• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
is this costs a per GB or per push get?
Before it was both per GB of space and by million IO read/writes, the new ssd storage option is only billed by GB of space allotted. One pit fall is you are basically capped at the total amount of IO operations at ~7.8 Million per month per each GB of space allotted.

The old system is good if you don't mind the costs since it has a higher max io speed, but the new one looks like it should be a nice budget solution

So I laned against a Venomancer who spammed low level wards. 77 last hits at 10 mins ez gaem.

j1v2IkFtGc8HI_xs.jpg

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/956013178

Wok

So hard to win with Shadow Fiend: I tell people to pick another carry, but either they do and feed, never come gank mid but the other team does, or they think we already have a carry and take support and we arrive late game against PA+FV+AM and we lose.

d2Qnw9q.png

Even in the game which we won:
  • our last pick was a support (CM), and the Dire team could pick last, so the Dire team could have picked another carry instead of Necrophos (and if they had, we would have lost),
  • I had to buy the courier, the upgrade, and wards for the whole game,
  • we miss all the times the Dire goes to Roshan, although it is at obvious times,
  • I had to buy a rapier because we could not end fast enough and AM got fed, so we had to defend the throne. When I lose the rapier, WK picks the rapier and goes in a solo-push to feed it to Invoker top. WTH, why so many tries to throw a game?

heGLlbx.png

Literally, for the wards:

beH2Awf.png

Literally, for the courier as well:

JxA4LtP.png

Anyway, it feels good to beat a six-slotted AM who got a 15-min battlefury.

Before it was both per GB of space and by million IO read/writes, the new ssd storage option is only billed by GB of space allotted. One pit fall is you are basically capped at the total amount of IO operations at ~7.8 Million per month per each GB of space allotted.

The old system is good if you don't mind the costs since it has a higher max io speed, but the new one looks like it should be a nice budget solution

you are scraping that much data off the steam API?

So hard to win with Shadow Fiend: I tell people to pick another carry, but either they do and feed, never come gank mid but the other team does, or they think we already have a carry and take support and we arrive late game against PA+FV+AM and we lose.

d2Qnw9q.png

Even in the game which we won:
  • our last pick was a support (CM), and the Dire team could pick last, so the Dire team could have picked another carry instead of Necrophos (and if they had, we would have lost),
  • I had to buy the courier, the upgrade, and wards for the whole game,
  • we miss all the times the Dire goes to Roshan, although it is at obvious times,
  • I had to buy a rapier because we could not end fast enough and AM got fed, so we had to defend the throne. When I lose the rapier, WK picks the rapier and goes in a solo-push to feed it to Invoker top. WTH, why so many tries to throw a game?

heGLlbx.png

Literally, for the wards:

beH2Awf.png

Literally, for the courier as well:

JxA4LtP.png

Anyway, it feels good to beat a six-slotted AM who got a 15-min battlefury.

Good god that maiden is cancer.

It is weird how much more better this patch seems to be going for me.

I was hovering around 3900 and now I went without much difficulty to 4200. I must have had a winrate recently of 70% or so.

pompidu

Just had to abandon an ability draft match. Our team consisted of 4 supports and no carries. Other team had 4 carries and one support. 20Mins in and it became a shit show.

Arkanius

When will Valve fix the servers?
I can't remember the last time I played with a ping below 100ms in EU West
And I have a 100Mbit Fiber connection...

yep, as it turns out if teammates can avoid going a combined 6/72, my back is broad enough to carry. highest kill participation on the team regularly? check. heavy cs? check. outpush an NP and a Tinker? check.

just need a little help. not a lot; just a little.

Kalnos

Banned
That feel when you report 2 friends who are blaming everyone but themselves and you instantly get two 'action has been taken messages'. We won the game anyway.

Arkanius

Speaking of Shadow Fiend:

What should I consistently be doing with him?
Farm or Gank?

I feel that he is a freaking glass cannon, dies so easily. Every time I try to jump on someone he either escapes, or attacks me back and I die.

Should I start with my ultimate in every situation? (Shadow Blade to initiate?)

shira

Farm or Gank?

I feel that he is a freaking glass cannon, dies so easily. Every time I try to jump on someone he either escapes, or attacks me back and I die.

Mek, butterfly. Push towers - kill fools trying to stop you pushing towers.

ViviOggi

Silencer is such an asshole babby hero

Farm or Gank?

Lothars still sucks, get Treads into Blink into BKB (if necessary but it is most of the time). Ult only if you're absolutely certain it will go through, mainly in teamfights either with BKB, after disables have been used or if you have someone like a Tide or Mag to set it up. Otherwise you'll spend seconds just to look like a fool that could have been better spent autoattacking and razing.

If you're mid you'll want to gank when there's a good opportunity but don't lurk around pushed lanes for too long. If your laners don't open up ganks and you don't get haste/invis you'll help your team way more in the long run by keeping up the farm. Just make sure to always carry a TP to countergank. That's really just general mid advice.
Also remember that SF can flash farm (stacked) camps pretty well.

manfestival

I feel like watching the pro scene and keeping up to date with patches has ruined my dota 2 experience. I am so concerned about this new patch and the sway of the meta. When I mention things, the traditional players thinks im stupid for mentioning rubberband meta and talks about the buffs/nerfs

Check out our ramen scene.
I like reading Serious Eats (one of my goals is to go to the US (mostly out of morbid curiosity) and just eat my way around the country) but I don't think they're ever gonna do much with Australia. Oh well.

Also I still haven't tried out new SF. He still can't raze while turning, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom