• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

Sanjay? Sanjay!?

Sanjay what's going on!?!?

UXVi9QV.png

The Next Mariah Carey.

sephi22

Techies is not real. Valve is controlled by shadow companies and politicians and Techies is an artificial construct created by Obama and Putin to control the Dota 2 population. Dota 2 is dead. We are doomed to forever face Faceless Voids, Razors and Skywrath Mages till we become clinically depressed and kill ourselves.

The deaths of large number of americans and russians due to this will allow Obama and Putin to jointly launch a war on games, and all games except CS:GO will be outlawed, and the gaming masses will play CS:GO to get trained in killing people and will be enlisted in USA and Russia's child armies to ensure domination of the rest of the world. Wake up sheeple!

Kade

I read on Reddit.com that they are delaying Techies until October to avoid controversy because September is the month September 11 happened.

Ketch

wow the front page on reddit is a shit show.

I've never used that site... and here's what really surprised me about it:
made you look

shira

riot said:
the World Championship will be on the road this year with group stages being played out in Singapore and Taipei, Taiwan in September before moving on to Busan, South Korea for the quarter-finals in October. The semifinals and grand final will be held on October 19, 2014 in Seoul, South Korea at Sangam Stadium, perhaps best known for being one of the venues of the 2002 FIFA World Cup.

Man how could a western fan afford to watch the LOL finals. You would need like $3000 in plane tickets and a 1-2 months worth of hotels

kvk1

The polish footballer? what does he have to do with this?

He's the new hero the patch got delayed for.

There was a big uproar from American fans saying a soccer player shouldn't be in the game. So they're trying to frantically rework him now. That's why Icefrog has been patching the beta client like a madman.

Also, Reddit says that the patch was supposed to come out yesterday, but Valve didn't want to offend Brits because on September 3rd, 1189 Richard I of England was crowned at Westminster, and there was a guy named Techies at the ceremony, so they had to hold off.

I don't know, that's just what I heard.

Hylian7

I thought people couldn't take items out of the courier.
In test they can't take unsharable items. It isn't in main client yet.

For good reason too, as there is literally no reason other than griefing to be able to do that. If the courier is full of shit you can press E to put it all in their respective stashes. My blood still boils thinking of the match where the WR on my team stole my boots because he didn't get to go mid despite picking after I did, and it was a ranked game.

Hylian7

For those that have tried test client, does it work if the item's owner drags the item from the courier to someone else? For instance say NP is at T3, courier is about to pass him with your item, can you just drag the item onto NP so he can bring it to you?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Wait so nobody actually knows who Walter JS Winkler is? What is this, some sort of ARG thing or something?

inkls

Anyone would be up to practice drafting? I won't be able to play dota 2 for a while but I'd like to improve my drafting so if anyone is interested in drafting vs me either through dota2drafts or through private messages that would be nice.

At least Valve weren't this stupid

?
I get that its a Micheal Bay movie, but whats the relation with Valve?

I'm just going to start instapicking Void because I'm tired of losing.

What about splitpushing heroes?

Wait so nobody actually knows who Walter JS Winkler is? What is this, some sort of ARG thing or something?

Seriously tho, who is he?

Chris R

Abuse Rosh. Rosh isn't prioritized much in pubs, and it's a big part of the dire advantage. So play lots of Lycan and Ursa wen Dire.

The worst thing is when people pick Ursa and go jungle but still don't get the levels/items needed to rosh before 20 mins :(

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I get that its a Micheal Bay movie, but whats the relation with Valve?

People were (trollingly) saying Techies were being held back because of 9/11

That poster is the turtles jumping from an exploding building and it says September 11 on it.

Either pick void or someone who can punish him bad without a BKB.

Love playing Kunkka when faceless grabs his teammates in the sphere.

Late response but I got avatar quoted for the first time and it wasn't even in a Pavement thread. That's pretty neat.

Why doesn't Hatoful Boyfriend have a dota courier for a bonus? I could have my bird husbando bring me my items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom