• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
That BKB timing from dendi
surprise.gif

I still watched tons of games, including VG and NB, there are hats, possibly another set since stretch goal will probably be reached, and LAN finals don't know why is the bundle such a bad deal now...

I didn't say the bundle is bad. To clarify, I wanted to get either Starladder ticket bundle or the summit ticket bundle. I went with the summit. Plus, VG is my favorite team. So spending my money on Summit ticket was the better choice! (for me)

Randdalf

My first game trying the Eul's Gyro build
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/962192243

I died quite a lot, probably partly because I was playing a bit aggressive/out of position at times and partyl because of their ridiculous number of AOE skills making it difficult to use Rocket Barrage without taking loads of damage. I was doing so much damage though, I could solo pretty much any of their heroes except Bristleback in the midgame if I was given the opportunity (they were bunched up most of the time, fear of Nyx I guess).

Quesa

Been trying to up my farming game after seeing this So I played a bot game and still only got 190cs in 25min. Also it was TB so it was basically cheating. I usually like playing heroes that need levels more than farm so I never sat down and thought about patterns because I just like to fight fight fight. The last hitting challenge and bot games also aren't good practice and I feel bad for picking hard carries because I know I'm going to end up underfarmed and lose my team the game.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
8 game ranked winning streak, highest of my life, I feel like I'm tempting fate to continue playing.

omni

Been trying to up my farming game after seeing this So I played a bot game and still only got 190cs in 25min. Also it was TB so it was basically cheating. I usually like playing heroes that need levels more than farm so I never sat down and thought about patterns because I just like to fight fight fight. The last hitting challenge and bot games also aren't good practice and I feel bad for picking hard carries because I know I'm going to end up underfarmed and lose my team the game.

Work on your last hitting number 1. It adds up so quickly. If you just miss one you could have gotten a minute that's 500 gold at 10 minutes you're out of.

Never be not farming. If you're standing around in a lane not hitting things that's bad. Think ahead, where am I going to be after this wave is cleared? Is it safe for me to go forward and deeper in this lane? Should I go back to the jungle? Did my team already farm the jungle? What would be my path through the jungle? Can I use the other teams jungle? Can I solo ancients? Has my team been stacking for me (lol no)? It seems obvious but there are tons of times where people just walk around doing nothing and it's wasteful.

Map awareness. Part of not dying. Oh god are they all off the map and not challenging your teams pushing right now? You're dead unless you go deep under your tower right now. No one is going to tell you miss, look for yourself. Wards are nice but you should still get a sense of the flow just by what everyone else has been doing around the map.

Other than that just practice practice practice. I find afk farming kind of fun. Matches like this or this are a blast for me.

Also I don't know why I wrote this out as you weren't really asking for it, but I'm bored so here it is.

bbd23

6.82c

http://store.steampowered.com/news/14675/

* Buyback cooldown increased from 6 to 7 minutes
* AoE Gold NWFactor reduced from 0.06/0.06/0.05/0.04/0.03 to 0.05/0.05/0.05/0.04/0.03
* AoE XP XPFactor reduced from 0.3/0.3/0.2/0.15/0.12 to 0.23/0.23/0.2/0.15/0.12
* Mystic Flare damage is now dealt over 2.4 seconds instead of 2.2 seconds
* Ancient Seal cooldown increased from 11 to 14
* Crypt Swarm damage rescaled from 100/175/250/300 to 75/150/225/300
* Exorcism cooldown increased from 135 to 145
* Juxtapose max illusions reduced from 6/8/10 to 5/7/9
* Bloodrage now only amplifies for half of the value when the dealer and the receiver are over 2200 range apart
* Primal Split cast time increased from 0.4 to 0.65 seconds
* Primal Split delay after cast time (while invulnerable) reduced from 0.85 to 0.6 seconds
* Ethereal Blade projectile speed increased from 1100 to 1200
* Song of the Siren cast point increased from 0.65 to 0.8 seconds
* Guardian Angel no longer provides HP Regeneration
* Metamorphosis movement speed reduced from 315 to 290
* Conjure Image damage intake increased from 300% to 425%
* Sunder no longer interrupts the target
* Sunder cast range increased from 250 to 325
* Haunt illusion outgoing damage decreased from 40% to 30%
* Spectre movement speed reduced from 295 to 290
* Chronosphere cooldown increased from 120/100/80 to 130/110/90
* Eye of the Storm Scepter interval increased from 0.55/0.45/0.35 to 0.6/0.5/0.4
* Static Link cooldown increased from 25 to 32/30/28/26
* Flaming Fists damage type changed from Magical to Pure (pierces Spell Immunity)
* Flaming Fists damage reduced from 100/150/200 to 80/115/150

Quesa

Work on your last hitting number 1. It adds up so quickly. If you just miss one you could have gotten a minute that's 500 gold at 10 minutes you're out of.

Never be not farming. If you're standing around in a lane not hitting things that's bad. Think ahead, where am I going to be after this wave is cleared? Is it safe for me to go forward and deeper in this lane? Should I go back to the jungle? Did my team already farm the jungle? What would be my path through the jungle? Can I use the other teams jungle? Can I solo ancients? Has my team been stacking for me (lol no)? It seems obvious but there are tons of times where people just walk around doing nothing and it's wasteful.

Map awareness. Part of not dying. Oh god are they all off the map and not challenging your teams pushing right now? You're dead unless you go deep under your tower right now. No one is going to tell you miss, look for yourself. Wards are nice but you should still get a sense of the flow just by what everyone else has been doing around the map.

Other than that just practice practice practice. I find afk farming kind of fun. Matches like this or this are a blast for me.

Also I don't know why I wrote this out as you weren't really asking for it, but I'm bored so here it is.

Appreciate it!

Guardian Angel no longer provides HP Regeneration

Game is dead to me

Gav47

* Conjure Image damage intake increased from 300% to 425%

That's a pretty big nerf, they take more damage than any other illusion in the game now.

This will probably be the last balance patch for a while, right? Don't think I've ever seen a version d.

Help me, after the splash screens the game stops running and says 'Failed to load scripts/npc/portraits.txt'

Was fine last night, just downloaded an update for it

G.ZZZ

That's a pretty big nerf, they take more damage than any other illusion in the game now.

This will probably be the last balance patch for a while, right? Don't think I've ever seen a version d.

6.72 had an e version i'm pretty sure. Maybe even an f version. 6.59 had a D version too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom