• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

can we just take a moment to appreciate that since valve added servers for peruvians the games have been so much better.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
That's a good website but blanket stats like that don't really tell much.

uhhh, stats usually tell a lot

granted, 18 games isn't enough of a sample size, but it's better than nothing. certainly more substance than a raw "luna is good," "luna is bad," from my gut conjecture

bbd23

Funnik...what a player
happytears.gif

Ketch

I have a confession to make....

I played a bunch of heroes of the storm yesterday, and it wasn't terrible. They must have changed something since the last time I played it because it no longer feels like everbody is shuffling through molasses. Maybe the only reason I liked it so much is because the other people at lvl 1 where terrible. I got a first blood quadrakill in my first game as the antimage equivalent.

Maybe I should just make a dota smurf account... but my main account is already at the bottom of the barrel match making wise anyway so I don't know what it would change.

I'm such a fucking casual.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's the proper sequence for a storm spirit combo?

DPS:
R -> Hit -> Q -> Hit -> W -> Hit -> Orchid -> Repeat Q and R

Burst:
R -> Q while in Ball Lightning -> Hit -> W -> Hit -> Orchid -> Repeat Q and R

Disable:
R -> W/Orchid while in Ball Lightning -> Hit -> Q -> Hit -> Orchid/W, whichever is off cooldown -> Repeat Q and R

Only difference bet the first two is you drop a Remnant ASAP instead of waiting for the Overload hit for immediate damage and a quicker cooldown. Only makes sense if Q is close to maxed, otherwise Overload will still do more damage.

bbd23

I have a confession to make....

I played a bunch of heroes of the storm yesterday, and it wasn't terrible. They must have changed something since the last time I played it because it no longer feels like everbody is shuffling through molasses. Maybe the only reason I liked it so much is because the other people at lvl 1 where terrible. I got a first blood quadrakill in my first game as the antimage equivalent.

Maybe I should just make a dota smurf account... but my main account is already at the bottom of the barrel match making wise anyway so I don't know what it would change.

I'm such a fucking casual.

I dont understand that game...I just see a lot of ponies. Whats it like? more like league or is it its own thing entirely?

Ketch

I dont understand that game...I just see a lot of ponies. Whats it like? more like league or is it its own thing entirely?

it really doesn't feel much like a moba at all really... thinking about it now, it's almost like the maps (lanes, creeps) are the most out of place part of that game... it feels more like a top down team deathmatch/capture the flag/king of the hill type game.

The "lanning phase" lasts all of 30 seconds. Since you don't need last hits you can pretty much play every lane as if it were hard solo offlane and just soak xp... and then typically first blood kicks off a team fight and some objective is gonna pop up at like the 1 or 2 minutes and now lanning is over and it's time to alternate between "capping the flag" and pushing lanes.

I really see no strategy outside of what you would find in a match of COD capture the point mode... get the objective, keep the other team from getting the objective. If you can't win a team fight you're pretty f'd because winning the central objective four or five times on it's own is enough for an automatic win.

Fee

You get people that fight for mid in every single bracket, even at 5k and 6k. I don't think calling mid first reserves you the right to go there by the way, that is kindergarten logic.

I probably should have gone more in depth with my comment. I didn't mean, I called mid and no one else can have it. A couple of times while picking heroes I marked myself on the map, and let them know I was going mid. Not a single other person said anything or marked themselves on the map. The games began and I purchased items for being mid and went to the lane to ready myself to block creeps. 30 seconds later another hero walks all the way out to the tower and just claims the lane. When trying to communicate with the person one of the times all I got back was what appeared to be a attempt at a insult in English but I had no clue what it was.

I probably should have gone more in depth with my comment. I didn't mean, I called mid and no one else can have it. A couple of times while picking heroes I marked myself on the map, and let them know I was going mid. Not a single other person said anything or marked themselves on the map. The games began and I purchased items for being mid and went to the lane to ready myself to block creeps. 30 seconds later another hero walks all the way out to the tower and just claims the lane. When trying to communicate with the person one of the times all I got back was what appeared to be a attempt at a insult in English but I had no clue what it was.

Yeah that happens too lol.

It's unfortunate but it is what it is. My recommendation would be to play in stacks with friends.

Post your steam id and we can get you in some games!

Satch

Banned

what heroes were the two of you playing

Kard8p3

Man I think i hit my first big wall in DOTA, finding it harder and harder to get better. Also still haven't found what heroes work best for me in solo q. I'm thinking maybe lycan/slark/kaolin/enigma.

Razzer

well you play whoever loses the gaf vs Yolo game

that happens in less than two hours it was just confirmed!

we might be able to play tomorrow

we kind of just wanna get this thing over with

Like I said, when are we playing you :p

Nah but we're in the same boat, at least I am.

shira

I wonder if this kind of stuff happens because people legitimately don't think they'd get caught, or if it happens all the time but people only got caught a handful of times.

What if EE is the most prolific better in the DOTA community

Pro players bet on dota2lounge, bet cash at LANs. This is nothing new. I doubt you could change anything. I bet Solo even still bets.

They only got caught because it was too obvious, several new accounts betting max money.

Guys is there tricks to landing pounces other then 'get good'?

No. Practice will grant you the feel you need. Gotta get used to Slark's turn speed and how to line up the pounce. Obviously the closer you are to the target, the more likely you will be successful. Other than that, no, practice makes perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom