• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Oh yeah play my Allpick 2v2 tourney. This Sat/Sunday

Rules:
- partners will be random pairing
- any lane
- 2 kills or tower = gg
- runes/bottle crow ok
- 10 minutes, tiebreaker = kills>CS>LH>EXP>gold
- 1 ban per team

- random prizes: ESL ONE NY bunduru, Summit Chest

format = open skill

Googledrive signup

Hylian will strim it right? Not playing since I'm going to be busy getting ready to go to Vegas (and don't want to anchor some poor soul to the trench)

idk

Chris R

Hylian will strim it right? Not playing since I'm going to be busy getting ready to go to Vegas (and don't want to anchor some poor soul to the trench)

JC Sera

Dota friend group are either all un-installing until exams are over or switching over to WoW for the new expansion, starting tomorrow.
Emoticon_happytears.gif

Someone pls tell me how to share tangoes

When I drop them on the floor, my teammates can apparently pick them up but not use them. Splitting them ala Wards doesn't seem to work either. I know you can do it though since I've had Shared Tangoes inmy inventory before

Just one.

My teammates must think I'm a right fuckwit when they ask for a tango and I piss about dropping them on the floor, or transferring them in an unusable state to their inventory :p

This game is the best when you get some friendly dialogue going with random teammates, nobody abusing eachother, just tips, organisation, encouragement and the like. Sometimes you can even have a laugh with opposition players as well which I wasn't expecting when I first started playing tbh

This game is the best when you get some friendly dialogue going with random teammates, nobody abusing eachother, just tips, organisation, encouragement and the like. Sometimes you can even have a laugh with opposition players as well which I wasn't expecting when I first started playing tbh

You must be playing a different game to me, that never happens.

You must be playing a different game to me, that never happens.

I'm still at really, really low MMR

In all honesty, I'm not too concerned with increasing it. People at this level are generally nice*, the game is still a lot of fun, and I don't have the energy or attention-span to become very good at Dota.

I'll maybe eventually do my ranked calibration matches or whatever they're called, and I really enjoy playing with a Party, but I don't really have a problem with staying at noob level. It hits my sweet spot between being competetive, feeling like I'm being useful to the team, and being somewhat relaxed since everyone else is just as bad as me :p

*I know that's not what most people want out of the game

sixghost

My teammates must think I'm a right fuckwit when they ask for a tango and I piss about dropping them on the floor, or transferring them in an unusable state to their inventory :p

That's some grade A unintentional passive aggression.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my Jesus Christ. Gold

I never caught on to the idea of why a Gold painted cosmetic virtual item in any game is very valuable.

Real Gold, hell yeah..I agree. But Virtual item, I'd prefer the non-gold textures which actually look detailed and great overall.

G.ZZZ

It was never shit tier. But it doesn't excel at anything in particular like other items around that price range (4100g), so most tend to favor other items if they can farm them, as other items over 4000g tend to scale better into late game.

It's a great "fight now and end by 35 minutes" kind of item and has the added value of being able to be broken down to make a Manta and a Halberd later if need be.

I wouldn't call it core on any carry. Just a respectable option for if you want/need a nice damage + sustain spike fast and know you're going to eat some damage.

Drums cost 1900 and are pretty much the same item (as soon as you get 2 other heroes in your AoE is much better, not even counting the active). Much better if you want to "fight early", as you can actually get the item early and it give its bonuses as an aura AoE. At 4100 and basically similar stats to drums, SnY it's a waste of an item right now. It should be much cheaper than it is, or drums nerfed but whatever.

You can't even strictly buff Sange (which is the bad part of the item) because Halberd is an actually good item already.

Acinixys

I'm still at really, really low MMR

In all honesty, I'm not too concerned with increasing it. People at this level are generally nice*, the game is still a lot of fun, and I don't have the energy or attention-span to become very good at Dota.

I'll maybe eventually do my ranked calibration matches or whatever they're called
, and I really enjoy playing with a Party, but I don't really have a problem with staying at noob level. It hits my sweet spot between being competetive, feeling like I'm being useful to the team, and being somewhat relaxed since everyone else is just as bad as me :p

*I know that's not what most people want out of the game

If you really play the game for fun, dont play ranked

You will get flamed so hard youll have to go to hospitable with 3rd degree burns

NBtoaster

Drums cost 1900 and are pretty much the same item (as soon as you get 2 other heroes in your AoE is much better, not even counting the active). Much better if you want to "fight early", as you can actually get the item early and it give its bonuses as an aura AoE. At 4100 and basically similar stats to drums, SnY it's a waste of an item right now. It should be much cheaper than it is, or drums nerfed but whatever.

You can't even strictly buff Sange (which is the bad part of the item) because Halberd is an actually good item already.

SnY gives significantly better stats for carries than Drum does. On agi heroes you get +32 damage and +32 attack speed and far more health, compared to +12 damage and +14 attack speed on drum. And the movement speed is much more noticable, and the maim is potentially useful.

SnY is not really an early game item, it's a mid game item.

I'd say Drum is also a worse item than it has ever been, the effect is often so underwhelming. I cringe when people recommend it on heroes like PA, it's so bad on her compared to actual damage or lifesteal items.

I stopped playing Ranked and started my All-Hero Challenge. The game is so much more fun for me now, and I'm learning a lot about heroes I've never really given a chance before.

Haunted

The tango thing is just one of the UI inconsistencies. Ctrl+click + click to share wards, but use + click to share a tango, while use + click with any other thing uses it directly instead.

Oh man fuck that thing

First hero: lone druid

I'm never going to get it
Just get carried.

Just had a gyro gift me (as Earth spirit) an aghs late game, was hella fun.
? How can an Aghs be "gifted".

Did you kill the enemy gyro after he went on a crazy streak or something?

Hylian7

The tango thing is just one of the UI inconsistencies. Ctrl+click + click to share wards, but use + click to share a tango, while use + click with any other thing uses it directly instead.

Just get carried.

? How can an Aghs be "gifted".

Did you kill the enemy gyro after he went on a crazy streak or something?
You can't place Tangos on the ground normally. Everyone would rather just use the keys normally. With wards, it was changed for a bunch of reasons.

- accidental "hey guys we have vision on our fountain now!"
- being able to quickly drop a sentry in a team fight. When ward sharing was first implemented, there would be times (even in pro games) where they knew an invis was sneaking up on them, tried to quickly drop a sentry, then ended up giving it to their teammate instead.
- make ward sharing a deliberate thing, rather than something you might accidentally do when placing one.

Haunted

You can't place Tangos on the ground normally. Everyone would rather just use the keys normally. With wards, it was changed for a bunch of reasons.

- accidental "hey guys we have vision on our fountain now!"
- being able to quickly drop a sentry in a team fight. When ward sharing was first implemented, there would be times (even in pro games) where they knew an invis was sneaking up on them, tried to quickly drop a sentry, then ended up giving it to their teammate instead.
- make ward sharing a deliberate thing, rather than something you might accidentally do when placing one.
That one has definitely happened to me before. :lol

I think having Ctrl+click mean to split a stack can be consistent. It's the use + click thing that's inconsistent. For wards, that means placing it, for tangoes, that means sharing it, for other consumables, that means using it on someone else directly.

It's not a huge deal, anyway.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We should go full HoN and have Skadi build out of Sange.

its really good on terror blade but right now people feel all the other items you can get on him are better

but he really likes both the manta and halbard

Well they're largely correct and I think that sums up the issue with the item in general.

there are other items you can get on everyone that are better for late-game play. It's cool for a midgame "end under 40" plan. And as has been said, the maim is really nice if you're an autoattacking melee hero like Riki/Slark/Lifestealer/Bristle since it makes you decidedly harder to kite and all that. But yea I def feel like if your goal is to scale well late game...and if manta + halberd doesn't make sense on the hero you're playing...there are objectively better items you can buy.

As was said, you can get a drum fast and get acceptable early/midgame stats and then start building towards late game items instead of spending 4100g on an item that scales poorly past 35 minutes.

Well they're largely correct and I think that sums up the issue with the item in general.

there are other items you can get on everyone that are better for late-game play. It's cool for a midgame "end under 40" plan. And as has been said, the maim is really nice if you're an autoattacking melee hero like Riki/Slark/Lifestealer/Bristle since it makes you decidedly harder to kite and all that. But yea I def feel like if your goal is to scale well late game...and if manta + halberd doesn't make sense on the hero you're playing...there are objectively better items you can buy.

As was said, you can get a drum fast and get acceptable early/midgame stats and then start building towards late game items instead of spending 4100g on an item that scales poorly past 35 minutes.

Well this was when he was a lot more tanky and blatantly broken. I remember typing up huge things arguing with haly and anbokr about how getting drums were dumb when you could just skip them and go straight s&y. You could get it so quickly and it was amazing on him. Break it down and have a manta and a halbard so fast.

You can't do that shit anymore because icefraud had to go make tb fair and "balanced" what a jerk.

But yeah if you get any item early enough it makes it look pretty good in your eyes :p

We should go full HoN and have Skadi build out of Sange.

we need an int sword and then we can get the hon all three combo

Demoli

The idea between SnY Terrorblade is not a end early one but rather a bank everything on late game one.

You Skip drums, build SnY, dissassemble into manta + Halbers, disassemble Halberd into Butterfly.

It's essentially to give you tank without commititng to a Skadi.

It's Good, but TB is already so strong early that being useless during that time is a waste.

Pratfall

Had my first tree game the other day. Hero is very fun. Overgrowthing out of stealth is awesome. It is hard to play against pudge since you are looking all over the map and not always at your positioning.

Well this was when he was a lot more tanky and blatantly broken. I remember typing up huge things arguing with haly and anbokr about how getting drums were dumb when you could just skip them and go straight s&y. You could get it so quickly and it was amazing on him. Break it down and have a manta and a halbard so fast.

You can't do that shit anymore because icefraud had to go make tb fair and "balanced" what a jerk.

But yeah if you get any item early enough it makes it look pretty good in your eyes :p
ha. damn sure does.

also, I'm just gonna leave this right fucking here. cs almost looks like a typo. if anyone has this replay

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/935595317

vfcLqV9.png

or this one:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/954213260

hook a brotha up.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The idea between SnY Terrorblade is not a end early one but rather a bank everything on late game one.

You Skip drums, build SnY, dissassemble into manta + Halbers, disassemble Halberd into Butterfly.

It's essentially to give you tank without commititng to a Skadi.

It's Good, but TB is already so strong early that being useless during that time is a waste.

Lots of people skip drums anyway, I don't particularly care for it on TB. Treads + aquila + yasha and you're good to go. SnY on TB is just kinda meh, it's expensive and like dreams said, because of what the item disassembles into, it kinda screws up your late game as those item slots are very precious for heroes like TB, Naga, and AM that get 6 slotted very very quickly -- halberd is just a giant waste.

I like SnY on str heroes mainly, guys like N'aix, CK, WK, hell even Omni if I get some farm. I love to go fast and that MS boost is damn nice, and some agility + more for attack speed (which these guys lack) is pretty nice. However, as many have already said, it's not ideal on most agi carries because halberd isn't really something you want. Manta or even just a raw yasha is much more ideal for these guys.

I just played as WK against a PL, I knew the match up was bad, but not that HORRIBLE.

Had my first tree game the other day. Hero is very fun. Overgrowthing out of stealth is awesome. It is hard to play against pudge since you are looking all over the map and not always at your positioning.

I love Tree, he is getting me out of the trench since he minimizes the effects of bad decisions, you can keep players alive after a suicide dive, getting caught by a cronosphere when they try to gank Void alone or any other crazy play they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom