• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

4k players are the worst

x1000

The amount of shitheadness and megafeed from 4k players is retarded. It's honestly the worst bracket you can play in. Over 5k people still are retarded but at least it's rare to see people just stubbornly feeding in lane over and over again and they have the two neurons required to see that rotating can be a better option that giving free gold/xp to the enemy. Below 4k everyone just feed and you just need to farm better than your enemy cause jungle ganks are basically non-existent. Games with my 3k mates are so relaxing, pick a carry, farm 15 min, kill everyone on the map. 4k are like games where you can't farm because the enemy will press for an advantage but your teammates will still refuse to play safe and feed. Jesus lord. And they are by far the fastest to give up. 3k never give up as fast as those shitters 4k do. You give a kill "gg, we picked wrong, he built wrong item, you're all retarded gg".

The schedule provided by WCA for their ~$472,000 USD tournament makes no fucking sense.
crazy.gif

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/world-cyber-arena-2014-dota-2-schedule/1100-2244/

I swear alchemist radiance is the worst, I don't think I've ever seen it win. It's on a par with linkens dusa for just having so much gold do so little. That hero seems to need so many things, this plan to run at people with 295 MS and burn them to death with my 2 armour and 1k Hp is not going to do it.

Hylian7

x1000

The amount of shitheadness and megafeed from 4k players is retarded. It's honestly the worst bracket you can play in. Over 5k people still are retarded but at least it's rare to see people just stubbornly feeding in lane over and over again and they have the two neurons required to see that rotating can be a better option that giving free gold/xp to the enemy. Below 4k everyone just feed and you just need to farm better than your enemy cause jungle ganks are basically non-existent. Games with my 3k mates are so relaxing, pick a carry, farm 15 min, kill everyone on the map. 4k are like games where you can't farm because the enemy will press for an advantage but your teammates will still refuse to play safe and feed. Jesus lord. And they are by far the fastest to give up. 3k never give up as fast as those shitters 4k do. You give a kill "gg, we picked wrong, he built wrong item, you're all retarded gg".
You're both wrong. I'm not sure where this " my bracket that is higher than a bunch of other brackets is the worst " mentality comes from. Sure, you get idiot teammates sometimes, and it happens in every bracket. Not sure what makes 4k particularly bad.

Even if both teams have "retards" relative to their bracket with them, a team of 4k will beat a team of 1k with 90% certainty. Even if all the 4k players make dumb decisions, chances are they will still win as they in general are more skilled and experienced.

Mohasus

The lowest mmr on the team is always the guy that talks the most and complains about everything. Even his mistakes are actually other people's fault. Usually asks for mid or carry too.

4k might have the valley of the trolls problem:

S1XTv8a.jpg

i.e. I know enough about the game to exhaustively document everyone else's mistakes but not enough to know I'm just as bad.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
While that is partially accurate (attitude of many 4ks) the skill part of that is inaccurate. The angry raging 4k that makes mistakes will still beat the 1k. There is no disputing that.

? Skill is on the x-axis. So the graph is saying that the guys in the middle (in our case ~4k players) are more skilled but their attitude/behavior (y-axis) is poorer compared to newer players (in this case, the 1k players).

Hylian7

? Skill is on the x axis. So the graph is saying that the guys in the middle (in our case ~4k players) are more skilled but their attitude/behavior (y axis) is poorer compared to newer players (in this case, the 1k players).
Yeah, I realized I misread it after I posted it.

Ketch

road to 3k starts now

edit: Won my first match on the road to glory. up to 2500mmr now.

I think 2.5k is where everybody just picks carry a hopes for the best.

Madouu

Games with 3k are relaxing because most of the time you can do whatever you want and still win.

Same goes for a 3k player that plays in 2k bracket, etc. It's all relative.

Haunted

S1XTv8a.jpg

i.e. I know enough about the game to exhaustively document everyone else's mistakes but not enough to know I'm just as bad.
Surprisingly accurate.

Of course, the median skill in the middle is not 4k, but 2 - 2.5k.
x1000

I read that all the time from people in 2.3k.

Though "skilled enough to be overly concerned with everyone else's plays and builds except themselves" does ring true as well. Looking at you, Hylian.

zyori and blaze are duo casting starladder....what the fuck...

I just skip watching starladder half the time now because it's always them duo casting it. It's just so odd seeing the main caster give up before the players do in a match and I wish Zyori would also try to stop sounding like LD.

In fact, that's kind of what it feels like a lot of times, casters trying to mimic the bigger guys but it just comes off as weird most of the time and super fake.

sixghost

http://i.imgur.com/S1XTv8a.jpg[/IG]

i.e. I know enough about the game to exhaustively document everyone else's mistakes but not enough to know I'm just as bad.[/QUOTE]
From watching pros stream on twitch, 5-6k is just as bad as 4k. There are jerks and know-it-alls in every bracket.

Surprisingly accurate.

Of course, the median skill in the middle is not 4k, but 2 - 2.5k.

Yeah could be. I have some fond memories of my absolute beginner level games and the "I don't know what I'm doing let's be friends" thing. But yeah that didn't last all that long.

I remember Juice singling out the 4k bracket when he was doing his mmr experiment as being the place where "everyone seems a bit fed up with dota" so maybe it's a separate phenomenon.

Yeah could be. I have some fond memories of my absolute beginner level games and the "I don't know what I'm doing let's be friends" thing. But yeah that didn't last all that long.

I remember Juice singling out the 4k bracket when he was doing his mmr experiment as being the place where "everyone seems a bit fed up with dota" so maybe it's a separate phenomenon.

I wouldn't call it "fed up", I think a lot of people at that point kind of forget why they started playing Dota in the first place and start seeing it as a job.

I know I reached that point twice and took a break each time.

BeesEight

I remember my first games too. Those were pretty amazing barring the rare smurf. Too bad it is followed almost immediately by one of the worst brackets.

Ketch

Have there been any good pro matches in the last week or so? I keep checking dotacinema/vods but it seems like it's not getting updated.

S1XTv8a.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugXC7g3p0JU

and it shouldn't take a pro to know these basics. The problem is that 2 out of 3 Dota players are fucking sociopaths who seem to derive their personal sense of self-worth based on their winning and losing in a video game.

Big Dog

Wow. That was a really well done hype video....

I may actually buy the compendium and some chests now. Feel like I don't support events enough as I just watch everything on Twitch for the sake of simplicity.

F!ReW!Re

Anyone got experience with selling a full inventory?
(Real money would be ideal, keys 2nd best)

I'm leaving for a multi-year backpacking trip through China, North+South Korea, Tibet, Nepal, Southeast Asia and Australia. So I won't be playing a lot of dota and am looking to sell my full inventory.

Any tips, tricks, links, experiences, advice?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom