• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Play my Allpick 2v2 tourney. This Sat/Sunday
Rules:
- partners will be random pairing
- any lane
- 2 kills or tower = gg
- runes/bottle crow ok
- 10 minutes, tiebreaker = kills>CS>LH>EXP>gold
- 1 ban per team

- random prizes: ESL ONE NY bunduru, Summit Chest

format = open skill

Googledrive signup

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It really is more about the demand, it has a decent supply of 10k+. Few dozen more items have far lower supplies but are worth 1/10th the amount.

sixghost

I got randomly matched with DrKirby and the impromptu gafstack prevailed

Two rax down for twenty minutes and then we caught them with their pants down. Easiest base race of my life.

ZuYIpiY.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Techies blowing up half the team twice nearly lost of the game, yet him blowing up just me likely won us a very important fight (He had like 15 remote mines in Rosh)

Never got a chance to use my blademail.

I assume the game uses the mmr of the person who heads the party rather than using an algorithm to find some value in between, right?

it's never fun to disappoint people, even if they're randoms

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I assume the game uses the mmr of the person who heads the party rather than using an algorithm to find some value in between, right?

It tries to average it, but it seems to be at a bit of a loss when mixing newer players with 1000+ game people.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

It averages but I think it skews high. Whenever I queue with the dudes that are better than me we get higher skill games even if we get some retards in our stack. Sucks, I miss playing noob games where I actually thought I was getting kinda good at this stupid game.

JC Sera

Ability draft nuts. Had first pick, grabbed coup. Everyone skipped over enchanted totem, grabbed that.
Was hitting people for 2k damage 15 mins in.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/959382147
what a waste of aftershock.
Silencer is one of the best bases for AD. How much int did you end up stealing?

Techies blowing up half the team twice nearly lost of the game, yet him blowing up just me likely won us a very important fight (He had like 15 remote mines in Rosh)

Never got a chance to use my blademail.
Blademail doesn't work against techies, thank god

It tries to average it, but it seems to be at a bit of a loss when mixing newer players with 1000+ game people.

Completely anecdotal, but it seems to try and match the individual players from what I've seen. Since I play with all sorts of groups if we have 2 higher mmr and 3 lower, the other team SEEMS to have like 2 players on the other team who do well, and 3 who don't.

So it's a mix of average and trying to match 1 to 1 the proper mmrs? I dunno.

Nymerio

These games that start exceptionally well only to start to slowly fall apart, then they give you a hint a comeback only to snatch it from you at the last moment to show you your imploding ancient :(

Ten years since last win
cry.gif

What character you guys hate or can't stand? Personally for me its Brewmaster. Fuck pandaren, bear like people, pandas in general. And his ulti is bs and incredible boring to fight against. Drunk panda my ass. Icefraud please ner-- delete

Drow and Sniper

Drow because I'm always petrified of getting stuck one-on-one with her with no escape, and trying to run away while she pelts you with slowing, damaging arrows, the feeling of desperation as you realise there's no help, the Blink Dagger is useless, you have no TPS, and you just die alone in a fight you never had a chance in

Sniper because of that fucking mini-stun

sixghost

Drow and Sniper

Drow because I'm always petrified of getting stuck one-on-one with her with no escape, and trying to run away while she pelts you with slowing, damaging arrows, the feeling of desperation as you realise there's no help, the Blink Dagger is useless, you have no TPS, and you just die alone in a fight you never had a chance in

Sniper because of that fucking mini-stun

You have to just stay calm vs drow. The last thing you want to do is run, because like you said she will run you down with frost arrows. If you have no TP, just get in her face and man up. Unless she's super farmed, she's not that tough when he aura is down. At level 11, cancelling her aura means she does 80ish less damage, has 60 less attack speed, and loses 8 armor.

You have to just stay calm vs drow. The last thing you want to do is run, because like you said she will run you down with frost arrows. If you have no TP, just get in her face and man up. Unless she's super farmed, she's not that tough when he aura is down. At level 11, cancelling her aura means she does 80ish less damage, has 60 less attack speed, and loses 8 armor.

When it's obvious at the start ofthe encounter that I have no escape I try running at her. With her range though she usually has the space to just trn around and escape, but that's better than a death at least :p

I love it when a Drow bites off more than she can chew, and you come in from the side and blink to her while she's focussing fire on one of your teammates. Especially with Axe.

Speakiing of Axe, do you guys have any heroes who you love playing as, but really don't like their visual design?

elyetis

it doesnt interrupt casting now
Oh I know how it impact him, I just don't know why it was necessary to nerf him. It's not like the new meta would have been a huge improvement for him like it was for late carry like spectre, faceless void, medusa...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh I know how it impact him, I just don't know why it was necessary to nerf him. It's not like the new meta would have been a huge improvement for him like it was for late carry like spectre, faceless void, medusa...
Because he's an annoying fuck

I was just reading about it, how is Aghs SD not a big thing in Pub Meta? It's so dirty and is basically a hard counter to Omni. I'm assuming the answer is just because pub players are bad at supports.

JC Sera

I was just reading about it, how is Aghs SD not a big thing in Pub Meta? It's so dirty and is basically a hard counter to Omni. I'm assuming the answer is just because pub players are bad at supports.
Nobody plays him
because he has bad dragon product for a tail
he is a pretty legit support though. Farming an Aghs on him might be a bit of a stretch for some.

Madouu

Farming a timely aghs on SD in a pub game is hard, he suffers from the can't do much on his own syndrome, unless the opponents are brain dead.

On another note, rubick with metamorphosis is possibly the cutest thing in dota 2 right now, too bad it lowers his attack range.

If you manage to farm aghs on SD support (without rushing it .. Ugh) then the match was probably already over and in the bag.

If you manage to farm aghs on SD support (without rushing it .. Ugh) then the match was probably already over and in the bag.

While true, comeback mechanics are real, so getting one would never be a bad thing. Even without Aghs, SD still fits the current meta really well since roaming supports are such a big deal. I don't think I've seen one picked since the patch came out. Might be time for me to bust him out and climb out of the trench.

sixghost

Farming a timely aghs on SD in a pub game is hard, he suffers from the can't do much on his own syndrome, unless the opponents are brain dead.

On another note, rubick with metamorphosis is possibly the cutest thing in dota 2 right now, too bad it lowers his attack range.
Depending on how the game is going I think SD can actually farm faster than quite a few supports as long as you are maxing poison.

Madouu

Newbee vs LGD starting on bts, cast by LD & Winter and there's a juggernaut already picked.

edit: and nightstalker!

Depending on how the game is going I think SD can actually farm faster than quite a few supports as long as you are maxing poison.

You can certainly farm with poison, just like CM and KOTL can eat through jungle creeps very quickly or rhasta can push super easily with his ether shock but in practice you rarely get the space to do all of this as a 5.

Sometimes you get those games where your allies don't know how and where to farm, and back away from the lane as soon as they kill one creep wave when they can push two or three creep waves further without much fear so you get some space. But most of the time, you are fighting a bunch of other heroes for the resources on the map as a SD.

Madouu

Faith fissures have been crazy good this game.

I didn't expect Newbee to win this late game with their lineup but they did. Their decision making in the latter part of games is always impressive even though doom being very underfarmed probably helped a lot.

Why dont pros playing wisp use a TP 3 secs before getting relocated back to their doom? It should work right? Or am i missing something?

relocate interrupts channeling on the way back too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom