• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarden24

Seeing as you already have some experience with slark, you can spam pick it to 4k easily if going up in mmr is your priority. You've got higher kdas on average than what I see players at 3.5k have so I think you can move up with the right heroes.

Maybe you want to consider playing a few different roles to get a better grasp of the game before focusing on the one you want to climb the mmr ladder with like it has been suggested.

thanks, though I would much prefer to not spam a hero, get better in general, and get the MMR while keeping a wide hero pool!

anyway to help with that?

Madouu

I though it was an accepted fact that ixmike is actually SUPER shit at this game and is only good for mom jokes now

People might hate me for saying this but I think he is one of the community's easy shooting targets, he is far from being super shit at the game. He is probably better than most of the players posting in this thread on average. He is very far from being as skilled as the best at this game though and it shows. It's easy for someone to look awful from the outside when he is consistently pitted against the best players in the world and not just some random pubs.

This particular game though, his performance was appalling.

Kard8p3

Just had a dusa skip mystic snake and rush crit after linkens instead of manta/skadi.

:lol

i didnt do too much that game tho, fucking 700 ping.

shira

24c749c803.png

Oh my Jesus Christ are we going to get Kpoptosis items now? Why are these nobodies getting in-game items

Wok

Summary of 90% of the critshakers I see:

- Farming early
- "ES can we get some wards, or a gank? We could use a pair of mana boots or early blink since you have all that farm"
- "ES we need your help in these team fights." (Now sitting on Phase Shadow Blade) "No I need my Crystalys first."
- Now being dived past tier 3, ES enchants, SB's, and one shots someone that has a little over half HP.
- Other team says "oh snap" for two seconds, then back to successfully killing us and taking fax.

Critshaker basically takes the mind set of "I am going to ignore 90% of my hero's utility for a silly one shot damage build." Congratulations, you threw the game away to stroke your totem dick.

Only because of the shadowblade trick. Get a blink instead on CritShaker, and teamfights are wonderfully won.

VQqRoKS.jpg

That was fun. Game was really close and back and forth. Omni + Sniper is pretty legit.

Oh yeah, and Blink is so damn good on Sniper. I think I'll get that every game now. (my opening build was Drums -> MoM -> Blink)

sixghost

I don't play cores because I think i cant rely on my teammates, i just generally have more fun playing the roles, I enjoy playing offlane the most, followed by mid and then carry, support being last.

that said, ill try and play some more supports and see how it is,I will say that one of my weakness is finding farm efficiently.
I didn't mean to imply that's why you played core mostly, sorry about that. It's just such a common attitude in the mid levels of Dota that it gets frustrating. The reason I suggest learning to play support so strongly is because it will actually help you get better at all the core positions. Once you get in the habit of pulling, smoke ganking, zoning out the offlaner, etc. you'll have a better idea of what the other team's supports are trying to do when you are playing core. I think this is especially important if you like to offlane, because playing offlane vs a trilane is all about understanding where the supports are likely to be.

Madouu

If rumors are true Mike only has 4.3k MMR, which is pretty damn low for being such a prominent figure.

TuRXPK7.png

This is from June.

He did start out in the 4k bracket like quite a few other pros, casters and known figures in the scene, and then climbed up to 5k+ from there.

domstah

24c749c803.png

Oh my Jesus Christ are we going to get Kpoptosis items now? Why are these nobodies getting in-game items

So a Pyrion Flax announcer set is okay but an Omni-Pug isn't? Who cares. Slacks has an entertaining YT channel, and an awesome stream - and was popular enough to get hired to fluff pieces for ESL - why so grumpy about him getting a courier?

Who is more deserving in your eyes, Shira? Or are you just bitching?

Haunted

The Pyrion streams with Action Slackz and Refleksy in the party are my favourite Dota content atm.

These guys are hilarious.

shira

So a Pyrion Flax announcer set is okay but an Omni-Pug isn't? Who cares. Slacks has an entertaining YT channel, and an awesome stream - and was popular enough to get hired to fluff pieces for ESL - why so grumpy about him getting a courier?

Who is more deserving in your eyes, Shira? Or are you just bitching?

Shira

Rather a cute ActionSlacks courier than a Skrillex lookalike Zyori courier

There are legit pro players that don't have sets.

JC Sera

Earthshaker mid is the shit. Enchanttotem.jpg
Have a friend who's a big ES player. There was a couple of games where we had no mid so we had to convince him to do this. He was not keen and kept saying ES is not a mid. Hes now quite fond of it :p
Absolutely shits on pub pudges.
just don't go against ranged mids >_>

VQqRoKS.jpg

That was fun. Game was really close and back and forth. Omni + Sniper is pretty legit.

Oh yeah, and Blink is so damn good on Sniper. I think I'll get that every game now. (my opening build was Drums -> MoM -> Blink)
And its not countered by a 180 gold item!

G.ZZZ

Mike's 5.4k, don't think anyone 4.3k can actually play in pro games.
T2 NA teams with no-names like Darkfalco, Imasheepsux, nihil, "frankie" inphinity, kzz, toysoldier, Koreya, R1sk etc... are still 5k to 6k players. KZZ for example is 6k. Broodstar if he still play was top 3 leaderboard NA and he'd be probably 6k if he played now etc...
In europe, BBC, that has W33ha top leaderboard 7.3k, padrinho at 6.9k and solitude at 6.2k, it's a T2 team that rarely get streamed.

4kers are unbelievably bad compared to any semipro player.

manfestival

welp I feel like a douchebag. I was having a very good game as natures prophet and I went to try to backdoor the base when the enemy team went straight for throne. Didnt occur to me to buy a freaking TP and i had money for a buyback. I literally had to buy like 10 seconds of time to win the game for us. We had two sets of rax down and they had 1 but whatever. I feel bad for this

Madouu

I'm pretty sure everyone has made at least 100+ mistakes like these on the road to becoming a better player... as long as you are aware of them, I wouldn't feel too bad.

JC Sera

Is Elder Titan useful for anything under any conditions?
Good for scouting (especially high ground), facing tanks (HP% based damage) and reducing armour & passives which give magic resistance. Sleep is a great setup or a good follow up to a setup you just need to know how to deal with it, like Bane's nightmare.
Also a really good base for AD if you build attack speed
Works best with someone else who can stun/has a big team fight ult on the line up.

Well with no ticket today or any content on the Workshop I believe that they haven't even submitted one yet.

Not to mention this season was super late on starting as well. Navi dropping out etc.

Falk

that puzzling face
Good for scouting (especially high ground), facing tanks (HP% based damage) and reducing armour & passives which give magic resistance. Sleep is a great setup or a good follow up to a setup you just need to know how to deal with it, like Bane's nightmare.
Also a really good base for AD if you build attack speed
Works best with someone else who can stun/has a big team fight ult on the line up.

Always felt that he made agi carries even more glass cannon because base armor goes to 0.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Good hats will sell the ticket I think. I bought the last ticket based on GD hype, the first non-TI compendium and the promise of hats that I hadn't even seen yet (which all turned out to be awesome I should add).

Would it be nice if they got their shit together and put out their ticket/compendium/hats ahead of time? Sure, but it's in such a preliminary stage of the league right now that I doubt them not being available now is a death knell.

When you say a league is fucked, especially after there has been talk of teams not wanting to commit to their silly LAN schedule, it makes me think that it's actually fucked and not just that they don't have their hats ready. C'mon Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom