• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
hush.gif

GOD JUST RELEASE THE PATCH ALREADY!

I can't even play right now, I just want to be able to read about it and know it actually happened.

domstah

There was a great thread on the Reddits about a dude who had raised his solo MMR by 1.6k in three months (http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2fbkvk/how_i_left_the_3k_mmr_level_on_the_7th_of_june_i/) :

His main pointers were:
1) play a off-lane carry or a semi/support role depending on who your team picks - don't go for hard carries or mids.
2) only play from a group of heroes you feel comfortable with
3) counterpick
4) communicate "just enough" with your teammates (if you can) - don't rage on mike or chat, and don't talk too much either (push to talk MFers!)

Any way there is some good info in the comments too, I found it a really helpful thread especially some of the communication advice. Manged to prevent a team from titling last night using some of it - and secure that Dubya!

Madouu

Anyone would be up to practice drafting? I won't be able to play dota 2 for a while but I'd like to improve my drafting so if anyone is interested in drafting vs me either through dota2drafts or through private messages that would be nice.

challenge accepted

Zeth

There was a great thread on the Reddits about a dude who had raised his solo MMR by 1.6k in three months (http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2fbkvk/how_i_left_the_3k_mmr_level_on_the_7th_of_june_i/) :

His main pointers were:
1) play a off-lane carry or a semi/support role depending on who your team picks - don't go for hard carries or mids.
2) only play from a group of heroes you feel comfortable with
3) counterpick
4) communicate "just enough" with your teammates (if you can) - don't rage on mike or chat, and don't talk too much either (push to talk MFers!)

Any way there is some good info in the comments too, I found it a really helpful thread especially some of the communication advice. Manged to prevent a team from titling last night using some of it - and secure that Dubya!

The communication tips should be common knowledge at this point. Outside of gameplay and picks, it's probably the biggest advantage you can give your team. People are way to fucking quick to dogpile on for any misplays, and gg. Just not contributing to team morale is more effective than anything. I blame it on angsty teenagers honestly.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Why are people excited about games being ruined by Techies? I hope he has lower WR than ES and IO.

I played three games in the test client. Techies didn't seem to change the matches any more than Pudge or Mirana would. You have to adjust a little, but it's not some kind of huge game changer people seem to want it to be.

DarkKyo

Why are people excited about games being ruined by Techies? I hope he has lower WR than ES and IO.

I think people are excited because this is the most substantial update they've had in over half a year. Personally I don't care about Techies, but any change is refreshing at this point.

Hylian7

I played three games in the test client. Techies didn't seem to change the matches any more than Pudge or Mirana would. You have to adjust a little, but it's not some kind of huge game changer people seem to want it to be.
I never expected him to be, I'm just saying his win rates won't be garbage because pubs are stupid.

Because the new sub ability opens the door wide open for crazy mind games.

Imagine this. Straight at the beginning, go near mid where the rune is. Put down the "beware, mine" sign, and actually put a few mines, enough to kill someone.

Even if the guy is smart enough to out a sentry down, he's going to freak out every single time he will see one of those signs for the rest of the game. And will either avoid the spot like the plague, or put a sentry down possibly for nothing, but he just wont be able to ignore it.

Acinixys

Because the new sub ability opens the door wide open for crazy mind games.

Imagine this. Straight at the beginning, go near mid where the rune is. Put down the "beware, mine" sign, and actually put a few mines, enough to kill someone.

Even if the guy is smart enough to out a sentry down, he's going to freak out every single time he will see one of those signs for the rest of the game. And will either avoid the spot like the plague, or put a sentry down possibly for nothing, but he just wont be able to ignore it.

Reddit is going to go BERSERK when they've had a month of that sign

I expect it either removed or changed

BigAT

Hurry up guys! It's your last chance to make foolish posts that we can look back at and laugh when seeing how excited people were for a patch that brought Techies and A-Z challenge.

Kioshen

Anyone would be up to practice drafting? I won't be able to play dota 2 for a while but I'd like to improve my drafting so if anyone is interested in drafting vs me either through dota2drafts or through private messages that would be nice.

I can't play much Dota for now so might as well try it too if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom