• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Imp just because youre a TB abuser and dont want him nerfed more doesnt mean he wasnt deserving of one

Plus TB with Skadi, Manta and Butterfly is still extremely hard to deal with

I had a game as Kunkka with a Divine,2 Daedelus and a MKB and was still having issues killing just his illusions, never mind the hero himself
he mad

GorillaJu

Even on Necroboss I had huge mana issues the other day, can't really justify Arcanes over Phase as mobility is key on him. Maybe I should have grabbed an early Talisman or something.

I'm a huge fan of Arcanes on Necro personally. Win rate shot up since I switched from Phase.

Imp just because youre a TB abuser and dont want him nerfed more doesnt mean he wasnt deserving of one

Plus TB with Skadi, Manta and Butterfly is still extremely hard to deal with

I had a game as Kunkka with a Divine,2 Daedelus and a MKB and was still having issues killing just his illusions, never mind the hero himself

A carry with 16k worth of items should not be easy to deal with. I just think that the nerf was really harsh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
you know you're in for a good game when you have to reroll out of slark because two other teammates pick riki and bounty, and then your support leaves at level 4

8f70c6ea.gif

And if it was too harsh? Who cares, there are 107 other heroes to play.

I love playing him. I love ratting, I love wrecking late game and I'm an extremely selfish player who does not rely on potentially unreliable team mates. TB was one of the heroes who could win games single-handedly if played correctly. Obviously not the only hero to accomplish that but surely, one of the most fun to me. Naga needs a timely Radiance and your team needs to make enough space for you to farm it which is why she was worse in pubs than TB.

Furthermore, you could just jungle him if your team drafted shitty ass lanes. I always pick and play greedily and barely ever leave winning to my team mates.

GorillaJu

I love playing him. I love ratting, I love wrecking late game and I'm an extremely selfish player who does not rely on potentially unreliable team mates. TB was one of the heroes who could win games single-handedly if played correctly. Obviously not the only hero to accomplish that but surely, one of the most fun to me. Naga needs a timely Radiance and your team needs to make enough space for you to farm it which is why she was worse in pubs than before.

Furthermore, you could just jungle him if your team drafted shitty ass lanes. I always pick and play greedily and barely ever leave winning to my team mates.

A++++++++++ credit to Dota would play with again

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so hang on, your complaint is, you think the nerf was unfair because it's no longer possible (or reasonably easy) for you to win the entire 5v5 team game on your own?

so hang on, your complaint is, you think the nerf was unfair because it's no longer possible (or reasonably easy) for you to win the entire 5v5 team game on your own?
You can't push towers early unless they are not guarded. Any hero with an AEO nuke gets rid of your illusions at an instant until you stack a lot of stats. It's a crazy harsh nerf.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You can't push towers early unless they are not guarded. Any hero with an AEO nuke gets rid of your illusions at an instant until you stack a lot of stats. It's a crazy harsh nerf.

So what you're saying is, heroes who work well against illusions, also work well against TB illusions? And I am supposed to feel as though this is unfair?

So what you're saying is, heroes who work well against illusions, also work well against TB illusions?

Not really sure what you are on about tbh. 450% means it's easier to get rid of his illusions and he can't jungle effectively which I find disappointing. Surely that's a statement simple enough for you not to misinterpret again? He probably needed a mild nerf but instead he got nerfed extremely harshly.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Not really sure what you are on about tbh. 450% means it's easier to get rid of his illusions and he can't jungle effectively which I find disappointing. He probably needed a mild nerf but instead he got nerfed extremely harshly. Just how much more often do you want to delibaretely misinterpret my postings?

I'm sorry if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, it's just that what you seem to be complaining about is that heroes with AOE nukes are now hard counters to your illusions which...seems about right to me?

I'm sorry if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, it's just that what you seem to be complaining about is that heroes with AOE nukes are now hard counters to your illusions which...seems about right to me?

I don't really get why you are doing this.

edit: Actually, you might've as well put a full stop at the end of your post to not irritate me as much because I'm genuinely tired of answering questions. If your opinion is that he was nerfed correctly, so be it. I think he's gonna vanish from the pro scene gradually. He was never a thing in pubs to begin with.

It seems very early for another balance patch, especially for someone just added to CM. I mean first ban for one month == nerf bat is a bit knee jerk.

I'm not saying he wasn't too good, in fact I wouldn't be that surprised if he hasn't hit his full potential and ends up needing to be nerfed a bit more next time, but I think they could have let it sit for a bit longer.

On the plus side the new sunder range seems pretty nice. It's a fucking good spell, I don't think it's that easy to play around at all.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
TB is the most cancerous hero in the game. They could delete him for all I care. Nerf more please and anybody that mourns his loss is a verified shitter.

manfestival

last night I had a terrorblade that jungled on our team. He ended up becoming super strong and had insane farm like usual. I dont understand TB and why its so hard for valve to balance him. Dude was even killed a bunch early on by ganks

TB is the most cancerous hero in the game. They could delete him for all I care. Nerf more please and anybody that mourns his loss is a verified shitter.

He was barely played in pubs and had an unimpressive pub winrate after the 1st round of nerfs. I can't believe you encountered TBs that regularly. According to Dotabuff plus, I played a whopping 11 (!) matches against him with my 2500 games main account. Prior to his inclusion into CM, he was like #90+ in terms of matches played among all heroes. Nobody played him and I genuinely doubt the hero is any good in <VH bracket given that you need moderate micro skills to maximize your farm.

Demoli

Terrorblade undoubtedly deserved a nerf, that much is true. Dude was hella broken even after his str nerf.

I am of the opinion however that the damage taken enrf was way too big, and I'd liek to see it scaled back in trade of mana cost on Reflection, which I think it's the main problem since he can spam those non stop after thread switching+ aquilla regen.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
He was barely played in pubs and had an unimpressive pub winrate after the 1st round of nerfs. I can't believe you encountered TBs that regularly. According to Dotabuff plus, I played a whopping 11 (!) matches against him with my 2500 games main account. Prior to his inclusion into CM, he was like #90+ in terms of matches played among all heroes. Nobody played him and I genuinely doubt the hero is any good in <VH bracket given that you need moderate micro skills to maximize your farm.

Nothing to do with the frequency that I see him or how often I get beat by him. He's a trash hero whose only purpose is to punish fun. F-, back to the drawing board on this one, IF.

Calidor

TB is still incredibly strong

last night I was drunk as fuck and I was 1-8 at 20 mins (damn you Slark) and all tier 3 towers down.

still ended winning with rapier skadi butter and daedalus

To be fair letting Tinker play with a full lineup would also be unfair to the other team.

The admins basically screwed up and just kept making terrible decisions trying to fix it

Team Tinker wanted to postpone a game, admin said they could, other team was not asked. Other team then said that they couldn't postpone because they had two players travelling the next day, Tinker were told to play, and couldn't so were given forfeit

Next day the forfeit was reversed but the other team couldn't field a full lineup which would have given Tinker an unfair advantage so the admins made the stupid decision of forcing Tinker to use standins

Basically Tinker should have never been told they could delay the game, and the admins just kept finding ways to make it worse

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
TB is fine, arguably still too strong, we'll see.

Hero was probably the most op thing in dota for a looong time, i enjoyed my free wins while they lasted (aka a whole year). I haven't played post-nerf TB yet, but i suspect he's still pretty auto win. In typical icefrog fashion, his strengths didn't get nerfed at all, and once he has skadii, his illusions are still hella tanky. You can't just get treads + aquila + yasha now and expect to automatically win the game now, skadii is to TB what radiance is to Naga (though even now, TB is still a better early game fighter/pusher than naga is).

He's still one of the biggest late game monstrosities and best tower pushers in the game, it's just a little more difficult to get him to mid to late game now, as it should be. "Hey guys let's prevent the TB from getting uhhh, treads I guess. O shit he has treads, well guess we lost." Now you actually have a nice goal to aim for when shutting down this hard carry, prevent his illusions from getting too tanky. Nothing has changed late game for TB aside from his 5th or 6th item perhaps going from Daedalus to satanic/heart.

Anyhow, milk and I were arguing about TB a bunch a day or two ago, and we both agreed he's still good, but milk thinks he's still fp/fb; I think he's second round pick/ban and more situaional like post-nerf Lycan. We'll see what happens at the latest LAN, maybe we're both wrong.

manfestival

So whats the argument going against picking up vanguard on spectre? Especially if there are no other crimson guard heroes on your team. I feel like that item has semi late game viability

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There are other items that let you kill people better/farm faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom