• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog21

Banned
for the first time ever i agree with anbokr and think he should have been a new hero

old bloodseeker was super fun :(

I thought he was pretty lame. Any hero that doesn't really do anything except attack and have a super gay ult is dumb (see:doom, which I bet gets reworked.. )

no idea how the new BS works though.

Randdalf

Jesus, some people who play this do my head in

Had a Slark who wanted me to support tower-dive when I had about 100hp, no blink and no TPS, and wanted me reported when he died doing it because I didn't follow him.

Then he had a go at me because I took a T4 tower with a bunch of creeps when they had 4 players down, and he wanted us to draw the game out :s

Fuck that, when the match is over as a contest, finish it imo

If someone on your team is being annoying or abusive, you can mute them on the scoreboard. I had a guy in my game earlier raging at one of our team's picks for no reason, just muted him straight away and had a much more enjoyable game as a result.

Acinixys

Guys, why is there a new courier that is a bird riding on a skateboard?

Because China. But who gives a shit

Its actually really REALLY high quality. Insane textures. And when its flying the skateboard is strapped to its backpack. Cute

I can now easily own the best courier in the game
BC69BABBB4526469183769DE67A098123A60BED1

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i think they planned for a lot more things to be rewarded based on compendium level but then ppl whined and they just gave most things to anyone that bought a compendium

People are going to flip when they realize they have to pay for the PA Arcana.

edit: Traders are going to be so salty about that new Nexon Chest, all their super rare sets are going to be worth 1/10th of their current amount
laugh.gif

bbd23

need that drow raven set boys

edit: yea so why was that shitty skateboard courier allowed in the game but the original bearzky wasnt

Big Dog

The best Dark Seer set in the game is going to be affordable soon.
happytears.gif

And which set might that be? I hope you are talking about the South Korean Gombangdae Dosa set. I picked myself up that set a month or two ago and it is by far the best set for him. Cost me like 30$ or something like that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Release Earth Spirit probably?

Something like 34%.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And which set might that be? I hope you are talking about the South Korean Gombangdae Dosa set. I picked myself up that set a month or two ago and it is by far the best set for him. Cost me like 30$ or something like that.

Yep, that one. I'm hoping these Nexon chests are given out like candy, and bring the price to ~$5

There's only like 10 sets in the drop system. They took the hammer to the system, removed 5 entire sets.

I'm hoping at the end of the month Valve puts out base customization and a revamped item system.

Does anyone have a short version of what the deal with this EG Dotapit game?

Big Dog

Yep, that one. I'm hoping these Nexon chests are given out like candy, and bring the price to ~$5

Yeah I just checked that chest on the reddit overview and now I am pretty annoyed with that. Not sure why they would take multiple rare and very limited sets and suddenly release them to the masses, turning it into a much more common set than it has previously been. It would be nice for the ones that people like me already have to receive some sort of higher quality whether it's genuine or immortal or something at least. Just makes me frustrated I spent as much as I did when it is going to instantly plummet in value.

Yeah I just checked that chest on the reddit overview and now I am pretty annoyed with that. Not sure why they would take multiple rare and very limited sets and suddenly release them to the masses, turning it into a much more common set than it has previously been. It would be nice for the ones that people like me already have to receive some sort of higher quality whether it's genuine or immortal or something at least. Just makes me frustrated I spent as much as I did when it is going to instantly plummet in value.

Rules to live by

If it isn't immortal, it will be re-released.

shira

It doesn't say anywhere that it will be Valve Dota Store release.

I can now easily own the best courier in the game
Why easily? It's still the rare drop in a chest with no price that is most probably Korea Nexon-only. The chest could be $10-20 which means the item prices will stay the same.

The last Nexon chest is $15 on the market.

Does anyone have a short version of what the deal with this EG Dotapit game?

eg was facing some no name finns who were put in the "western europe" group

the rules say any us-western euro game will have to be in the us east server

eg played a game and won

then on the second game realized they were on euw instead of use and just quit out instantly and said talk to our manager or something

i dunno its all silly

Hupsel

Man, that was so much fun. Just causing havoc all over the map.

It took Scrubpsel until like 30 minutes into the game before he got a rampage.

Literally no skill.

150 Lunaifu games, 0 rampages.
1 PA game, 1 Rampage.
:/

And sorry TUSR and Steve stack, last game my game had horrible lag problems holy shit. Literally between 500-700ms the entire time. Even after rebooting my pc AND internet it continued. Makes Dota even shittier than it already is. I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy.
cry.gif

Razzer

so i really enjoy slark

A good hero to like. Versatile, fun, aggressive, with the ability to take a stranglehold on the game, and great voicework to boot. And you can do like 5 different builds that would all be considered 'core' builds, which is very rare, so he always feels fresh. Honestly I think he's one of the best designed Dota heroes in general.

Dec

Ya I had to own that skateboarding bird courier. Looks amazing, he does Rodney Mullen freestyle tricks in his idle animations.

My dota every now and then just locks up for a solid 5 seconds, any idea what causes such a thing?

This happened to me and I almost went crazy looking for a fix. Eventually I noticed that when I disabled my backup program (CrashPlan) while playing the hitches when away. I suspect that it might have been HDD usage. I then readjusted the folders that were set up for backup to not include folders that were changing very often, and it seems to be fine now.

A good hero to like. Versatile, fun, aggressive, with the ability to take a stranglehold on the game, and great voicework to boot. And you can do like 5 different builds that would all be considered 'core' builds, which is very rare, so he always feels fresh. Honestly I think he's one of the best designed Dota heroes in general.

I've honestly never played Slark. He makes me think he's like Riki where his only role is to annoy new players so I'm curious as to why you think he's one of the best designed heroes.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I've honestly never played Slark. He makes me think he's like Riki where his only role is to annoy new players so I'm curious as to why you think he's one of the best designed heroes.
Can go Blink or SB
Can build a lot of different carry items
Passive lets you lane / jungle / have insane map presence and know where enemy vision is
Pretty high skill cap due to knowing when and what you can go in on and escape from
Can solo carry a game

Aselith

Annoy them? Yes, I guess getting my bootheel through the back of their skull would be pretty annoying. Riki will have his revenge for this insolence!

Anno

It's kind of crazy how much I can feel my game knowledge progressing in this silly game. Just because there's so much to learn, I'm sure. Every game I seem to be able to take something away from even if i don't play great.

Also, that feeling of a whole team blobbing blindly uphill into a 5-man macropyre/icepath/Shiva/dual breath. QoP and DK may have arrived to get credit for the kills but deep down we all know who won that fight

Razzer

Well, he's a ganking semi carry that's also kinda a full carry in the right circumstances, and matches up well late game against even some of the best heroes despite being best known for snowballing. His entire skillset is oriented around the idea of no down time. You should be getting treads, either a basi/aquila or bottle, maybe one fighting item then start roaming around getting shit done. I mentioned his large amount of builds, and it's true. You can go shadowblade first, and wreck with it. You can go blink first, and wreck with it. You can go drums, and wreck with it. You can go bkb first if you have to, and wreck with it. You can go Yasha first, and wreck with it. You can go Midas first, and wreck with it. Any of these would be common first items depending on the player. Other heroes can get more than 1 build, but they are often situational. Whereas if you wanted to get into that with Slark, you can add Skadi first, orchid first and even vlads first. And from there it just gets better. You could build different combinations of the mentioned items for your overall build, but also strongly consider abyssal, butterfly, Daedalus, Manta, S&Y, Hex, Halberd, Diffusal, whatever. He has incredible utility due to the fact that he can be built to be relevant at any stage of the game and provide either damage or lockdown.

As for his playstyle, it's about always being active. His ult means that you can dive with impunity, and the passive means you can enter a fight, keep going till you get low, sneak off, regen up, then go back in, the ultimate regoose hero. Pounce is a medium skill cap ability that makes you feel pro without actually being super hard to hit, dark pact has a very high skill cap once you start predicting the enemies reactions, when they will stun etc. You are a dewarding machine, able to find out wherever the enemy has vision, so people who enjoy the more tactical side of the game will like him. And finally, the way his stat steal works encourages a constant search for ganks. You use the stats from the last kill to look for a new one. In long protracted team fights you can steal enough stats to hit like an absolute monster.

And did I mention he can go 1v5, kill 2 people, and get out safely when he's farmed? And that dark pact is actually a pretty good aoe farming tool so he can farm fast even when behind? And he works offlane, mid or safelane? And his voice work is amazing?

What a fucking hero.

TUSR

Banned
150 Lunaifu games, 0 rampages.
1 PA game, 1 Rampage.
:/

And sorry TUSR and Steve stack, last game my game had horrible lag problems holy shit. Literally between 500-700ms the entire time. Even after rebooting my pc AND internet it continued. Makes Dota even shittier than it already is. I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy.
cry.gif

Not ez game nor ez life

Aselith

It's kind of crazy how much I can feel my game knowledge progressing in this silly game. Just because there's so much to learn, I'm sure. Every game I seem to be able to take something away from even if i don't play great.

Also, that feeling of a whole team blobbing blindly uphill into a 5-man macropyre/icepath/Shiva/dual breath. QoP and DK may have arrived to get credit for the kills but deep down we all know who won that fight

Have you learned blind hatred of anyone from South America and the ability to second guess split second decisions with 20/20 hindsight yet? If not, you've not reached the pinnacle.

FACE

Banned
I looked at the dotabuff page for one of my recent games and saw this:

jbeKJXFrEzDWQ5.png

I wonder if that reallly happened or if the site just went nuts.

And did I mention he can go 1v5, kill 2 people, and get out safely when he's farmed? And that dark pact is actually a pretty good aoe farming tool so he can farm fast even when behind? And he works offlane, mid or safelane? And his voice work is amazing?

What a fucking hero.

Dark Pact is a great skill, you can even purge Dusa ulti and Lasso :D

Anno

Have you learned blind hatred of anyone from South America and the ability to second guess split second decisions with 20/20 hindsight yet? If not, you've not reached the pinnacle.

I've seemingly had goodluck with people in general so far, and I'm more upset with stuff like Meepo getting a 25 minute Mek after I've had mine for 10. Though my last game started out with "who else is pinoy?" followed by "me," "me!" "I am!" I was dubious to begin with but it quickly became apparent they were all playing together.

shira

Does anyone know what LD and everyone else is complaining about on twitter? Is it just teams pulling out of tournaments?

Pretty stupid that they are making teams like Secret and Tinker qualify.
In the end it's just going to be the same teams at the LAN. Nobody wants to see some noname Eastern European team at Dreamhack.

Why even bother with these seasons anymore for these major tournaments. Shit is too cluttered. Just have the online tourneys be online and do the LANs separate and invite whoever you think is the best. Why the fuck would people pay to see nobodies like Excreation at Starladder. Bring on Mushi.

To have a whole shitty season of DreamLeague, D2CL, D2L, and Summit all overlapping this is all a total shitfest. Fans don't even care who the banner or sponsors are with these pointless matches. Cloud9 didn't even qualify for Starladder, but they are going to the LAN final. All of those Starladder league games are pointless in the end.

And nobody can afford these fucking tickets anymore plus there is going to be another tournament in the same series in 3 months. These fucking greedy studios. Go find real sponsors and leave the crowdfunding for smaller tournaments and TI.

Only buying the TI compendium from here on out. Fuck this tournament scam system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom