• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoli

Nexon aparently leaked when the next hero will be released, the 28th.

I hope it's not Oracle or if it is he's severely nerfed. I don't want every hero be slark now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nexon aparently leaked when the next hero will be released, the 28th.

I hope it's not Oracle or if it is he's severely nerfed. I don't want every hero be slark now.
I had a feeling that random Korean guy was on to something, but he said it would be the 25th. I think it will be Oracle though, his English VA is done.

i wonder if 6.82 oracle will be different further from nerfed heavily but still probably too strong 6.81 oracle

wait nevermind i think that was from a "leaked" fake patch notes

inkls

Its a contest and the rules specify that the date is not certain as it might happen before the 28th so they state to quickly sign up.

They also don't list arc warden in the list, but they do list sun wukong.

Acinixys

I had a feeling that random Korean guy was on to something, but he said it would be the 25th. I think it will be Oracle though, his English VA is done.

That entire Reddit thread is children crying that Oracle is OP because they played it in the original Dota 20 years ago

They can never wait and see how a hero plays. They are all preemptive whiners

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Its a contest and the rules specify that the date is not certain as it might happen before the 28th so they state to quickly sign up.

They also don't list arc warden in the list, but they do list sun wukong.

I wonder if Nexon is just being tongue in cheek with the Sun Wukong listing, or if they are really still working on him. Its been so long I assumed the idea was scrapped and turned into the new PL.

Satch

Banned
Valve never releases heroes when they are too strong

zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif

i wonder if 6.82 oracle will be different further from nerfed heavily but still probably too strong 6.81 oracle

wait nevermind i think that was from a "leaked" fake patch notes

Naw I'm pretty sure that they are just comparisons to what the numbers are in Dota 2 when you enable/look at the ability strings and what they are in Dota.

Mohasus

If you disabled the third party sharing thing, it wouldn't count the match even if you activated it later. So basically you just had to deactivate it when you were losing and activate before winning.

Falk

that puzzling face
Tree with Tidebringer, jinada, enchant totem and Gods Strength pls.

Played with a guy in Ability Draft that had something like Jinada, Enchant Totem, Geminate Attack (lol) on Treant Protector

He got Shadow Blade and was honest to God one-shotting non-glass heroes. Somehow Geminate was instant on melee heroes and modifiers applied to both attacks.

kvk1

A full storydriven campaign.

I'd fucking love that. I know it would probably be sacrilege to the core player base, but if an acclaimed studio would do the characters and overall disposition of the game justice in a traditional RPG setting: all my money.

Calidor

A full storydriven campaign.

for me, it will be the same as every other custom game mode has been: unplayed forever

The big changes should be around core mechanics like adding a new layer of complexity such as new traits, being able to manually assign stats upon leveling up, socket items with gems, etc.

I'm also hoping for some kind of seasonal system with divisions, leagues, cups and other cool stuff

sixghost

I'd fucking love that. I know it would probably be sacrilege to the core player base, but if an acclaimed studio would do the characters and overall disposition of the game justice in a traditional RPG setting: all my money.

If they just made the game like Dawn of War 2, but the controls weren't fucking garbage, it would be amazing.
for me, it will be the same as every other custom game mode has been: unplayed forever

The big changes should be around core mechanics like adding a new layer of complexity such as new traits, being able to manually assign stats upon leveling up, socket items with gems, etc.

I'm also hoping for some kind of seasonal system with divisions, leagues, cups and other cool stuff

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by custom game mode, but custom games have always been extremely popular in Starcraft and War3. The only reason the scene didn't explode on SC2 was because the implementation was just awful.

G.ZZZ

WWW.LEAGUEOFLEGENDS.COM

WOW

parasight

GD commentary is way too casual. I thought I was watching a replay analysis of a fight but it was actually happening in real time. No hype, and no real play-by-play guy. I love the studio and the things they do, but their commentary really lacks excitement.

Just played a game where our centaur went pipe>vanguard>heart w/o blink.

Said that he "didn't find blink that useful"

Pipe wasn't necessarily bad since we were up against a lot of magic damage.. but vanguard and then even going all the way to heart before blink..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom