• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleuin

Member
Lina Arcana 45% off
http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/4794
$20. I knew this would happen

why isn't the lc arcana on sale?
SLx19c3.gif

What's the proper sequence for a storm spirit combo?

It's R -> W -> right click -> Q -> right click -> (R -> right click) x infinity, right?

I've tried not to waste the overcharge from the first ball lightning but it seems like it'd be better to just immediately get the disable because storm's animation isn't great. Also, orchid comes after the tether if you have it, right? And also ball lightning through people if I can because it also does damage.

Hupsel

Member
Trying to answer why Luna isnt picked anymore
SLx19c3.gif

1) Her agility nerf in 6.81 was too harsh.

2) Squishy as hell. Without BKB she will go down mid game without even time to say goodbye to Nooouva.

3) Eclipse: Eclipse is a good ulti, but I have no idea why its a friggin 140 seconds cooldown. One hundred and forty seconds. Cento e quarenta segundos. C'mon, on a hero so ulti dependent until late late game that's a shit load of time. And Eclipse isnt even thaaaat good. Gets completely negated by BKB. Doesnt hit everyone at the same time. Can't hit enemies in the fog of war. Ends if Luna is killed. Can even hit creeps. Oh, and theres a lame animation before she casts Eclipse/Lucent beam so she stands still for like 0.7secs and can get stunned. On the other hand, you have bullshit things like Chronosphere on a 90 seconds cooldown, an ulti thats ready for almost every team fight that can lock up 5 enemy heroes at the same time.

Idk maybe she needs a better aghs upgrade. Make it hit enemies in the fog of war and show the map around her when she casts it (like Kotl aghs), make Eclipse also mini stun like Lucent beam and make it so it only hits enemy heroes.

Razzer

Member
What's the proper sequence for a storm spirit combo?

It's R -> W -> right click -> Q -> right click -> (R -> right click) x infinity, right?

I've tried not to waste the overcharge from the first ball lightning but it seems like it'd be better to just immediately get the disable because storm's animation isn't great. Also, orchid comes after the tether if you have it, right? And also ball lightning through people if I can because it also does damage.

If you ult behind them, you should have time to get off that first right click. Also, I would Orchid straight away. You want as much of your combo to get the damage amp as possible.

Acinixys

Member
What's the proper sequence for a storm spirit combo?

It's R -> W -> right click -> Q -> right click -> (R -> right click) x infinity, right?

I've tried not to waste the overcharge from the first ball lightning but it seems like it'd be better to just immediately get the disable because storm's animation isn't great. Also, orchid comes after the tether if you have it, right? And also ball lightning through people if I can because it also does damage.

You can orchid WHILE in ball lightning

So if you have the micro skills you can:

ball towards them - orchid - land behind them - attack - pull - attack - remnant - attack - ball lightning - attack - remnant - attack (repeat until dead)

rezuth

Member
EdnVLwe.png

I usually do well on this hero, then get to him in the AHC and this happens. This is fucking suffering.

Also: wtf, you can't repick in AP ranked? I had no idea.

I just skimmed the two games before your last but honestly you did nothing. It felt like you weren't even in the game at all, never with your team, never ganking, never picking people off etc. You tried to rice the hero yet the lanes didn't allow for it. You didn't achieve anything.

inkls

[...]

ya shes trash.

any plans for killing spirit breaker? he seems basically unkillable.

rubick, disruptor, lion, clockwerk are really good vs him.

Builiding crits on Dusa is a bit stupid because it does not synergize with the split shot.
Errr no. Crit is outstanding on Medusa. You still get a nice damage bump on your split shots, but your priority target is taking significantly more damage than an MKB can offer. Further, Satanic is nowhere near as good with MKB as it is with crit. And since I always go Satanic, the choice of MKB over crit usually only happens if I need trueshot. So I can stand in Riki cloud or drunken haze or whatever.

Matches lost with crit were losses no matter what the build because of a lack of help. In one of those matches, the rest of the team went a combined 11 kills and 72 deaths. For example. I have about 100 Dusa matches under my belt. Late game items are a subject I'm pretty comfortable with for her. Try it and see what you think. Or spectate one of my Dusa games. I'm almost always the CS, total damage, tower damage, and kill participation leader.

Lina Arcana 45% off
http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/4794
$20. I knew this would happen
This is good. But that Lina arcana was out over a year. If the lag time between an arcana launch and it being put on sale is 12 months or more, it's not going to stop people from buying them at/around launch, while giving those who can't afford them an opportunity to pick them up later.

You can orchid WHILE in ball lightning

So if you have the micro skills you can:

ball towards them - orchid - land behind them - attack - pull - attack - remnant - attack - ball lightning - attack - remnant - attack (repeat until dead)

If I click orchid before I get in range for it, would it automatically activate when I'm in range or would it cancel the ball lightning?

Hupsel

Member
Oh man, seeing that reminded how depressing that show got during the final season.

Then stick with your team.

Yeah, Arby and the Chief was absolutely great in the first seasons... I still remember laughing a lot during the hypermail and other segments haha! Then... wtf... it turns into a drama? Holy shit...
facepalm.gif

inkls

Member
we tried that, still got steamrolled

A halberd is good too.

Yeah, Arby and the Chief was absolutely great in the first seasons... I still remember laughing a lot during the hypermail and other segments haha! Then... wtf... it turns into a drama? Holy shit...
facepalm.gif

That final yikes. But it wasn't really unexpected if you watched other stuff from the same author. They always go dark after a few episodes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i think i've been put in the hell queue for fuming at my teammates too much, my team is now full of people talking about the jews and stealing the courier.

:/

RS4-

Member
I fucking hate people in ranked AP who don't say shit about their picks or lanes until 5 mins later.

Timer was at 1 second, so I said fuck it. Picked Meepo.

The three dudes who happen to be together tri lane, so I long lane solo, then they get mad when I died 2-3 times to a Razor-Shaker-Axe.

Fuck them, we won anyway. But still.

re: Storm Spirit, after you get the initial combo off, if you still have a fair bit of mana, ball a few units away, attack, ball, attack, so you can get your passive off as much as possible.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Luna has been picked 18 times in 6.82 with a 67% winrate, not bad at all. Sure, she's not tier 1 or tier 2 in terms of popularity, but she's in a pretty good place—a situational pick that seems to have a lot of success.

FACE

Banned
Luna has been picked 18 times in 6.82 with a 67% winrate, not bad at all. Sure, she's not tier 1 or tier 2 in terms of popularity, but she's in a pretty good place—a situational pick that seems to have a lot of success.

Where did you see that?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i had a game as omni where i actually felt like i knew what i was doing

am i right in thinking his ulti stops war...chief...woman person's ulti (the duel thing) dead in its tracks?

kvk1

Member
I still don't understand this carry Jakiro shenanigans Na'Vi is trying to pull in every other game.

Before I thought it was just weird FNG drafts, but now that Dendi is doing it as well I can only imagine it's Xboct who wants to play it.

???

Sanjay

Member
Luna has been picked 18 times in 6.82 with a 67% winrate, not bad at all. Sure, she's not tier 1 or tier 2 in terms of popularity, but she's in a pretty good place—a situational pick that seems to have a lot of success.

That's a good website but blanket stats like that don't really tell much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom