• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Pretty stupid that they are making teams like Secret and Tinker qualify.
In the end it's just going to be the same teams at the LAN. Nobody wants to see some noname Eastern European team at Dreamhack.

Why even bother with these seasons anymore for these major tournaments. Shit is too cluttered. Just have the online tourneys be online and do the LANs separate and invite whoever you think is the best. Why the fuck would people pay to see nobodies like Excreation at Starladder. Bring on Mushi.

To have a whole shitty season of DreamLeague, D2CL, D2L, and Summit all overlapping this is all a total shitfest. Fans don't even care who the banner or sponsors are with these pointless matches. Cloud9 didn't even qualify for Starladder, but they are going to the LAN final. All of those Starladder league games are pointless in the end.

And nobody can afford these fucking tickets anymore plus there is going to be another tournament in the same series in 3 months. These fucking greedy studios. Go find real sponsors and leave the crowdfunding for smaller tournaments and TI.

Only buying the TI compendium from here on out. Fuck this tournament scam system.

It would be cool if Valve did what they do with CS:GO and sponsored 2-3 tournaments throughout the year besides TI like a starladder, an ESL and a Summit: secret shop, money from treasure chests, maybe putting up a half million dollar prize

Then they could do the same kind of invite system (where teams that made the playoffs from the last tournament get automatically invited and the other teams have to play the qualifier) and maybe use the results to figure out which teams to invite to the TI

old bloodseeker was super fun :(

i agree :)

also, i wanna say i dont like new bloodseeker

i had some ideas for him, if you'll indulge me

bring back old bloodrage
blood rite: for x seconds, heal all nearby allies in x range equal to the damage taken by bloodseeker, divided equally between the friendly heroes
same thirst i guess
same rupture but bloodseeker heals himself for all damage dealt from bloodseeker sources to ruptured targets

Acinixys

It really sounds like the organizers of Dreamleague are a bunch of morons.

Its almost as if the admins dont even understand how the game works

Im sure if you told a professional chess player that he had to play 9 one hour games in a row he would laugh in your face and tell you to go fuck your self

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bounty is an underwhelming hero unless the enemy drafts a team that has no HP, or your team drafts something that wants to man fight hard mid game.

manfestival

is there a VOD? I'm always up to see PPD being a miserable fuck.

lol not sure. dude was rage pinging, yelling in mic, and right as his team was about to lose.... he abandoned the game. Shut off the camera/mic and just had his advertisement playing on the stream till he calmed down.

Ketch

lol not sure. dude was rage pinging, yelling in mic, and right as his team was about to lose.... he abandoned the game. Shut off the camera/mic and just had his advertisement playing on the stream till he calmed down.

damn sorry i missed that. on stream too. classic

Raytow

Oh pub rage, I was expecting that on a tournament, dissapointedkevinsorbo.gif

Does anyone know what LD and everyone else is complaining about on twitter? Is it just teams pulling out of tournaments?
It was off the back of this:

o0qRB81.png

Along with some other recent happenings such as teams pulling out of D2CL, D2L and DreamLeague.

Tournament scene is fucking crowded right now and we have more and more people trying to get involved with no real amateur -> pro system setup besides Starladder's ladder leagues (thank god that exists).

One example is VG who played over 100 matches in the last 90 days, almost no break from TI4 etc and we have new tournaments being announced everything couple of weeks with still more to come.

Teams need to start setting an example that they are no longer willing to slave themselves out to all these tournaments, I'd hate to say it but I think DreamLeague will be made an example of with multiple top tier teams pulling out (which would be their own fault for starting late, no bundle, horrible format, horrible carry over from S01 etc) unless the GD studio step in and convince people to stay.

GorillaJu

All of Nexon's items are way too elaborate. Starting with the New Bloom event cosmetics have just veered further and further out of Dota's established aesthetic. Now there's a little anime furry courier?

I mean it was always going to go that direction due to stagnation in design but even disregarding "lore" concerns so many cosmetics just don't seem like they belong in Dota 2. They get voted in by the players but the players don't always know what's best for the game.

Also BH has been a good hero forever. He doesn't fit in every line up but he's a great option to take up simply because it means you can trade in team fights and still come out ahead with track.

I really don't understand how Dreamleague's organisation is so bad, I mean they knew they were having a Season 2 so why are the qualifiers so rushed and why is there no ticket still?

Also why are Team Secret and Tinker playing through an entire Open Bracket, surely they could have invited like 8 teams or something and had the 8 top teams from the Open Bracket play them or something

Ultimatum

Banned
It was off the back of this:

o0qRB81.png

Along with some other recent happenings such as teams pulling out of D2CL, D2L and DreamLeague.

Tournament scene is fucking crowded right now and we have more and more people trying to get involved with no real amateur -> pro system setup besides Starladder's ladder leagues (thank god that exists).

One example is VG who played over 100 matches in the last 90 days, almost no break from TI4 etc and we have new tournaments being announced everything couple of weeks with still more to come.

Teams need to start setting an example that they are no longer willing to slave themselves out to all these tournaments, I'd hate to say it but I think DreamLeague will be made an example of with multiple top tier teams pulling out (which would be their own fault for starting late, no bundle, horrible format, horrible carry over from S01 etc) unless the GD studio step in and convince people to stay.

I think all of this supports the idea of Valve (and/or some esports body) to step in. Teams playing just for money isn't sustainable, they need to be playing for something else (in addition to the money) e.g. certain large tournaments should award points which determine selection to TI

I think all of this supports the idea of Valve (and/or some esports body) to step in. Teams playing just for money isn't sustainable, they need to be playing for something else (in addition to the money) e.g. certain large tournaments should award points which determine selection to TI

I don't think Valve wants to adopt the Riot model just yet, and it seems counter to their general attitude of "we'd rather crowdsource it or make an algorithm rather than micromanage anything".

Developers and publishers investing the bulk of the money in a competitive scene is just setting it up to fail, imo.

Haunted

I do like the idea of a pro tour like in Tennis or fighting games, but Valve has made it clear that they don't want to step in as a governing body.

What we're seeing here is exactly what they want: the tournament scene regulating itself, whether that comes from the side of the audience (viewership) or the teams/players itself (choosing which tournaments to participate in).

As top teams focus on the bigger lans and pull out of smaller online events (and bigger events that are shoddily organised), the organisers of those will be forced to open up for upcoming/semi-pro teams (which, overall, will strengthen the scene from the bottom up).

As long as the bubble doesn't burst completely, this is working as intended. You fuck up, your attendance will drop. If these issues persist, I predict that the next Dreamleague will run into trouble getting the big teams to participate.

Valve has made it clear that they don't want to step in as a governing body.

Across the board Valve is in favor of letting the community handle things.

That doesn't preclude them from either having to appoint a governing body or become one themselves.

Things just have to get messed up enough to force the issue.

How do you actually deal with Silencer? This hero is super fucking aggravating.

Best way to find out is to play him yourself. He suffers from a lack of slow/stun and any escape.. so if he has a team with a strong front line he can do a lot of work. People who can get in his face and do a lot of damage or ignore his spells like bristle really punish him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like some Korean guy on reddit is trying to say the new Nexon Chest comes out on the 25th.

The more interesting thing is he seems to be trying to say there will be a new hero released that day. The guy gives no souce so he could just be some foreign troll, but maybe something to keep an eye out for.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There needs to be some order to way tournaments work somehow. Even as a spectator I can't keep track of all the shit going on in the pro scene anymore. I wonder if most players are even aware of or care what tournament they are playing in during any given game. The worst part is most of these tournaments' first place prize is about what the worst team at TI gets just for showing up.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I know Valve doesn't want to but I think things would be a lot better if they involved themselves more with the pro scene. I don't see the problem with an official season either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom