• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

Supports who stop buying wards as some sort of passive-aggressive statement against their team are infuriating.

I'd rather you didn't support in the first place if you're going to hold over the team's head a core purpose of your position.

Kard8p3

To be fair the Mek nerf really hurt non-int heroes. On Abbadon I never seem to have enough mana to use it.

I do this too, but mainly when I'm dead and can't put them up. Or ensuring two people have dust on the team.
Can someone explain to me why dust needs a cool down?

bc it gives people who can remove dust from themselves a chance to get away.

Big Dog

I do this too, but mainly when I'm dead and can't put them up. Or ensuring two people have dust on the team.

Yeah removing the cooldown from dust would cancel the personal effects of owning a diffusal blade. Being someone like Riki or even Slark just having a purge, they would be worthless if all that you needed to do was spend one dust to force them to diffusal or purge.

Supports who stop buying wards as some sort of passive-aggressive statement against their team are infuriating.

I'd rather you didn't support in the first place if you're going to hold over the team's head a core purpose of your position.

I'm not doing it as a passive aggressive thing, I'm doing it because they aren't having an impact and I'm looking to maximize what little farm I get. If no one looks at the map then wards are a waste of money.

JC Sera

bc it gives people who can remove dust from themselves a chance to get away.
Yeah removing the cooldown from dust would cancel the personal effects of owning a diffusal blade. Being someone like Riki or even Slark just having a purge, they would be worthless if all that you needed to do was spend one dust to force them to diffusal or purge.
It just always bemused me a bit that you can get around the cool down by having two people hold dust. But that is precious item slots taken up tbf.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
hahahahahahahah

I freaking wish

Is this due to the oversaturation of artists in the workshop? Your and other artists' plight sounds like the same issues plaguing other fields of visual art.

kvk1

I'm not doing it as a passive aggressive thing, I'm doing it because they aren't having an impact and I'm looking to maximize what little farm I get. If no one looks at the map then wards are a waste of money.

I can completely sympathize with teammates who seem like they have the lower left portion of their monitor duct taped or something.

Having said that, I don't think warding at any point of the game should be seen as optional and/or secondary, no matter how much you think the team isn't taking advantage of them. Especially if you're a 5 position and not a special case scenario like a Sand King rushing a blink dagger or something.

Having good vision over the map, ideally better than the opponent, is a huge component in comeback games.

The chances of you carrying the 4 other people as a support by finishing your secondary item 10-15 minutes early is less than keeping constant vision on the map to give your 1 and 2 position the breathing room to catch up and tilt the game in your favor.

Zoon

Sniper agh's: Reduces manacost for assassinate and gives 25% chance to hit a random target in 300 radius of the initial target when headshot procs or assassinate hits a target. What do you think?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sniper agh's: Reduces manacost for assassinate and gives 25% chance to hit a random target in 300 radius of the initial target when headshot procs or assassinate hits a target. What do you think?

Fuck percent change, if you wanted something like that just make it bounce to the nearest valid enemy unit within a 300 AoE always.

shira

Sniper agh's: able to assasinate towers if they are under 1000hp

Anno

Every potato tier game has a sniper, and he's always in my lane. Wtf.

Edit: always wanted Furion aghs to do the same thing plus make all abilities global

shira

Arteezy is playing Necrophos, good lord that hero is powerful.

In other news: dosh, grab it while you can lads.

tumblr_lz49ii7dwa1qgp9hfo1_500.gif

bounchfx

Is this due to the oversaturation of artists in the workshop? Your and other artists' plight sounds like the same issues plaguing other fields of visual art.

apparently they've been working on a system for sharing this information to us

for over two years and still nothing
I've only heard of one person getting a breakdown, and it was as bare bones as you could get, and he had to beg for it. Myself and others have tried asking but they just say no... :\

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
LOSE EVERYGAME, DUAL MID 5.5K WOHOOO LOSE EVERY GAMEEEEE

Necro sucks.

Why not just not play ranked for a few weeks. The people who bought all the boosted accounts will likely have tanked 90% of them by then. Or do you secretly exploit the fact that the enemy team is 20% more likely to have a boosted account and thus you get ez mmr.

shira

I've only heard of one person getting a breakdown, and it was as bare bones as you could get, and he had to beg for it. Myself and others have tried asking but they just say no... :\

coin-flip-mcduck.gif

Valve: Here you go artist, keep the change

It shouldn't be far off now. They just finished redoing a lot of the backend stuff and one of the main reasons is for that tool.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Almost managed to make a really big come back as slark, turned basher into Abysal, kill super farmed jugg twice, then immediately turned abyssal back into basher and a DR. I ended up getting decreeped by my own team mate when killing the T4s which threw me off guard. Game ended 35-63 (Though I got my DR back at least)

I should not play Slark when I'm tired, and need to actually pay attention to disables to purge them off instead of just spamming the spell so much.

Acinixys

450% damage as opposed to 300% was a kneejerk nerf.

Imp just because youre a TB abuser and dont want him nerfed more doesnt mean he wasnt deserving of one

Plus TB with Skadi, Manta and Butterfly is still extremely hard to deal with

I had a game as Kunkka with a Divine,2 Daedelus and a MKB and was still having issues killing just his illusions, never mind the hero himself

ViviOggi

To be fair the Mek nerf really hurt non-int heroes. On Abbadon I never seem to have enough mana to use it.

Even on Necroboss I had huge mana issues the other day, can't really justify Arcanes over Phase as mobility is key on him. Maybe I should have grabbed an early Talisman or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom