• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Just played a game where our centaur went pipe>vanguard>heart w/o blink.

Said that he "didn't find blink that useful"

Pipe wasn't necessarily bad since we were up against a lot of magic damage.. but vanguard and then even going all the way to heart before blink..

I used to skip blink before I knew about quickcast.

bbd23

Just played a game where our centaur went pipe>vanguard>heart w/o blink.

Said that he "didn't find blink that useful"

Pipe wasn't necessarily bad since we were up against a lot of magic damage.. but vanguard and then even going all the way to heart before blink..

ewww not even making that vanguard into a crimson guard?

How is this possible?

or this:

Watched a few of his replays to make sure there was no hacking or cross-team conspiracies going on.

Nope, he and his teammates were just better in every match I watched. Outplays left and right. He is *very* good with Brood. Certainly worth watching some of his replays if you want to know how to be a better Brood player.

Wok

Watched a few of his replays to make sure there was no hacking or cross-team conspiracies going on.

Nope, he and his teammates were just better in every match I watched. Outplays left and right. He is *very* good with Brood. Certainly worth watching some of his replays if you want to know how to be a better Brood player.

Yeah, he is #1 Brood according to Dotabuff.

ewww not even making that vanguard into a crimson guard?

He went blademail after the heart.

I get it, people are at different skill levels but.. it has to be so frustrating to play centaur w/o blink and your ult down.. forever kited. It's not as if he didn't have the gold to at least try it out.

On second thought I should have just bought a force staff and pushed him into the fight.

Aldebaran

XscUCqZ.png

Techies is good. What a game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am not good at slark. I miss tons of pounces, tend to feel like I'm made of paper the entire game, and am slow at farming.

Sianos

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/977295726

Offlane Medusa vs a safe trilane with a dedicated jungle stacker - they were consistently at low health thanks to double tread swapped snake spam and fed a total of seven stacked jungle camps to the mystic snake. What a hilarious game, winning at 30 minutes with two of the latest late game carries there are.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I am not good at slark. I miss tons of pounces, tend to feel like I'm made of paper the entire game, and am slow at farming.

Don't lead off with pounce. If you always pounce after an auto attack you will always be lined up. This is why you get a dagger or shadow blade on the hero. You can flash farm with his Q, or just not be a pussy and slay heroes all game for farm.

And he is kind of made of paper. That's why you save your ultimate to finish chasing a guy or to nope out of failed gank and run.

shira

How come in all the games I'm in when the enemy picks slark he's a fucking invincible stat eating, purple cloud 1hp escaping, pouncing from downtown monster
blush.gif

Satch

Banned
liquid is right about the slark pounce. follow them first, get some auto attacks in so that youre lined up, and then do the pounce. thats made me more successful at it, anyway.

the shadow blade makes it impossible to mess up too

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How come in all the games I'm in when the enemy picks slark he's a fucking invincible stat eating, purple cloud 1hp escaping, pouncing from downtown monster
blush.gif

1HP escaping, fat chance. When you are that low any bit of AoE magic damage finishes you off even if you ult. So many times I mash Magic Stick + Ult, get them off, die instantly anyway, but now with my ult on cooldown.

I have no clue how you people are getting so close to actually auto attack a person outside of the laning phase unless you have a SB or a leadding stun. People just walk away.

Calidor

If they just made the game like Dawn of War 2, but the controls weren't fucking garbage, it would be amazing.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by custom game mode, but custom games have always been extremely popular in Starcraft and War3. The only reason the scene didn't explode on SC2 was because the implementation was just awful.

I meant silly modes like ability draft, diretide, new years beast, greevling, etc. personally I found them beyond boring and wished they spent their development hours ironing bugs and making new heroes / features

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
How can a smurf win 100 consecutive games?

It doesn't have to be smurfs, five stacking late night in non-ranked is really easy for high rated players. That streak is completely believable, especially if you try hard. We actually got bored doing it after only losing two or three times 2 months, not as fun as you might think.

Satch

Banned
I have no clue how you people are getting so close to actually auto attack a person outside of the laning phase unless you have a SB or a leadding stun. People just walk away.

i personally go for slower and weaker targets, and if i cant find any of those, i try to cut them off on a different path and jump on them with help from a teammate

i do my best to not show myself too early, and his ult's passive makes it very easy to know when somebody else can see you.

Hylian7

why do so many people play so passively

Sometimes that's the way to win games in the right situations.

I know I've been in games where just throwing yourself at the other team is doing no good, and when your teammates are idiots and make dumb dives, and you call "back, back" and they don't, and the enemy tidehunter shows up and ravages them all, it's somehow your fault for not feeding with them.

NBtoaster

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/977479754

What a throw.

What do people even buy on DK anymore anyway? Not sure if I had the right idea with items or not, should I have just gone Drums or HotD and not both? I think BKB was a necessity here for sure. Started going Daedalus just because I needed damage.

I think HOTD on DK is for stacking ancients (and abuse lvl2+ Dragon splash attack to clear them). If you don't do that its a pretty bad item on him, at least before you have any damage.

Hylian7

I think HOTD on DK is for stacking ancients (and abuse lvl2+ Dragon splash attack to clear them). If you don't do that its a pretty bad item on him, at least before you have any damage.

I did that and bought it for survivability. Do people normally do that anymore? I don't keep up with how people build him these days.

Ok seriously Valve needs to do something about Drow Ranger. Either buff the piece of shit or just remove her from the game entirely because as it stands that fucking bitch is nothing but a liability and a curse for the team that's unfortunate to have her. Almost every match I've been in where a drow was present, the team with the drow always lost. It's ridiculous. I'm usually chill when playing dota but I just can't with this abomination of a hero.

shira

Ok seriously Valve needs to do something about Drow Ranger. Either buff the piece of shit or just remove her from the game entirely because as it stands that fucking bitch is nothing but a liability and a curse for the team that's unfortunate to have her. Almost every match I've been in where a drow was present, the team with the drow always lost. It's ridiculous. I'm usually chill when playing dota but I just can't with this abomination of a hero.

ioGFPRF.gif

- Add Visage
- Aghs
- GG

More practice. After 10-15 matches, you won't be complaining. And no, you don't need to lead with auto attacks. Just practice the shit man. You'll get the feel for it, then it'll be smooth sailing. Waiting to get so close that you can auto will cause you to miss out on about 70% of your opportunities.

you don't say...

rBufqZF.png

DxGrZz1.png

hush.gif

TUSR

Banned
Had a Demon Edge on me, bought 2 javelins, called the courier to deliver them and had it pick up a Sacred Relic on the way.

Sacred Relic was for my Abyssal Blade.

Turns out even if the items on the courier are in order of Javelin-Javelin-Relic, creating a Divine Rapier takes precedence.

So I ended up with a DR, and a Javelin.

Drow just needs a team that can make use of her aura and to not have a bad start and she automatically stops being a liability.

Well, in my findings after a couple of hundred matches...the Drow player just needs to understand that her most valuable ability is Gust. I notice that most Drow players are slow to cast it or fail to hit multiple key targets. Also, most max it last when she really needs to have it maxed first or second with just 1 value point in E. Silence is one of the most debilitating skills in the game, and hers adds a push back and a ministun on top of 6 seconds without casting. If you go into team fights with your primary goal being to hit meaningful silences on multiple targets, you'll control every team fight.

Also, Drow really isn't a hero that is worried about having a bad start. Her level 6 and a pair of boots are all she needs to hurt people, and her attack speed and damage with just treads and 6 is enough to catch up on farm in lane or the jungle.

If you hit level 6 and you're still "a liability", you're playing the hero wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom