• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompidu

Pro's need to pick zeus, he's one of my fav's. His ulti can really disrupt teamfights. What needs to change to make him viable?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Pro's need to pick zeus, he's one of my fav's. His ulti can really disrupt teamfights. What needs to change to make him viable?

Magic damage needs to not drop off and/or he needs some kind of mobility. The latter is more likely to happen

Then again, I thought having a free dewarder would be enough. Maybe the meta just hasn't shifted enough yet

The Technomancer

Oddly enough I've seen an upward swing in LC picks. Always on my team. Always bad. For some reason people love jungle LC these days, which blows my mind because they did nothing to improve that aspect of the hero, and jungle LC always falls behind unless they moonwalk into you at the 7 minute mark with less than 100 HP a few times.

Christ, why would you do that? Jungle Legion is basically impossible now with those nerfs

Ketch

The hero ain't bad in the lane per se, but she'll hardly be a factor in the game after laning if you don't go mid . She need to be ahead in levels/farm to have an impact.

So much this. I've been really disappointed that nobodies running her mid in pro games. I guess there's probably better choices for a mid hero but I think she'd at least beat brew.

You need some early levels and a blink to shit on supports with a lvl 1 duel.

Magic damage needs to not drop off and/or he needs some kind of mobility. The latter is more likely to happen

Then again, I thought having a free dewarder would be enough. Maybe the meta just hasn't shifted enough yet

people get blink on him more often than not nowadays

and along with more veil pickups he falls off less hard

also that change to late game bkbs could make him much more effective but i havent had a super late game zeus in 6.82 so who knows

The Technomancer

people get blink on him more often than not nowadays

and along with more veil pickups he falls off less hard

also that change to late game bkbs could make him much more effective but i havent had a super late game zeus in 6.82 so who knows

I mean, Super Late Game Zeus can be fucking awesome I know. Back in I think 6.80 I had a fantastic game where I managed to build Aghs, Refresher, Bloodstone and ended the game with like 3.2k health

Demoli

Zeus is one of the few nukers that scale increadibly well due to his passive. And refresher Aghs is still brutal no matter the line up.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

682vs681duration.png

682vs681gpm.png

Interesting tables. Game length definitely went up, for better or worse. And xp/gpm differential didn't really change much from 6.82 to 6.82b.

I am headed off to NYC for ESL One about nowish. I am finding that details are sparse regarding the tournament. Does anyone know when the doors open (I thought I saw in some random AMA or something that it was 10 AM) and what the actual match schedule is?

inkls

Still no vanguard even with the addition of the crimson guard upgrade and the nerf to mek on low int heroes? I dunno

Stop blaming your teammates. Occasionally they'll play like they're on a touchpad upside-down, but you will never get better if you don't focus on your own mistakes and attempt to minimize them. Control the factors you can control (applies to real life, too).

This is really funny to me. Yesterday I was spectating two friends (I use the term losely, its more friends of friends) who I know are notoriously racist and tend to blame their team and/or mexicans/peruvians. They didn't type anything in allchat but the 3 other members of their team did and all they said was variations of "these mexicans on this team, so bad". Even the two players blamed mexicans after the game.

Which baffled me a bit. Everyone on their team was blaming mexicans on their team, so where were they? Its amazing how people can be disconnected from reality.

Hylian7

Still no vanguard even with the addition of the crimson guard upgrade and the nerf to mek on low int heroes? I dunno

This is really funny to me. Yesterday I was spectating two friends (I use the term losely, its more friends of friends) who I know are notoriously racist and tend to blame their team and/or mexicans/peruvians. They didn't type anything in allchat but the 3 other members of their team did and all they said was variations of "these mexicans on this team, so bad". Even the two players blamed mexicans after the game.

Which baffled me a bit. Everyone on their team was blaming mexicans on their team, so where were they? Its amazing how people can be disconnected from reality.
You are Peruvamexican, I am Peruvamexican. We are all Peruvamexican. Join us.

In regards to that whole thing, yeah, I agree with it, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating to lose a 50-60 minute game because of a dumbass teammate.

pompidu

His mobility is ass and can sometimes be a liability. Not asking for an escape, but a bit more movement speed. His attack animation is ass and could use more range.

kvk1

I just don't see myself reaching a level of play, ever, where I won't make at least 1-2 crucial mistakes which affect the outcome of the game on some level by the time the throne falls.

So the ability to blame somebody else will always remain a luxury.

Unless I have a Canadian on my team.

In which case I will incessantly blame them.

Because they're too Canadian to do anything about it.

inkls

I just don't see myself reaching a level of play, ever, where I won't make at least 1-2 crucial mistakes which affect the outcome of the game on some level by the time the throne falls.

We all make mistakes, that's why you can watch replays and spot them to ensure you don't repeat them. git gud nerd
sorry

Hey man...

He means me

Hylian7

Technically nobody can reach that level as one team has to lose every game.

The worst games are the ones that are completely out of your hands for the most part, for instance being Earth Spirit at 45 minutes when your carries are doing jack shit.

BeesEight

We should make an all Canadian team. Then apologize at the start of every match.

Edit: I think LD is having a meltdown on his stream.

Anno

Nice, KPG made it through Euro qualifiers for the Summit round-robin. Hopefully more rares to be won in their games.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
How does one combat the standing around that seems to occur in my Rutabaga tier? I was trying to gain some mmr so I went offlane Silencer but my carries followed any victory or advantage by standing there, or moving around in a small circle. Like not even farming, let alone pushing. It was like the river was made of lava. I couldn't really take the initiative myself since I'd just get killed on my own. We only won because the other team stood around more. The worst part was just how boring it was. What do.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
How does one combat the standing around that seems to occur in my Rutabaga tier? I was trying to gain some mmr so I went offlane Silencer but my carries followed any victory or advantage by standing there, or moving around in a small circle. Like not even farming, let alone pushing. It was like the river was made of lava. I couldn't really take the initiative myself since I'd just get killed on my own. We only won because the other team stood around more. The worst part was just how boring it was. What do.

ah, the dance of the tards

sixghost

Carry a TP and go push another lane. If something happens TP in, if not just kill a tower.

Play carry yourself and ignore that shit. I fucking hate inefficient carries.

Pratfall

pick a farming carry, call safelane and farm. ignore all pleas from teammates to join fights.

G.ZZZ

Uninstall the game and this won't happen ever anymore.

Ketch

Has anyone ever seen a mid Techies be relevant?

The only relevant techies I've ever seen was wagamama streaming

Question for people in the know. Is there anything valve or tournament organizers can do about the crazy ddos bullshit? Has it been getting any better lately. I've basically given up on watching pro games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom