly beat the other team into the ground so there isnt a late game

id say the same of storm or night stalker for example

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
well if youre going to late game and youre the hardest one on your team thats a loss yea

or single handidly beat the other team into the ground so there isnt a late game

Yeah but Storm and hop around, give flying vision, and has a lengthly disable and a slow that can be used multiple times.

I like QoP. Just kill all the lanes constantly.

Carlius

Banned
it brings tears to my eyes to see an anti mage in a pro game. thank god that shitty push meta is over. long game meta for the fucking win

Acinixys

Try playing her offlane with a basi, max shadow strike and blink before skilling scream/ultimate.

I agree with this

Solo mid QoP is pretty rubbish

She can offlane easily though. Last time I played QoP i trilaned offlane with Brew and Tree

We got the first 12 kills of the game

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

The problem is there's no such thing as not going to late game right now.

Hupsel

Yeah I'm also not a big fan of QoP. I think pubs have a hard time playing with her on my bracket, they always feed. Same for Windranger. In fact, the three "worst" heroes imo are all female... QoP, Lina and Windranger (sorry kvk ;_;).

Polygon article inc.
wink.gif

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I agree with this

Solo mid QoP is pretty rubbish

She can offlane easily though. Last time I played QoP i trilaned offlane with Brew and Tree

We got the first 12 kills of the game

I still thinks she needs a solo lane, but shadow strike is an undervalued skill. Scream is still needed for mid though, have to control those creeps.

Also, she can scale pretty decently into late game now with the BAT change, you just have to itemize her more in the carry direction than the support/utility direction. If you aren't going to build right click I think you ought to be getting ags rather than the orchid/(bkb)/sheep path that many will take, identical to storm.

I've had a lot of success with her recently using both builds, but I really prefer building her damage with the bat change. Her attacks feel so much better.

Quesa

I still thinks she needs a solo lane, but shadow strike is an undervalued skill. Scream is still needed for mid though, have to control those creeps.

Also, she can scale pretty decently into late game now with the BAT change, you just have to itemize her more in the carry direction than the support/utility direction. If you aren't going to build right click I think you ought to be getting ags rather than the orchid/(bkb)/sheep path that many will take, identical to storm.

I've had a lot of success with her recently using both builds, but I really prefer building her damage with the bat change. Her attacks feel so much better.

What would be your preferred build for right-click?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
worst hero in the game by far is huskar

Huskar needs another remake. Maybe Scrap his inner vitality for another spell.

Ignite: Huskar sets him self ablaze, taking 25/50/75/100 Magic Damage a second, while gaining an additional 20/40/60/80 attack and movement speed.

10 second duration, 30 Second Cooldown, 150 mana cost. Effect can be purged.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Huskar needs another remake. Maybe Scrap his inner vitality for another spell.

Ignite: Huskar sets him self ablaze, taking 25/50/75/100 Magic Damage a second, while gaining an additional 20/40/60/80 attack and movement speed.

10 second duration, 30 Second Cooldown, 150 mana cost. Effect can be purged.

I honestly just want him to merge old and new berserker's blood, the hero is so shit that he needs that (and probably won't be OP). Just add something like 1/2/3/4 damage per stack of BB or 2/4/6/8 if that's too low.

hero's big weaknesses:
1) he's fragile (to physical damage)
2) he's slow as shit
3) he takes a lot of self damage
4) he is 100% completely countered by BKB
5) he has to be played as a core and requires some farm

The frog can stand to remove some of these, every hero needs some drawbacks obviously, but huskar has far too many. The damage on BB will go a long way towards allowing him to manfight other carries that have BKB (because currently, if the enemy carry picks up bkb, that's it, huskar does 0 damage to them and they will blow him up immediately).

The extra raw damage also increases his survivability as he will lifesteal more from the extra damage, provided he isn't CC'd.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I honestly just want him to merge old and new berserker's blood, the hero is so shit that he needs that (and probably won't be OP). Just add something like 1/2/3/4 damage per stack of BB or 2/4/6/8 if that's too low.

hero's big weaknesses:
1) he's fragile (to physical damage)
2) he's slow as shit
3) he takes a lot of self damage
4) he is 100% completely countered by BKB
5) he has to be played as a core and requires some farm

The frog can stand to remove some of these, every hero needs some drawbacks obviously, but huskar has far too many. The damage on BB will go a long way towards allowing him to manfight other carries that have BKB (because currently, if the enemy carry picks up bkb, that's it, huskar does 0 damage to them and they will blow him up immediately).

The extra raw damage also increases his survivability as he will lifesteal more from the extra damage, provided he isn't CC'd.
Here is a dumb idea, make use of the changes of the damage system and have Burning Spears do Spell Immunity Piecing Pure damage.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
What would be your preferred build for right-click?

Stick with orchid first, bkb if you absolutely must, but then it will change on the game. Maelstrom/Mjollnir is usually a solid starting point, deso is great if you need to kill a bristle or push buildings harder, and skadi is my favorite item so that too. Besides that just the normal stuff while making sure you get enough attack speed to utilize that bat.

Playing it you just want to utilize her blink to keep you safe while smacking the crap out of them, blowing your nukes if you get a good chance to.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Am I allowed to climb to the bottom of the well, then fall down?

No, you have to fall from the top.

I'll even volunteer to push you, just so you could hit your head a few times on the way down.

Hylian7

A guy on my team is about to pick morphling jungle.

I don't even

In before he waveforms on the cliff, then realize he is fucked as his attack range won't reach the creeps.

Yeah I'm also not a big fan of QoP. I think pubs have a hard time playing with her on my bracket, they always feed. Same for Windranger. In fact, the three "worst" heroes imo are all female... QoP, Lina and Windranger (sorry kvk ;_;).

Polygon article inc.
wink.gif

Huskar still bottom of the barrel like Anbokr said. Those three really aren't that bad.

I think AM is also weak, but I have yet to touch him in this patch, so I could suddenly be wrong.

At least you didn't day Pudge. He's even more of a beast in 6.82. That turn rate and Pure Damage Urn.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Why are folks hating on Huskar?

cuz he's shit

i mean im proud of you, you should be proud that ur huskar winrate is good, but that doesn't really have much to do with the overall balance of the hero. i.e. if I have 80% win 6 kda on invoker it doesn't mean invoker is necessarily OP nor does it mean I'm a good invoker player (but I am though, I can cast cold snap and forge spirits in the most clutch situations and my sunstrikes always hit when I have a centaur or LC on my team)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

He's one of my most winning-est heroes...although I haven't played him current patch.

Huskar is in the bottom 1/3rd in terms of win rate, with a 47.5% win rate. So he is not the most winning-est.

He really is just a horrible hero that is requires a lot of farm but is crap after 30 minutes.

Hylian7

He's one of my most winning-est heroes...although I haven't played him current patch.
Still has weaknesses, practically nullified by Ghost Scepter provided he already ulted, armor reduction wrecks him so badly, seeing as his damage output comes from being low health.

sixghost

Huskar is in the bottom 1/3rd in terms of win rate, with a 47.5% win rate. So he is not the most winning-est.

He really is just a horrible hero that is requires a lot of farm but is crap after 30 minutes.

He said it was among his most winning heroes. I don't think huskar needs much farm at all. He's either a mid that ganks/tps into ganks as much as possible, or a super annoying dual laner that fucks with the enemy carry as much as possible. I really like g.zzz's build where you go mek, armlet, helm, satantic since almost none of the components are too expensive early and you can almost always buy out before you trade kills. I don't think he's an every game type of hero, but if the other team is lacking any source of pure damage, or early physical nukes/-minus armor, you're going to be able to get things done early for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom