• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Do people still skip snake? Maxing it with treads speeds up her early game farm tremendously, which is something she needs badly. I could see getting more points in E early if you are expecting to get harassed constantly, but that's it.

snake is probably her best ability sans ultimate now

the buff to it last patch was a godsend and it gives her some tremendous lane/early game presence

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's worth leveling now, in lane.

It lets you bully people like nobody's business.

Goddard

Did Fly officially change his name again to Simba or is it just a temporary thing? BotFly has a better ring to it than FlySimba.

EDIT: also holy shit they finally fixed the save button so that it actually closes the dialogue box after hitting save, thank god.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Yea, Merlini is a fucking moron.

It's like no shit Medusa does a lot of damage 5 minutes earlier than for most "normal players". He didn't do that awful Linken's build which delays any meaningful damage by 5-10 minutes. He built damage-boosting items early and often and they couldn't do shit about it. That's how you play Dusa. Though I prefer a dom helm in there with yasha. Mostly because pubs can't be relied on for stacking.

But yea, build a fast yasha and aquila and you join team fights from 12 minutes on. It's how I've been playing Dusa for the last year to rather effective results.

Fuck Linken's, people. Yasha --> Bfly/Skadi --> Skadi/Bfly/MKB/Daed --> (whatever is left) and you'll win much more often than not.

edit:

qCuDRI7.png

not all wins, but the work done is almost always consistent. Even with teams of intentional feeders.

+1

ty

Yea, Merlini is a fucking moron.

It's like no shit Medusa does a lot of damage 5 minutes earlier than for most "normal players". He didn't do that awful Linken's build which delays any meaningful damage by 5-10 minutes. He built damage-boosting items early and often and they couldn't do shit about it. That's how you play Dusa. Though I prefer a dom helm in there with yasha. Mostly because pubs can't be relied on for stacking.

But yea, build a fast yasha and aquila and you join team fights from 12 minutes on. It's how I've been playing Dusa for the last year to rather effective results.

Fuck Linken's, people. Yasha --> Bfly/Skadi --> Skadi/Bfly/MKB/Daed --> (whatever is left) and you'll win much more often than not.

edit:

qCuDRI7.png

not all wins, but the work done is almost always consistent. Even with teams of intentional feeders.

+1

1 of 3 matches with crits were lost. Stats ftw?

Goddard

SimbaaaaCharlie, watch gerg

What does that have to do with it? Man I just don't get this. I personally liked n0tail as a nickname but he didnt so I can see why he changed it, although I think changing his name had a disastrous effect on his reputation. Fly though? Fly is the kind of name that you can only keep if you are a very famous member of the community, why would you change it?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Somebody come play Dota with me right now. I'm so lonely.
cry.gif

sixghost

Can I get some advice for building shadow fiend? Specifically, when should I start with wraith band vs branches and regen. Also, what do I make after bkb? I've been going butterfly right after.

Goddard

Can I get some advice for building shadow fiend? Specifically, when should I start with wraith band vs branches and regen. Also, what do I make after bkb? I've been going butterfly right after.

The question basically comes down to harass ratios and rune control. If you are up against a relatively weak melee hero where you can last hit your ass off and not worry about dying, you aren't going to be as worried about regen. If you can control runes quite well, rushing a bottle makes a lot of sense, however sometimes high agility can in theory be better so in those cases you won't have to get regen. Also what you get after bkb is totally situational, there's a lot of factors to consider:
  • What did I get before bkb?
  • What time did I get bkb?
  • What am I lacking?
  • What heroes am I up against?
  • What heroes am I allied with?
  • How much gpm am I getting?

This is the kind of thing you just have to figure out yourself as you learn more about the hero and the game. Never just follow one rigid build.

sixghost

The question basically comes down to harass ratios and rune control. If you are up against a relatively weak melee hero where you can last hit your ass off and not worry about dying, you aren't going to be as worried about regen. If you can control runes quite well, rushing a bottle makes a lot of sense, however sometimes high agility can in theory be better so in those cases you won't have to get regen. Also what you get after bkb is totally situational, there's a lot of factors to consider:
  • What did I get before bkb?
  • What time did I get bkb?
  • What am I lacking?
  • What heroes am I up against?
  • What heroes am I allied with?
  • How much gpm am I getting?

This is the kind of thing you just have to figure out yourself as you learn more about the hero and the game. Never just follow one rigid build.
Thanks, I never really played him much before this week. So far my plan has basically been butterfly if they have lots of right click or bashes, daedalus if my team has enough control for me to get greedy with damage, deso if they have too many int/str heroes, and AC if they have someone like DP and we desperately need armor.

I still don't know when I can sneak a blink dagger in before the BKB. I really enjoy using it on him, but the BKB comes so late if you aren't getting kills with the blink.

Hylian7

EdnVLwe.png

I usually do well on this hero, then get to him in the AHC and this happens. This is fucking suffering.

Also: wtf, you can't repick in AP ranked? I had no idea.

NgqAYyJ.png

Unless there's something I'm not aware of it should work.

its still an orb

it stacks with skadi because dota (something something effects vs modifiers something something)

its not terrible because you can get one normal attack, get the deso debuff, and then turn on searing and it will do more damage

but hell medallion is cheaper

id rather have a daedalus tho

or a butterfly

or a mkb

hell even a manta or something

edit gettin schooled by the ol hylian

Hylian7

its still an orb

it stacks with skadi because dota (something something effects vs modifiers something something)

its not terrible because you can get one normal attack, get the deso debuff, and then turn on searing and it will do more damage

but hell medallion is cheaper

id rather have a daedalus tho

Did you read the patch notes for 6.82?

Acinixys

I have yet to really develop a preference either way. Phase for better chasing and gap-closing (especially if being kited). Treads for better utility. STR/Int when you need it for defensive purposes, and attack speed and damage from Agi is great for farming.

They're both good. In looking back, I think I usually go treads vs heavy nuke lanes just to ensure survival. Phase usually against everything else. Phase's ability to help you get into the middle of a fight is really important imo.

What lane do you go to Dreams?

I like going mid with her and AFK farming ala mid Naga because no one ganks mid in pubs and you can trade harass easily with maxed snake

DK, Alchemist, CK, Lifestealer, Nighstalker, Huskar, Kunkka, and to a lesser extent WK and Sven.

It's like they vanished.

I wish Sven would come back

Hes like the manly version of PA. Nothing beats seeing a Sven go red and then get a one hit triple kill

The spell is a bit complex to get right, I prefer to skip it totally. It does sound good if all the jumps are done.
Don't skip it anymore. Max it first.

0-4-2-1 opening. Going into

2-4-2-1. Then max shield, then split shot. By far the best approach now. Highly recommended.

What lane do you go to Dreams?

I like going mid with her and AFK farming ala mid Naga because no one ganks mid in pubs and you can trade harass easily with maxed snake
Safe carry. Max snakes + Aquila are good for keeping you safe against all but the most aggressive of 3-man ganks.

JC Sera

Guys why is Luna dead this patch? I miss her
Most of my Luna games go pretty well. I think she's underestimated this patch.
She's dead because there are better damage dealing ranged agi carries who are not as squishy as her, and not as ultimate dependant.

Wok

1 of 3 matches with crits were lost. Stats ftw?

Builiding crits on Dusa is a bit stupid because it does not synergize with the split shot.

Don't skip it anymore. Max it first.

0-4-2-1 opening. Going into

2-4-2-1. Then max shield, then split shot. By far the best approach now. Highly recommended.

Safe carry. Max snakes + Aquila are good for keeping you safe against all but the most aggressive of 3-man ganks.

I will have to try this.

Fee

Random question for you guys in the higher skill brackets.

How often does no one buy courier or wards?

or

You call mid, mark yourself on the map and someone decides its their lane anyway once the game starts?

Madouu

90% of the time, I buy the wards at the start of the game regardless of what hero I'm playing. People are too slow to buy their items anyway so it lets me get in position to place them and then go to my lane as opposed to having to wait for someone to buy them and then pass them to me.

You get people that fight for mid in every single bracket, even at 5k and 6k. I don't think calling mid first reserves you the right to go there by the way, that is kindergarten logic.

When you're spectating and you click a hero to check their items/abilities, how do you get it to go back to switching that part of the HUD depending which hero is being focussed on?

GorillaJu

I like new Bloodcyka a lot. Haven't played the new patch until yesterday and I'm just trying out continuous BS games. Carry and Jungle roam both worked great.

Wok

This is what I do when nobody picks the aegis for 5 seconds against a team of invisible heroes or against heroes carrying blink dagger.

tmn6hUE.png

EIpwB98.png

XTVv0mQ.png

I have to say the team was really toxic from the start. I had them muted except for one who was actually playing.

inkls

You get people that fight for mid in every single bracket, even at 5k and 6k. I don't think calling mid first reserves you the right to go there by the way, that is kindergarten logic.

I usually just ask the team if they're ok with it and if they reply yes its usually fine. I'll let others grab it if they want, but only issue I've ever had were people who don't say a word during hero pick and then pick a mid and run there. Ruins so many team comps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom