• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Still 27 heroes to win with, and I will be done with the all-hero challenge.

Z8Nruq6.png

Lots of strong heroes, I should be fine.

By watching this video, I have learnt that Ember Spirit is broken as hell, and that Lone Druid can dodge spells by using his ultimate (the transformation).

http://youtu.be/EM_obUDPajI

It's not the entire tranformation though, you can dodge spells for like a tenth of a second and it's a bitch to time. Not that I play Lone Druid, but I've seen plenty of pros try and fail trying to dodge even a slow projectile.

G.ZZZ

It's not the entire tranformation though, you can dodge spells for like a tenth of a second and it's a bitch to time. Not that I play Lone Druid, but I've seen plenty of pros try and fail trying to dodge even a slow projectile.

I'm pretty sure it disjoint easily. It's not as useful because you stay still 2 seconds and you disjoint only a projectile casted before the transformation. I mean, you may dodge a 2 seconds stuns but you still stay still 2 seconds so whatever. It's only useful if someone do a last autos on you and you're about to get to safety and he turn around 100% sure you're dead and you aren't. Bulldog did it all the time.

PasteyMF

Anyone know what's up with a DreamLeague ticket this season? They had the compendium with Season 1, but I haven't seen or heard anything on the ticket this season. The Pudge saw they made from the stretch goals in season 1 was pretty slick.

Am I the only who thinks being able to dodge stuff like that is kinda lame?
I'm pretty sure you are. Great timing on manta disjoints/illusion spawning is Kreygasm.

shira

I agree, SnY is an item mostly suited to str heroes who benefit from the ability to go faster and the ability to greater maim (super good on lifestealer who has the issue with being kited). I would not get it on most agi carries unless they need cost efficient stats as well as the versatility of +ms and -enemy ms (such as slark or possibly shadow fiend).

SNY stacks with Sange, throw on an extra slow or oov

Anyone know what's up with a DreamLeague ticket this season? They had the compendium with Season 1, but I haven't seen or heard anything on the ticket this season. The Pudge saw they made from the stretch goals in season 1 was pretty slick.
Probably late again.

One of my proudest moments was dodging finger and RP with Ember sleight of fists in the same game, I'm very skilled with him...

was total luck haha

I dodged 2 fingers in a row with
Faceless Void backtrack

TheRed

One of my proudest moments was dodging finger and RP with Ember sleight of fists in the same game, I'm very skilled with him...

was total luck haha

Acinixys

What character you guys hate or can't stand? Personally for me its Brewmaster. Fuck pandaren, bear like people, pandas in general. And his ulti is bs and incredible boring to fight against. Drunk panda my ass. Icefraud please ner-- delete

Rubick
Brewmaster
Batrider
Invoker
PUDGE

was total luck haha

I would like to add that you can TP while in Sleight of Fist. Makes escapes easy when there are creeps around

Big Dog

Maybe if we all ignore SNA getting stomped then it actually never happened. That game was very sad to watch. The yolo on ixmike was strong...

shira

It's still a bit flexible at the moment, the new rules will be enforced more after this month when the organisers are all fully aware of the changes.

Valve Time, now we got Valve Rules?

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

JustinBB7

Trying to do the All-Hero Challenge is really fucking up my already mediocre Win/Loss ratio.

It's actually helping me get a ton of wins thank fuck.

Though my last 2 games were terrible and I kept getting 4 stacks who blamed me of course. Why is it allowed in normal and in ranked you can't even q as 4.. they always blame the 5th guy.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
that's fine and all but I don't get why manta's a get out of silence free card no skill required

cuz that's what the item is supposed to do...? that's like asking why bkb is a get out of magic damage free card no skill required or why eul's is a get out of silence free card no skill required

dota is a game of counters beyond just the hero pick screen, and you can itemize a certain way to counter certain heroes. silences would be far too powerful (especially against agi carries) if you couldn't purge them with manta (and they are already pretty damn powerful)

DrSlek

It's actually helping me get a ton of wins thank fuck.

Though my last 2 games were terrible and I kept getting 4 stacks who blamed me of course. Why is it allowed in normal and in ranked you can't even q as 4.. they always blame the 5th guy.

Im just unfortunate enough to consistantly get 1 or 2 high ping feeders from Indonesia, Philippines, or Malaysia on the Australian servers. It's hard to play as a team with 2 giant SEA anchors tied to your feet.

They just started a 5 week bootcamp in LA, from the interview with Toffee their captain still doesn't know shit about Dota. They still HON mode.

yeah but its not like leeg differences we're talkin here

they know the backbone of the game

they just need to work on the goofy specifics and get used to it being a bit more deliberate and slow

shira

yeah but its not like leeg differences we're talkin here

they know the backbone of the game

they just need to work on the goofy specifics and get used to it being a bit more deliberate and slow

idk Chessie seems average

Zai and PPD took like a year to come online

They will probably kick Moonmeander soonish.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't get the use of the new API function. I figured out how to make it work, and this is the type of stuff I get.

Code:
http://api.steampowered.com/IEconDOTA2_570/GetItemIconPath/v0001/?key=<KEY>&iconname=circlet_of_the_northern_wind

{
	"result": {
		"path": "icons/econ/items/windrunner/circlet_of_the_northern_wind/circlet_of_the_northern_wind.6c9bcc5379611ea770200ce6ad14c950df1a09ed.png"
	}
}

I guess if I append it with the URL http://cdn.dota2.com/apps/570/, I get the icon, but this info is already in the schema.

Quesa

cuz that's what the item is supposed to do...? that's like asking why bkb is a get out of magic damage free card no skill required or why eul's is a get out of silence free card no skill required

dota is a game of counters beyond just the hero pick screen, and you can itemize a certain way to counter certain heroes. silences would be far too powerful (especially against agi carries) if you couldn't purge them with manta (and they are already pretty damn powerful)

I'm not saying it's too good I'm saying it makes no sense. Bkb is supposed to give you magic immunity. Manta makes two copies of you. It removing silence seems like one of those bugs that stuck around. But I guess if the argument is that it makes no sense you could say that about a lot of things in dota so I'll stop.

shira

D2L dead stream

why would Moonmeanal get kicked? attitude? he seems like a solid player when I watch him.

I believe 2 of the players are brothers and the other 2 are good friends making them untouchable.

Yes

Oh he's a great hard carry, but he has to suffer like EE-sama before he gets his team.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rare, prestigious item for most popular hero in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom