• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
dreams-visions you lying sack of shit medusa is garbage and cant fucking do anything stop lying in this shit thread YOU SHIT POSTER FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK IM SO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD WHY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:333333333333333333

Mohasus

The same happens to me if I try to random in ranked.

URGHHH RANDOM I AM GONNA FEED IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT IT WAS AN AWESOME HERO BECAUSE I HATE RANDOM AND MY LIFE AND I JUST LIFE TO MAKE EVERYONE MISERABLE.

Ok.

I love my job.

B0gt0PhCYAAp-km.png:large

I'm a bastard.

kSaZ9UZ.png

Syder

People feeding at the beginning of the game solely because they have a techies on their team is the worst shit I've seen on Dota.

People feeding at the beginning of the game deliberately for any reason is everything I hate about Dota players.

I don't know if I've just been really unlucky but I've been paired with some dastardly arseholes this week.

Satch

Banned
as angry as i was, i think the medusa build is fine. it's just that i never know what to do against Techies. he was in both of those games... he ruins every game that he's in, and he's always really fucking persistent when he's on the enemy team, yet it's very rare for a good Techies to be on my team (i had a good one yesterday though, thank the LORD).

it's easy for me to say to myself "we need to get a gem," but who's going to carry it? if i'm farming, i can't possibly be around my team all the time when they need it to take care of mines, can i? and if my support does have one, it's almost guaranteed that they're going to lose it and it'll fuck us over very badly.

edit: @ultimatum i was honest to god not expecting to have to buy one at all since we had a Sven on our team, so i didn't plan for that early enough. by the time i was ready to buy one, it was too late.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
We need to start a support group Satch. Every Techies game should come with a trigger warning.

Satch

Banned
I may be wrong, but Helm of the Dominator seems like a terrible item for Medusa.

i got it because i saw Dreams-Visions buy it for his Medusa, and he's the resident Medusa expert here

what should i buy instead? just go for the linkens?

edit: o and i had the two boots because i panic-bought them at the very end rofl

Sianos

What are the benefits of running a core Linkens as opposed to a core Skadi on Medusa? I feel as though Skadi offers more for her with the additional raw health and mana, stats, and the slowing uam that stacks with lifesteal and synergizes with her ultimate.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What are the benefits of running a core Linkens as opposed to a core Skadi on Medusa? I feel as though Skadi offers more for her with the additional raw health and mana, stats, and the slowing uam that stacks with lifesteal and synergizes with her ultimate.

I've transitioned to the point where I'll buy Linkens on her only situationally, to prevent a specific ability on the enemy team when they don't have a lot of other good Linkens poppers.

Quesa

I currently have two problems when playing slark

- I feel like he's a ganking hero and I don't farm as well as I should and I end up underfarmed because I can't solo gank after a bit because of my low health. Can he do well late game just by farming?

- I have mana issues in the early game. What's the best way to alleviate this? Bottle? Medallion? Soul RIng?

Tobe

I currently have two problems when playing slark

- I feel like he's a ganking hero and I don't farm as well as I should and I end up underfarmed because I can't solo gank after a bit because of my low health. Can he do well late game just by farming?

- I have mana issues in the early game. What's the best way to alleviate this? Bottle? Medallion? Soul RIng?

drums? aquila?

Brad Muir, do you even Disruptor? :/

Polygon interview where he describes Dota as being an inspiration

Muir has also been inspired by the way Valve handles special abilities in Dota, some of which can be used on both enemies and friendlies with varying results. Muir described a character called Disruptor that has the ability to teleport players back to where they were three seconds prior. This can be used on enemies teleporting into battle or used on teammates to help maneuver them into a better position.

(Emphasis added is mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom