• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

team secret is just too good. Definitely a top 8 contender with their performances. Team tinker needs to remove bulba and recruit someone that doesnt suck

♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ヽ༼ಢ_ಢ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ TEAM TINKER RARES ヽ༼ಢ_ಢ༽ノ☂ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌ ♌

"Kuroky makes dusa look OP"

Yea, Merlini is a fucking moron.

It's like no shit Medusa does a lot of damage 5 minutes earlier than for most "normal players". He didn't do that awful Linken's build which delays any meaningful damage by 5-10 minutes. He built damage-boosting items early and often and they couldn't do shit about it. That's how you play Dusa. Though I prefer a dom helm in there with yasha. Mostly because pubs can't be relied on for stacking.

But yea, build a fast yasha and aquila and you join team fights from 12 minutes on. It's how I've been playing Dusa for the last year to rather effective results.

Fuck Linken's, people. Yasha --> Bfly/Skadi --> Skadi/Bfly/MKB/Daed --> (whatever is left) and you'll win much more often than not.

edit:

qCuDRI7.png

not all wins, but the work done is almost always consistent. Even with teams of intentional feeders.

did you see them play VG dude? lets wait for Starladder LAN before crowning them against mediocre Euro teams

+1

FACE

Banned

It's like no shit Medusa does a lot of damage 5 minutes earlier than for most "normal players". He didn't do that awful Linken's build which delays any meaningful damage by 5-10 minutes. He built damage-boosting items early and often and they couldn't do shit about it. That's how you play Dusa. Though I prefer a dom helm in there with yasha. Mostly because pubs can't be relied on for stacking.

But yea, build a fast yasha and aquila and you join team fights from 12 minutes on. It's how I've been playing Dusa for the last year to rather effective results.

Fuck Linken's, people. Yasha --> Bfly/Skadi --> Skadi/Bfly/MKB/Daed --> (whatever is left) and you'll win much more often than not.

edit:

http://i.imgur.com/qCuDRI7.png[IMG]

not all wins, but the work done is almost always consistent. Even with teams of intentional feeders.

+1[/QUOTE]

Phase or treads?

Phase or treads?

I have yet to really develop a preference either way. Phase for better chasing and gap-closing (especially if being kited). Treads for better utility. STR/Int when you need it for defensive purposes, and attack speed and damage from Agi is great for farming.

They're both good. In looking back, I think I usually go treads vs heavy nuke lanes just to ensure survival. Phase usually against everything else. Phase's ability to help you get into the middle of a fight is really important imo.

manfestival

did you see them play VG dude? lets wait for Starladder LAN before crowning them against mediocre Euro teams

VG kinda does that to everyone. They also did really well prior to that point. I know everyone wants to forget that but yes the jury is still out but they have been putting on a decent show. Would you say that EG is the SECOND best team in the world?

KingKong

VG kinda does that to everyone. They also did really well prior to that point. I know everyone wants to forget that but yes the jury is still out but they have been putting on a decent show. Would you say that EG is the SECOND best team in the world?

second or third behind Newbee, yeah

manfestival

haters in the building. Alliance aren't trash. They are secretly pretending to be bad so they can have an easier bracket to take their way to the top.

kvk1

This is apropos of nothing, but looking back the best thing about TI4 was the guild chat.

It was a beautiful chaos.

+1

What about MoM? is it ever legit or is it garbage?

What about MoM? is it ever legit or is it garbage?

I've only heard good things about MoM, but I've never tried it personally. Some swear by it. I might give it a try today just to see what I think, but the reason I always go Dom Helm is to ensure the ancients are being stacked. I can't rely on people I don't know to stack for me and I know I will rarely miss a stack if I can do it myself. Plus there's the benefit of building into satanic, which I *love* to have. Going MoM means not going dom helm, which means not being able to stack, which I tend to look at as a lot of lost gold.

But yea, I'll give it a try tonight a few times and see what I think. Maybe treads --> MoM. Won't need the phase boots with the move speed MoM offers and she'll need the extra tankiness considering she's taking 30% more damage.

shira

I've only heard good things about MoM, but I've never tried it personally. Some swear by it. I might give it a try today just to see what I think, but the reason I always go Dom Helm is to ensure the ancients are being stacked. I can't rely on people I don't know to stack for me and I know I will rarely miss a stack if I can do it myself. Plus there's the benefit of building into satanic, which I *love* to have. Going MoM means not going dom helm, which means not being able to stack, which I tend to look at as a lot of lost gold.

But yea, I'll give it a try tonight a few times and see what I think. Maybe treads --> MoM. Won't need the phase boots with the move speed MoM offers and she'll need the extra tankiness considering she's taking 30% more damage.

I think people think that if you have the shield up and mom it cancels out, but kuroky had a skaadi with no lifesteal

FACE

Banned
I have yet to really develop a preference either way. Phase for better chasing and gap-closing (especially if being kited). Treads for better utility. STR/Int when you need it for defensive purposes, and attack speed and damage from Agi is great for farming.

They're both good. In looking back, I think I usually go treads vs heavy nuke lanes just to ensure survival. Phase usually against everything else. Phase's ability to help you get into the middle of a fight is really important imo.

I see, thanks for the tips :)

Wok

The only point of treads with Medusa is treads switching to get more mana from the snakes. If you skip the snakes, you should go Phase.

sixghost

The only point of treads with Medusa is treads switching to get more mana from the snakes. If you skip the snakes, you should go Phase.

Do people still skip snake? Maxing it with treads speeds up her early game farm tremendously, which is something she needs badly. I could see getting more points in E early if you are expecting to get harassed constantly, but that's it.

Dreams, you don't even like Linken's as a 5th or 6th item? It still gives you plenty of stats and once hexes are out on the other team it's super helpful.

Wok

Do people still skip snake? Maxing it with treads speeds up her early game farm tremendously, which is something she needs badly. I could see getting more points in E early if you are expecting to get harassed constantly, but that's it.

Dreams, you don't even like Linken's as a 5th or 6th item? It still gives you plenty of stats and once hexes are out on the other team it's super helpful.

The spell is a bit complex to get right, I prefer to skip it totally. It does sound good if all the jumps are done.

• Mana steal is incremented by 25% only if the affected unit has mana (units including heroes, illusions, ranged creeps, and some neutral creeps).The mana steal will NOT increment on units without mana.
  • The damage and mana steal amounts increase independently.
  • Mystic Snake has a move speed of 800.
  • If Mystic Snake hits all jumps and all targets have remaining mana, Medusa will steal
(lvl1) 20/25/30
(lvl2) 35/43.7/52.5/61.2
(lvl3) 50/62.5/75/87.5/100
(lvl4) 65/81.2/97.5/113.7/130/146.2 mana (a total of 633 mana).
  • If Mystic Snake hits all jumps, Mystic Snake will deal
(lvl1) 80/100/120
(lvl2) 140/175/210/245
(lvl3) 200/250/300/350/400
(lvl4) 260/325/390/455/520/585 damage (a total of 2535 damage).
  • Mystic Snake cannot be disjointed by blinking or going invisible. It will also jump to units out of sight.

what's the justification for dark seer not being able to double-click to autocast his w and e

it's reeeeaaallly annoying when trying to get away to hit the hotkey and search around your screen to pixel hunt your character

...unless there's an easier way

Madouu

what's the justification for dark seer not being able to double-click to autocast his w and e

it's reeeeaaallly annoying when trying to get away to hit the hotkey and search around your screen to pixel hunt your character

I click hero portrait. I never tried double clicking but if it doesn't work, it's just dumb, like a lot of other things in this game.

but you can auto cast speed boost do you have double click to self cast on?

but you can auto cast speed boost do you have double click to self cast on?

...oh, it wasn't checked

but that's weird, the box hasn't been checked for two dozen games and some heroes and items have abilities that let you double-tap the hotkey and self-cast

thanks, that'll probably be a big help down the road!

...oh, it wasn't checked

but that's weird, the box hasn't been checked for two dozen games and some heroes and items have abilities that let you double-tap the hotkey and self-cast

thanks, that'll probably be a big help down the road!

like once every 2 or 3 months that unchecks itself for me

its really annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom