• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

so i usually play with a school friend and well he rages quite a lot, so well he got muted for a while....

5iEEQSx.jpg

Big Dog

that's...a long time.

It's actually not as long as those ridiculous numbers say it is. I was muted for ~24 hours earlier this summer and the same thing happened to me with those millions of hours being shown until I could speak in game. My thought is that those are the seconds, not hours that you have left, but I haven't really done the calculation before. Unless he is some kind of repeat offender I would bet it is 24 or so hours. And that is 24 hours out of the game, not like the kind that only tics down from playing the game. It is an awful experience though. You can't even ping to your own team mates. You are absolutely mute.

so i usually play with a school friend and well he rages quite a lot, so well he got muted for a while....

44.781 years

It's actually not as long as those ridiculous numbers say it is. I was muted for ~24 hours earlier this summer and the same thing happened to me with those millions of hours being shown until I could speak in game. My thought is that those are the seconds, not hours that you have left, but I haven't really done the calculation before. Unless he is some kind of repeat offender I would bet it is 24 or so hours. And that is 24 hours out of the game, not like the kind that only tics down from playing the game. It is an awful experience though. You can't even ping to your own team mates. You are absolutely mute.

if its seconds it would be 109 hours

Acinixys

Axe good hero

what a difference 20% helix makes for that hero.

he's one of my top 5 favs and the helix buff makes him feel so strong out of the jungle now. vanguard + blink is coming 3-5 minutes earlier than before the buffs.

I think that jungling Axe is a massive waste of his potential

His skill set is so good in a lane situation

Cast Battle Hunger on their melee carry
They come to the creep wave to LH to remove it
You run up to them and agro the creeps so you spin 3 times and they have to backup with 1/4 HP

G.ZZZ

Axe good heroes guys, 17 games 14 wins:

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/381...obby_type=&game_mode=&duration=&metric=played

rage.gif

That +3% feels a lot (you spin 20% more often). Jungle is so much more reliable and the hero is one of the best ganker out of it with his 240 damage dot at lvl 4 (which u get easily at min 4). Crimson is good on him too, and you're also really versatile aside from tranquils, blink, vanguard and a stick. I get diffusal against omni for example, AC against low armor teams, crimosn in most cases but especially against zoo/illusions, blademail against tinkers, force against rikis etc...

Big Dog

Today I learned Big Dog is disruptive.

Rofl. I have mostly moved away from being a plain asshole to people like I have been before, but I still tell people things that they should be doing and what was wrong sometimes. But I do my best now to present it in a teaching manner and not an overpowering "I'm right and you're wrong" kind of way. I can vouch that I was a changed man after being unable to communicate with teammates after my 3 or so games while muted. The system works...

sixghost

Has anyone tried windrunner since the patch? The extra 50 range on the shackle search is actually a noticeable buff. I've been playing her a ton, so it's probably got a bit to do with getting more practice with shackle, but there have been a few times where it would latch to a tree that was a huge distance behind the enemy. Almost every game there's at least one shackle that surprises me by latching.
How does a team with Meepo, Undying, Razor, Silencer and Techies win a 70 minute game against Gyrocopter, Lone Druid, OD, Rubick and Shadow Shaman

We had a pretty awful team and yet managed to win. The game was there's to lose, and it's not even like they were playing badly.

What an exciting game. I haven't had such a tense game in awhile.

It's a combination of you underestimating how well Silencer, Meepo, and Razor scale, and the OD and gyro not farming that well. Druid was huge but he falls off harder than any of your 3 cores.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Phrynobatrachus

Neo Member
Mek, butterfly. Push towers - kill fools trying to stop you pushing towers.

Don't do this. RTZ can do this because he's RTZ, plus EG drafts Omni so he can get away with not buying BKB early. Shadowblade is also fine in lower MMRs, get good at hitting razes before you switch to blink.

Chris R

Does anyone else hate playing with a not so good techies on your team? Regular mines and stasis are easy to work with, but when it comes to remotes it seems like the Techies player isn't listening 95% of the time and mistimes the explosions after I've done some master baiting work to position it perfectly.

shira

Don't do this. RTZ can do this because he's RTZ, plus EG drafts Omni so he can get away with not buying BKB early. Shadowblade is also fine in lower MMRs, get good at hitting razes before you switch to blink.
eurgh nothing more boring than a shadow blade first item sf

Does anyone else hate playing with a not so good techies on your team? Regular mines and stasis are easy to work with, but when it comes to remotes it seems like the Techies player isn't listening 95% of the time and mistimes the explosions after I've done some master baiting work to position it perfectly.
It's a lot of micro and button pushes. It gets overwhelming if all you know how to do is right click

anyone have any tips on overcoming forced 50%?

Play scary bug/snake.
A0eq1Am.png

On a serious note, learning to take farm as you're walking around. A lot of people ignore the jungle creeps as they travel around to do nothing, so take a bit to grab a camp or two if you got the spare time. Tread switching, learning to last hit under towers and willingness to TP to another lane to defend it are also other options.

I think that jungling Axe is a massive waste of his potential

His skill set is so good in a lane situation

Cast Battle Hunger on their melee carry
They come to the creep wave to LH to remove it
You run up to them and agro the creeps so you spin 3 times and they have to backup with 1/4 HP

Jungle axe should be doing that randomly anyway, while getting guaranteed jungle farm.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Roaming support Gondar is so fun. I think Pieliedie is onto something.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I haven't played the game in a month and Im jumping back in today. Who are the top tier picks? I wanna scum

Terrorblade, spectre, and omniknight.

Pretty much any hard carry works in pubs though, comeback mechanics and all the tower buffs + free glyphs + lower tower bounties + nerfed deathball heroes make for a much slower game and a more favorable environment for these heroes.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Jesusu christ

Fuck Terrorblade

He had taken one T3 tower and no racks

we had taken all three rax and had megas

We were all hitting their ancient

he still fucking killed ours first

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
^that sounds fucking awful

Eh it's a nice change of pace from last patch, and it's kind of refreshing to see hard carries make a comeback.

If you're looking for supports: spiritbreaker: ogre, and skywrath are the most fun and effective IMO. As for offlaners, you can make anything work this patch, but the new Timber aghs makes him especially fun.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Maybe it's better in reality than how I imagine it.

Why is space cow good support now?

12s CD charge (CD begins after charge finishes now, but it's still an incredible buff that allows you to charge all the goddam time) and empowering haste has an active that double's the effectiveness of the aura for a limited time, while halving the effectiveness for a limited time afterwards. The lower charge CD just allows him to charge all the time, even 2-3 times in fights (to escape as well). The new empowering haste is also great in the middle of teamfights and for chasing.

Also, greater bash got rescaled so it's a value point at level 1, so you can leave it at level 1 and max your other abilities now (whereas before you had to max greater bash which really hampered your early/mid-game).

I really like him as an offlaner or a support now. True for a lot of heroes this patch, ogre and omni can both also be played as support or offlaners.

GorillaJu

12s CD charge (CD begins after charge finishes now, but it's still an incredible buff that allows you to charge all the goddam time) and empowering haste has an active that double's the effectiveness of the aura for a limited time, while halving the effectiveness for a limited time afterwards. The lower charge CD just allows him to charge all the time, even 2-3 times in fights (to escape as well). The new empowering haste is also great in the middle of teamfights and for chasing.

Also, greater bash got rescaled so it's a value point at level 1, so you can leave it at level 1 and max your other abilities now (whereas before you had to max greater bash which really hampered your early/mid-game).

I really like him as an offlaner or a support now. True for a lot of heroes this patch, ogre and omni can both also be played as support or offlaners.

nice, ty bokr

I have seen a lot of mileage out of SnY this patch, they didn't buff it so why is it suddenly more used than at any point before? Pre-6.82 it was shit tier, now it's suddenly seems to be core on a lot of AGI Carries...
its been underrated for a long time now people just ignore it because lol trends

I have seen a lot of mileage out of SnY this patch, they didn't buff it so why is it suddenly more used than at any point before? Pre-6.82 it was shit tier, now it's suddenly seems to be core on a lot of AGI Carries...

It was never shit tier. But it doesn't excel at anything in particular like other items around that price range (4100g), so most tend to favor other items if they can farm them, as other items over 4000g tend to scale better into late game.

It's a great "fight now and end by 35 minutes" kind of item and has the added value of being able to be broken down to make a Manta and a Halberd later if need be.

I wouldn't call it core on any carry. Just a respectable option for if you want/need a nice damage + sustain spike fast and know you're going to eat some damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom