• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
what happened to the navi fnatic game? I thought it started but it says its coming up next?

Also weren't they playing MyM?

its a mess

Its supposed to be fanatic but they had like 5 standins (which started the mess) excalibur and a couple others were in lobby at one point but guess either NaVi or admins said no. After the roster mess the server arguments started as NaVi are in NY for esl...now the possible ddos.....???

It says MyM cause i guess theres not a banner between all the standins

TheCrow

I think MYM disbanded and was absorbed by fnatic after trixi left to start 4 anchors. I guess fnatics new roster isn't finalized yet so they don't have organized tags.

Chris R

lWcoSXm.png

I feel accomplished now.

Do tinker now

LOL mynatic called forfeit gg after all that.

That puts NaVi in starladder so against Team Secret the match is going to be really just for fun as their both already in. Hope its good with some offshoot picks

eznark

Banned
I'll probably be proven wrong immediately, but it really feels like pro dota is on its dying breath.

Edit: no hype with teams, hardly any new blood to really take it by storm.

"I'll probably be proven wrong immediately but I am going to make myself look like a shitheel anyway"

I'll probably be proven wrong immediately, but it really feels like pro dota is on its dying breath.

Edit: no hype with teams, hardly any new blood to really take it by storm.

didnt you say this last year almost word for word

I don't mind looking like a fool to expose some truths.

Fnatic is tier 2 now. How's Na'Vi doing as well?

Same old casters.

Feels like SC2 all over.
now?

didnt you say this last year almost word for word

now?

Show me the receipts.

I too can make things up.

Edit: the way people reacted to me saying Fnatic had to change up their roster before the international made it seem people thought they were good.

Edit edit: if they were tier 2 before, surely that means the new teams the players have gone to shouldn't really be considered that good.

ipso facto dead competitive game.

TheCrow

Show me the receipts.

Edit: the way people reacted to me saying Fnatic to change up their roster before the international made it seem people thought they were good.

Considering they had an invite why would they risk losing it only to test out a new unproven team before the biggest tournament of the year.

Edit: Teams can be tier 2 but it doesn't mean the players are. Thats not how teams work. I'm sure Mason had tons of offers from teams since he was a tier 1 player, right?

Razzer

Show me the receipts.

Edit: the way people reacted to me saying Fnatic to change up their roster before the international made it seem people thought they were good.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I was arguing Fnatic woudn't disband before TI simply because they had been together for like 3 years at that point, and seemed inseparable. Then the Era stuff happened.

I was saying stuff before the Era thing popped up.

I was led to believe Era was good. I was hounded out of this thread. But I was completely right.

Guys, tell me of the new up and coming players in the western scene for me to look out for.

sixghost

ffVPDlu.png

Finally I had a good windrunner game. Clock abandoned, I was buying and selling items like crazy, ember was getting picked off by blink and shadowblade, I bought a rapier at one point, threw it in the fountain, then we won a base race by like 1000 hp.

What a game.

rezuth

It is meant to be used agaisnt heroes that can't control their damage output like DP and razor.

I get that but I've yet to see that build ever work as well and people just seem to go it randomly when it does not even make sense. All it seems to do is make them unable to push and essentially means you are one person down.

sixghost

I get that but I've yet to see that build ever work as well and people just seem to go it randomly when it does not even make sense. All it seems to do is make them unable to push and essentially means you are one person down.

The idea is that the null talismans are very cost effective damage and health, and so is blademail. If you do it right you are constantly TPing into early ganks or fights and the blademail either makes them ignore you while you pop them for 100+ damage an attack, or they attack you and take damage from the blademail. I haven't watched much pro dota lately but it seemed to work well enough 3 or 4 weeks ago when it was newer.

FACE

Banned
According to Dotabuff, I'm better than 72% of the people that play Lich. Probably because I occasionally remember that you can cancel tps/channeling abilities with chain frost.

Razzer

The idea is that the null talismans are very cost effective damage and health, and so is blademail. If you do it right you are constantly TPing into early ganks or fights and the blademail either makes them ignore you while you pop them for 100+ damage an attack, or they attack you and take damage from the blademail. I haven't watched much pro dota lately but it seemed to work well enough 3 or 4 weeks ago when it was newer.

Also, it was a build developed during 6.81. It counters two of the most popular mids of the time and allows NP to win your team's lanes, which could be very important against the deathball. I think the build is less effective in this meta, though still viable.

G.ZZZ

Jeez, Dagon Ethblade was a different thing i tried cause going meka shiva heart still make you an immovable brick that do little to nothing in teamfights. I've found aghs too situational too. So i tried dagon-ethblade for a couple of games just to maximize the snowball potential and end the game before lategame anyway, but those games i couldn't win were the ones where we basically refused to push until PA had 2 divine rapiers.

Also SnY has an higher winrate than heart on this hero like wat.

JC Sera

Finally I had a good windrunner game. Clock abandoned, I was buying and selling items like crazy, ember was getting picked off by blink and shadowblade, I bought a rapier at one point, threw it in the fountain, then we won a base race by like 1000 hp.

What a game.
Huzzah! That sounds amazing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom