• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm not a big fan of the format. A bunch of 4 man groups into a 8 team round robin into a 6 team lan final.

Is Synergy League as screwed on getting a ticket as I think they are? They submitted the actual ticket less then two weeks ago, and a nice looking Lina set a few days ago.

Edit: Oh, the new patched added it.

shira

I'm not a big fan of the format. A bunch of 4 man groups into a 8 team round robin into a 6 team lan final.

Is Synergy League as screwed on getting a ticket as I think they are? They submitted the actual ticket less then two weeks ago, and a nice looking Lina set a few days ago.

Edit: Oh, the new patched added it.

What??? that Lina sucks. She looks like hobo
http://zippy.gfycat.com/NegativeBigAgama.webm
Fire panties is da best
http://fat.gfycat.com/InformalUniformAnophelesmosquito.webm

woodland

Popping in - Has that doom set with the smoldering wings and goat skull head been added in yet or is it doomed to float in purgatory forever?

They added the particle effects that they had forgot forever.

Valve gonna Valve. Did they ever bother to fix that Immortal Clockwork hat? They said they were gonna make that shit not suck months ago.

It still sucks.

Meh. I guess Valve says a lot of things. The particles on that skirt are very nice. Might think about trading one of my extra items for one. Old Lina was one of my first heroes I ever played (...and sadly kept playing and failing with).

Madouu

Had a really good SD game versus what looked like a good coordinated chinese 5 stack. We lost but it was a satisfying game.

Played an abaddon game right after versus a DP that was pretty bad, won easily but it didn't feel nearly as good or fun as the previous game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Valve gonna Valve. Did they ever bother to fix that Immortal Clockwork hat? They said they were gonna make that shit not suck months ago.

It still sucks.

The "fix" was giving it a slightly better texture. Since only like 400 people own it, I don't think its worth Valves time to make it do something fancy.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think you're justified for abandoning any game with a Techies in it regardless of which team they are on.

xanavi

It's not the worst item, but it's really only useful to be tankier which good use of Death Pact should take care of. It's like a band aid fix for players with bad memories.

I played against an LC that went SnY, pretty legit.

Since skadi is an item that exists there's generally no reason to ever go bloodstone on clinkz unless you're just being a clown in which case it's perfect.

JC Sera

I think you're justified for abandoning any game with a Techies in it regardless of which team they are on.
Nearly all the games I've had with techies on my team we won. Even the one where the techies fed early and then D/C'd. I'm more confident with a techies on my team than a tusk or tinker. Also as long as you're not all melee its pretty easy to counter him.
I personally think nothing justifies abandoning for in game reasons other than abusive team mates, but thats just me,
sorry if I am taking your hyperbole to seriously
Guys how come we don't see as much TA in pro games as we used to
Urn now ticking refraction?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think I'm going to start a Shawshank Redemption style letter writing campaign to Gaben. A letter a day imploring him to delete Techies from existence until he finally gives in. What is the cost of postage at lately?

It still sucks.
They never said they would do that. I believe that was just something SirB put in the patch notes that might happen and every one took it for granted.

Spampickerino some hero, watch how pros play him, then spampickerino him a bit more. Playing the same hero for a while is good because you tend to focus a bit more on the different situations in a game instead of focusing too much on your hero every game, you realize what kind of itemizations lose or win games, when or when not to push etc... .

Ty for tips. I am guilty of being shit at getting farm and I dont have as much experience on core heroes as i do on support heroes.
Maybe I should spam pick Naix.

shira

I called this.

http://redd.it/2jatzw
Due to the political unrest in Ukraine, VG and NB feels that it is unsafe for their players to travel to SL10. They have communicated to SLTV to pull out from the tournament.

After that they talk about the past history of SL and how it is the next big tournament after TI, especially mentioning SL9 when DK took the crown. SLTV may replace VG and NB with European teams.

Honestly both teams deserve some kind of punishment for this, like being banned from future Starladders or even other tournaments

I mean how is it acceptable to agree to enter a tournament, play through the entire qualifiers, qualify and then drop out about a week before the finals. If they weren't willing to go to Ukraine they should have never entered the tournament

Raytow

Yelp. Good thing i held out on buying the bundle. I wonder if other teams will consider pulling out too after hearing this.
I still watched tons of games, including VG and NB, there are hats, possibly another set since stretch goal will probably be reached, and LAN finals don't know why is the bundle such a bad deal now...

Dota 2 needs a follow option, I want to watch Wagamama games in client as he is playing.

I don't want to subscribe to dotabuff plus just to figure out who plays my favourite heroes well..

Best Lina set:

emLMIf8.png

Ember Crane belt and arms, Solar Divine neck, whatever headpiece you like.

FACE

Banned
What does "normal/high etc. skill" mean in DotaBuff? Valve send me some good teammates :(

From Dotabuff's FAQ:

Q: What does 'normal', 'high', and 'very high' skill mean?
A: It's an information given by Valve in some (not all) matches. It will tell the average skill level of the players in that game. If you want to relate it to MMR, normal tends to be < 3k, high is from 3k-ish to around 3.8k, and very high is over 3.8k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom