• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy1297

this patch broke BB :(

6gbYjPu.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bristle has been shitting on me quite often in my last few games.

One of the few heroes that actually wants to build Crimson Guard which can be bullshit if it's picked up early enough.

Hylian7

Woo! Knocked out two heroes from the All Hero Challenge today. Got Tusk in one try, and I even had to play him as support (lucky me though the lane was freefarm for the carry)

Also it didn't really hit me reading the patch notes, but I didn't realize that Ice Shards is straight up targetable. Not only does it not stop on heroes, but it stops where you click, so you can place it for blocking off exits, and not screwing over your teammates.

I kind of think that little buff might be what makes Tusk start getting picked more often in competitive.

One of the few heroes that actually wants to build Crimson Guard which can be bullshit if it's picked up early enough.

Yea he's not bad, just really situational. I randomed him the other day and did very well--ended up losing anyway but he was hardly a bad hero.

sandy1297

How do you even manage a 1-10 as Spectre?

I thought I was still playing BB and go dive tower :D
jk, it was just a bad game where mid Invoker was fed as hell and start killing everybody 10 minutes in

yea, I feel he's still crazy strong early-mid game, just feel off really badly in late game and this patch is all about late game

sixghost

I really don't like the new Tusk. The changes are probably nice for the way he's used in pro games, but I think he's way worse off than he was 3 or 4 patches ago.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
His skill ceiling went way up with the recent changes (snowball, shards), but he's not nearly as overwhelming as ES is when played at a baseline level. I think he is better overall though.

I don't think Ice knows precisely what he wants to do with Tusk, whether he's supposed to be an initiator, a ganker or a semi-carry. He just kind of meanders in all 3 of those roles.

sixghost

His skill ceiling went way up with the recent changes (snowball, shards), but he's not nearly as overwhelming as ES is when played at a baseline level. I think he is better overall though.

I don't think Ice knows precisely what he wants to do with Tusk, whether he's supposed to be an initiator, a ganker or a semi-carry. He just kind of meanders in all 3 of those roles.

I think a new ult would help. It doesn't really make any sense with the way he's played now. They should just go all the way with the snowball save thing and allow him to target allied units.

Wok

Woo! Knocked out two heroes from the All Hero Challenge today. Got Tusk in one try, and I even had to play him as support (lucky me though the lane was freefarm for the carry)

Most heroes can be knocked out in one try, except broken heroes like Gyrocopter and Bristleback. Axe can be tedious as well if you solo-queue.

Ketch

227 for 227! WOOO I beat dota! Forced 50....
only takes 2 years

How did you finally beat gyro game wok?

forced%2050.png

Wok

227 for 227! WOOO I beat dota! Forced 50....
only takes 2 years

How did you finally beat gyro game wok?

I played support gyro. I cannot carry with him since I get focused in teamfights and usually end up dying (after casting my spells) so the right-clicks cannot be used decisively.

Madouu

I really don't like the new Tusk. The changes are probably nice for the way he's used in pro games, but I think he's way worse off than he was 3 or 4 patches ago.

The snowball change is pretty big and this version of shards is much better in my opinion. I don't like the ult at all though, maybe make it like pandamonium ult in hon (melee+physical bane ult without the mana drain) but that might make the hero a bit too strong.

Quesa

Dildo's dumb character changes vol 2.: Tusk's ulti now starts at base dmg +100 and gains 40/60/80 more damage every time you land it on a hero

What's the correct way to build Spectre? What do you build after Phase Boots?

There's a ton of viable builds, depending on what you want to do.

Urn if you want to fight immediately once you have haunt, diffusal if it fits the situation and you need the slow, radiance if you can go late, and manta is always a value pickup since the illusions get desolate so you can solo-kill anyone that's farming the jungle if you spot them with haunt.

For the last couple of games I've played with her I've gone phase boots -> urn (poor man's shield if I need it in lane, and a stick if it's value) and immediately start trying to clean up with haunt. It's surprising how many kills you can get with offensive urn charges. If my team needs me to I'll get drums, but otherwise I go straight for radiance to help me farm and make my haunts stronger. Then I get heart and manta, and the order depends on whether I need HP or damage first.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

He was starting to see play as a support initiator.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think a new ult would help. It doesn't really make any sense with the way he's played now. They should just go all the way with the snowball save thing and allow him to target allied units.

There is no way they are giving him a new ulti when Walrus Punch has like 5 billion lines for it and its one o the coolest ultis in the game. They will try and retool it but Tusk will be punching people in some fashion

Haunted

My All-Hero Challenge went pretty nicely for a week or so until I hit a roadblock with Chen (Hero no.15 I think).

It's not that I've lost a ton of games with him, I just haven't mustered the motivation to play him. >_>

Nymerio

URN!

then drums :D

Yeah, Urn in general seems like an item I build way too seldom. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

There's a ton of viable builds, depending on what you want to do.

Urn if you want to fight immediately once you have haunt, diffusal if it fits the situation and you need the slow, radiance if you can go late, and manta is always a value pickup since the illusions get desolate so you can solo-kill anyone that's farming the jungle if you spot them with haunt.

For the last couple of games I've played with her I've gone phase boots -> urn (poor man's shield if I need it in lane, and a stick if it's value) and immediately start trying to clean up with haunt. It's surprising how many kills you can get with offensive urn charges. If my team needs me to I'll get drums, but otherwise I go straight for radiance to help me farm and make my haunts stronger. Then I get heart and manta, and the order depends on whether I need HP or damage first.

Yep, I usually start with stout and build that into a PMS. I usually don't build urn but I'll fix that in the future. I normally build Diffusal before Radiance, but I think I'm too set on that and may have to skip in favour of something that may make more sense depending on the heroes against me.

Wok

So annoying to lose against these kinds of crappy line-ups because we have two leavers and have to fight 3 vs 5.

Yeah, Urn in general seems like an item I build way too seldom. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Yep, I usually start with stout and build that into a PMS. I usually don't build urn but I'll fix that in the future. I normally build Diffusal before Radiance, but I think I'm too set on that and may have to skip in favour of something that may make more sense depending on the heroes against me.

Unless you have something you need to do with purges, I don't feel like diffusal blade is a value pickup for Spectre, though if others build it on her consistently I'd really like to hear about it. She doesn't really have any problems chasing, because of her spectral dagger and also the movement speed you'll get from manta + phase boots or drums, and the burn from radiance or the ticks from urn. Plus, manta and radiance are both way better pushing/farming/fighting items, especially for their cost.

Basically, I can't really think of too many situations where I'd get a diffusal blade over manta or radiance as my first big item, or situations where I'd get a diffusal blade over a heart or butterfly as my second big item.

TEAM ORANGE IS BACK

4 Titan players (Ohaiyo, Kyxy, Xtinct, Net) left the organization as well to join up with fellow Malaysian player Mushi. The new Team Malaysia will be making their debut appearance in the World Cyber Arena match against Alliance tomorrow.

Well Team Malaysia. BUT I'M HYPED.

Red UFO

The worst part of this patch is no matter how many kills you get and how few times you die, if your team mates die too many times, it's just impossible to win. I know that was always a factor before, but now it feels greater than ever. All of your cores need to be doing well, or at least 2 need to be doing very well.

G.ZZZ

What is a booster?

New accounts who buy booster to get fast levels, then play only Zeus or other snowbally mids to get the higher possibly MMR after calibration. Basically, 4k shitters that think they should be 5k and ruin other ppl games. I srsly get a TBD every game jesus.

Acinixys

New accounts who buy booster to get fast levels, then play only Zeus or other snowbally mids to get the higher possibly MMR after calibration. Basically, 4k shitters that think they should be 5k and ruin other ppl games. I srsly get a TBD every game jesus.

This is why ranked is bad

Just play casual AP and have fun man. Grinding MMR will only make you more unhappy

I learnt this from watching the movie The Quest for 4k: Hylians Struggle

Interfectum

I think I got knocked back into a bad MMR or something. The last three games I played no one bought wards and even the courier didn't get upgraded until minute 20+. Whenever I kindly suggested we get some stuff going on that front support would tell me to STFU and I have money so I can do it.

It goes without saying I lost three games in a row.

Wok

I think I got knocked back into a bad MMR or something. The last three games I played no one bought wards and even the courier didn't get upgraded until minute 20+. Whenever I kindly suggested we get some stuff going on that front support would tell me to STFU and I have money so I can do it.

It goes without saying I lost three games in a row.

These days, I buy wards and I let people buy the courier and the upgrade, especially if they are being rude. If I buy the courier, maybe nobody would feel the need to buy wards, and I usually prefer wards compared to the courier.

Anyway, people usually do not buy wards or the courier, but this is so pointless: if you need it, buy it.

Haunted

Supports not buying courier or wards means they're generally overestimating the impact their Aghs will have on the game.

Sometimes, everyone wants to be the game-deciding hero. Literally. >_>

Generally, having courier and wards is better than not having them, so buy them if no one else is, even if you're mid/carry.

Nymerio

Unless you have something you need to do with purges, I don't feel like diffusal blade is a value pickup for Spectre, though if others build it on her consistently I'd really like to hear about it. She doesn't really have any problems chasing, because of her spectral dagger and also the movement speed you'll get from manta + phase boots or drums, and the burn from radiance or the ticks from urn. Plus, manta and radiance are both way better pushing/farming/fighting items, especially for their cost.

Basically, I can't really think of too many situations where I'd get a diffusal blade over manta or radiance as my first big item, or situations where I'd get a diffusal blade over a heart or butterfly as my second big item.

I think people mostly build Diffusal on her for the mana burn from the illusions. Not sure if it is worth it with how long her illusions are around.

manfestival

I tried the all hero challenge for the first time and my first one was silencer. I played him once when I had no idea how to play him. Last night I ended up doing great and won. I guess dude is easy to play but hes spammy. I played shadow demon for the first time and did good but my team lost that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom