• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmshaposv

Amazing how some people can go from genuine "wp guys" to "xxx is fucking useless" in the space of one team fight. And then you have the AM with the lowest gpm in the game crying "nice feed just gg already" when we still have all T2 towers up.

had someone go from

"mlg invoker pro sunstrike" to "report invok nooooooob" in the span of one tower dive, where i tried to save the idiot.

That's nothing, yesterday me, Hupsel and Godelsmetric ran into a duo of the most irredeemable assholes I've met so far. At the start of the match my introductory 'hey team' was responded to with 'nice finally an english speaker and not a dirty mexican'. I thought ok casual racism thats not too out of the ordinary for the dota community lets just play this match. However, that was just the beginning. From there on they voiced their disapproval on everything by going 'cunt faggot this' and 'n***** that' over the mic. Thank the stars the opposing drow disconnected 3 minutes in and (after vigorous unpausing from our lovely couple) allowed us to bail without consequence on this scum.

Clearly, this is all the fault of inkls breaking his pc and not queueing with us. y r u doin this 2 us inkqls ;_;

Haunted

I used to just ignore rude people, now I mute and report. Team communication takes a hit, but that's worth my sanity. Simply not worth the hassle. Given the amount of "we have recently taken action against a player you reported" messages I get, I'm happy with the strategy.

G.ZZZ

Listening to Yung Lean 100% Winrate
9C89A9228C1A030DA0913D622642330EB01B32A9

Hylian7

had someone go from

"mlg invoker pro sunstrike" to "report invok nooooooob" in the span of one tower dive, where i tried to save the idiot.
I posted this match the other day, but I was playing Night Stalker the other day and the OD on my team bitched that NS was a "useless hero" despite me leading the kills for our team. But it was still "my fault", " always one retard on the team ."

Then on the Dotabuff our team's Io had more hero damage than OD.

Valve is responsible for a generation of racists.

New servers now!

Was in a game where each side accused the other of being dirty somethings.. turns out they were all just racist assholes.

Thatttttsss dottaa

Nymerio

I'm constantly alt-clicking all kinds of shit. Anyone who's played with me can attest to that.

Yeah, this is probably my all-time favourite ui feature. I love that they keep implementing new stuff to click.

Edit: Question: If you report someone for communication abuse, the worst that can happen is a chat ban, right? Or can they get low prio as well?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
lol yeah, I love that. I've actually started preemtively alt-clicking my cooldowns in some situations.
Yeah, I alt click spells a bunch, and make use of the out of mana message. Love that stuff.

I need to update my chat wheel, half the stuff I never use.

Hylian7

Valve is responsible for a generation of racists.

New servers now!

Was in a game where each side accused the other of being dirty somethings.. turns out they were all just racist assholes.

Thatttttsss dottaa

My favorite is where the other team was actually in the lead, then someone on their team calls "gg ff, team Peruvian" and starts spamming couriers. I know I've seen that happen a few times.

Voshond

Neo Member
Yeah, this is probably my all-time favourite ui feature. I love that they keep implementing new stuff to click.

Edit: Question: If you report someone for communication abuse, the worst that can happen is a chat ban, right? Or can they get low prio as well?
You can get into LPQ from reports, but I'm not sure if the type of report matters.

I feel like games are lasting way longer in this patch, even after the gold and XP bounty nerf.

Also, the new Bloodseeker and PL are literally cancer.

I would love it if they let you Alt-click buffs and debuffs to notify teammates of them.

Acinixys

Some of these Aghs upgrades from 4chan are funny

LD: Gets an extra bear
Dazzel: Applies Shallow Grave to the first friendly hero who drops below 400 HP
Jakiro: Aghs adds a 50% move and AS slow to his ult
Naix: Can infest enemy heros. Does 20% of their CURRENT health when he emerges
Wraith King: Ult now costs 0 mana, can be activated at any time

This fucking Synergy League game lol

COUNTER COUNTER THROWS

Interfectum

Last night I was in a match where I was shutting down Bloodseeker left and right. I think I killed him 5-6 times within the first 7 minutes (?) of the game. I thought okay the person playing this is either trolling his own team or just sucks at the game. About 10 minutes later the dude was getting double and triple kills like nobody's business. The rest of his team was awful but he almost managed to pull a comeback BY HIMSELF.

TL:DR- holy fuck new bloodseeker = god mode

Hylian7

Some of these Aghs upgrades from 4chan are funny

LD: Gets an extra bear
Dazzel: Applies Shallow Grave to the first friendly hero who drops below 400 HP
Jakiro: Aghs adds a 50% move and AS slow to his ult
Naix: Can infest enemy heros. Does 20% of their CURRENT health when he emerges
Wraith King: Ult now costs 0 mana, can be activated at any time

This fucking Synergy League game lol

COUNTER COUNTER THROWS
I stand by my Bounty Hunter Agha's idea.

- Tracks every hero in a 500 AoE around the original target upon cast.

That was something else. I thought MVP were looking good to win then they lose one big teamfight near FD base, mass buyback, lose another big team fight near their base and it's GG.

I can only handle Xyclopz in small doses...but having not heard him for at least a year, he was an entertaining change of pace.

Late game terroblade is a fucking load.

Snowdrift

I used to just ignore rude people, now I mute and report. Team communication takes a hit, but that's worth my sanity. Simply not worth the hassle. Given the amount of "we have recently taken action against a player you reported" messages I get, I'm happy with the strategy.

This has become my strategy as well. I get the "we have recently taken action against a player you reported" message almost every time I login now.

It still shocks me how vile people can be online.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think WK will ever get a 0 mana ult as a scepter upgrade(It would simply be too good). Now, what could be cool is if he could activate it manually and it was given an even better slow. Blink in, Use your Scepter ult on the other team, they are now swimming in molasses.

It looks like Icefrog is moving away from Scepter simply improving ults though, the description now read "Upgrades the ultimate, and some abilities, of certain heroes".

dmshaposv

U guys think that now doom cant disable passives, its only fair that when doom gets aghs he can disable wraith king ulti?

I mean would make doom a guaranteed wk counter. Sure diffusal is always an option but doom needs some redemption from the nerfs.

Also I found a solid new PL counter yesterday - bane. Just nightmare ur buddy pl has jumped on. Since he can only lance or is dumb enough to physical attack he will nightmare himself and his illu rape brigade will dissapper. Then just ult him.

inkls

Also I found a solid new PL counter yesterday - bane. Just nightmare ur buddy pl has jumped on. Since he can only lance or is dumb enough to physical attack he will nightmare himself and his illu rape brigade will dissapper. Then just ult him.

Or you can just micro an illusion to attack him instead?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MYM dropped their Dota Roster again. I wonder if they will try another team, maybe one of the two teams that is coming out the clusterfuck of Fnatic splitting, or something like Tinker.

Acinixys

Wisp is the worst offender when it comes to sexism. The thing is one giant ball. It gives the message that you are more powerful when you have a huge ball attached to you. To add additional insult, this sentient glowing testicle can spawn multiple smaller nuts and slap it against the enemy.

heh

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Not really a counter at all. Your nightmare solution is undone by:

1) Spear on a 7 second cd to break the nightmare
2) Illusion micro to eat the nightmare
3) Diffusal blade to break the nightmare
4) Just turning and killing you (the bane) for free

Wok

Last night I was in a match where I was shutting down Bloodseeker left and right. I think I killed him 5-6 times within the first 7 minutes (?) of the game. I thought okay the person playing this is either trolling his own team or just sucks at the game. About 10 minutes later the dude was getting double and triple kills like nobody's business. The rest of his team was awful but he almost managed to pull a comeback BY HIMSELF.

TL:DR- holy fuck new bloodseeker = god mode

This also happened with patch 6.81. I remember playing against Bloodseeker or PA mid, who were both really bad and getting harassed a lot, but somehow, they ganked well and were unkillable late game.

Ketch

I think storm spirit works well against the new pl. You'll need an orchid and a bkb and hopefully they give themselves away after the phase shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom