• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
spec and omni did not deserve these nerfs. They shifted the meta and now this unfairly happens despite the heroes being perfectly fine

These are pub nerfs akin to the SB nerf a few patches ago. Once heroes start to skirt past that 60% line... the frog doesn't like it.

Anyway, great nerfs overall, minor and major tweaks alike. Especially the TB ones, think he's pretty balanced now. As gzzz said, jungling TB is going to be difficult now. Before, I'd pick TB, enemy picks an aggro tri, and I laugh and go jungle. My 1-2 supports get some free xp and rotate to help me get fb (along with our mid) when the 2 aggro tri supports get bored and venture into the jungle. Happens every game. TB could jungle as fast as lycan before this patch.

Brew/Void might need more nerfs but we'll see, they got off the lightest here and I personally think brew needed the most nerfs.

Biggest winners imo are the carries waiting just behind these tier 1 guys: AM, Medusa, Morphling, and Ember. Maybe we'll see more of the STR carries like CK and lifestealer come back. Lycan will probably have a presence again, still a good carry, but was nerfed enough in 6.82 that he didn't get battered in 6.82d, and his rival carries getting nerfed benefits him. The skywrath nerf is great for support diversity, it's always bad for the game when there's 1-2 auto pick supports out there that instantly nab a slot.

shira

Icefraud listening to le leddits?

2AjAmGa.png

Acinixys

All these delicious tears over the Omni nerf

Fuck that hero. Literally cancer

TB and PL nerfs are also appreciated

Im suprised PA didnt get a small nerf as well. Shes the new Void imo. Impossible to deal with in the mid - lategame and still very strong early

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/962731116

This was the first game I've been tempted to throw just to spite my team. I won mid easily against a really hesitant QoP, got a ton of kills counter-diving our towers, and didn't die the whole game. AM whines the whole time and once it becomes apparent that I can 1v5 the whole enemy team he starts flaming the other team, even though he fed a bunch and had no farm. Rest of the team were a mixed bag of assholes.

I didn't even want to look at AM's build in game because I knew it would've been something terrible and I didn't want that extra push to make me want to throw the game. I checked after the match, it was
double wraith band, Vanguard, SnY

xanavi

Im suprised PA didnt get a small nerf as well. Shes the new Void imo. Impossible to deal with in the mid - lategame and still very strong early

PA is strong but I don't think she's that similar to void in mid. Void has 70 damage with a PMS whereas PA has about 53. Pre-6 you're able to trade a lot better with her than void since she can't bash you. I think a lot of standard mids (tinker, brew, viper, sf, ta) can bully PA effectively enough to slow her progression.

I think even uncommon mids like tony, clock, slark would dummy PA too.

FACE

Banned
All these delicious tears over the Omni nerf

Fuck that hero. Literally cancer

TB and PL nerfs are also appreciated

I'm pretty sure PA doesn't have a 5 sec AoE CC ability that used to ignore everything.

G.ZZZ

http://dotamax.com/hero/rate/?time=week&skill=vh

Nope still got 62.88% in Very High, highest winrate for him is in the high bracket

That's unranked, ranked he has the highest winrate in normal. And tbh, vh is still shit tier for like 90% of the games. 3.8k is really really bad in term of hero countering adn shit. You start see ppl getting diffusals for omni consistent only above 4.5k or so. But more in general pub games are incredibly passive and greedy supports with heals shine there. You won't see people trying to punish you in lanes in pubs with aggressive tris and rotation on ur carry etc...

Good nerfs, every last one of them. I suspect they may give TB a little buff in the next patch, though. They hit him like a truck.

I'm pretty surprised that anyone thought Omni wasn't gonna get trucked by the nerf stick. Have you guys not been paying attention to his winrates?

Acinixys

Good nerfs, every last one of them. I suspect they may give TB a little buff in the next patch, though. They hit him like a truck.

I'm pretty surprised that anyone thought Omni wasn't gonna get trucked by the nerf stick. Have you guys not been paying attention to his winrates?

If this is true why has Necro only been buffed in the last few patches?

Hes been in the top 3 for months but hes had more and more buffs

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If this is true why has Necro only been buffed in the last few patches?

Hes been in the top 3 for months but hes had more and more buffs

Because necro didn't jump from 56% to 65% when the patch first launched, nor has he gone above 60%. He's held steady at 58-59%, he's definitely skirting the edge, but he hasn't crossed that 60% at some point like like spectre/omni.

Funny enough though, Omni's winrate hasn't moved an inch since the nerf.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Because necro didn't jump from 56% to 65% when the patch first launched, nor has he gone above 60%. He's held steady at 58-59%, he's definitely skirting the edge, but he hasn't crossed that 60% at some point like like spectre/omni.

Funny enough though, Omni's winrate hasn't moved an inch since the nerf.

The Omni Nerf is clearly to keep him in check with the rest of the nerfs. If Icefrog didn't do it, he would already be 65% with the weaker DP/TB/Brew/Naga/Spectre/Razor!!!

Does icefrog have a history of make pub-focused balance changes after TI?
People will say spirit breaker. That was in October of last year and it was harsh. Interrupting his ult and made his bat to trash.

His pro win rate was 42 percent.

His pub win rate was around 58 percent.

Has anyone here tried support naga before?
If so how would you build her?
max net then rip tide

items are normal poor ass support items wards, wards, boots (probably arcanes or tranqs), wards

up to you after that and it mostly depends on your team and what they're building

aquila, urn, drums, vlads cheap and effective team items

the song is super important and the only reason youd pick her versus any other hero for support

use it as an escape or an initiation but you need to communicate with your team effectively to take advantage of it

just pick a lion or something instead

sixghost

Is there anyone here that really likes the new bloodseeker? He seems really interesting, but I have no idea how to skill or build him. Do you build him as a jungler with some utility in the Q and W, or is he still a right clicker that should be maxing thirst?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is there anyone here that really likes the new bloodseeker? He seems really interesting, but I have no idea how to skill or build him. Do you build him as a jungler with some utility in the Q and W, or is he still a right clicker that should be maxing thirst?

He's a roaming support you combine with heavy damage dealers like Zeus or QoP.

for the first time ever i agree with anbokr and think he should have been a new hero

old bloodseeker was super fun :(

I hit 3k today and was proud of myself and then I lost three in a row because if feeders and carries making terribad item choices (looking at you void with mkb!)

Might hit 2.8 now, gotta role the dice. Blog over.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Guys, why is there a new courier that is a bird riding on a skateboard?

Jesus, some people who play this do my head in

Had a Slark who wanted me to support tower-dive when I had about 100hp, no blink and no TPS, and wanted me reported when he died doing it because I didn't follow him.

Then he had a go at me because I took a T4 tower with a bunch of creeps when they had 4 players down, and he wanted us to draw the game out :s

Fuck that, when the match is over as a contest, finish it imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom