• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

Hero pub winrates really don't mean that much (to an extent). Pretty sure morphling had 40-43% win when he was crazy OP during TI3.

Heroes with a high skill ceiling and low skill floor are at the bottom of winrates (wisp, QoP, furion admittedly, Invoker, etc...). Heroes with high skill floors sit at the top (wraith king, spectre, omni, etc)... Most heroes have a high skill ceiling in dota, but it's how well they do with minimal input, at the lowest levels of play (i.e. their skill floor), that usually determines their pub winrate. That's all it really shows.

How is qop, np, wisp, and invoker low skill floor and wk, spectre, omni high skill floor? Don't you mean the opposite? Its much easier to pick up wk compared to invoker.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
How is qop, np, wisp, and invoker low skill floor and wk, spectre, omni high skill floor? Don't you mean the opposite? Its much easier to pick up wk compared to invoker.

Yeah, sorry, low skill floor on omni/spectre/WK, higher skill floor on invoker/qop/furion. The latter group will always tend to have lower pub winrates compared to the former.

Ultimatum

Banned
except qop has a low skill floor too

the heroes that succeed in pub games are the ones which require less teamwork, that's all there really is to it

Demoli

the heroes that succeed in pub games are the ones which require less teamwork, that's all there really is to it

Yeah thats why Omni and Necrophos were topping the charts right?

The heroes that most win in pubs are, in general rule, heroes that heavily punish over aggression.

Omni and Necro have good heals alongside damage, Spectre and WK are insanely tanky and benefit from taking damage themselves, Abaddon does abaddon things and Silencer, Venge, Centaur, Tide and Earthshaker are all great counter initiators.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

QoP has a low skill floor? A hero that is very very dependent on good positioning, has 4 active abilities, and an ultimate that is a skill shot? I'll have to disagree with you here, QoP takes some know-how to be effective, even at the lowest levels of play.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tanky heroes tend to have a far higher pub rate. Hell, I remember when Treant had his global armor aura that alone made him have a 60% pub winrate.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Tanky heroes tend to have a far higher pub rate. Hell, I remember when Treant had his global armor aura that alone made him have a 60% pub winrate.

Yup, tanky/str heroes are usually the best for beginners because you're less dependent on positioning and if you don't know much about dota, you're more effective by just standing there right clicking and absorbing damage than say playing invoker or QoP and dying in 2 hits while not knowing how to use your spells effectively.

Ultimatum

Banned
Yeah thats why Omni and Necrophos were topping the charts right?

The heroes that most win in pubs are, in general rule, heroes that heavily punish over aggression.

Omni and Necro have good heals alongside damage, Spectre and WK are insanely tanky and benefit from taking damage themselves, Abaddon does abaddon things and Silencer, Venge, Centaur, Tide and Earthshaker are all great counter initiators.

yes it's why omni was/is so good. you just use your skills while your team plays like retards.

I don't know why you keep bringing up qop, it's not a hard hero to play it's just weak

Demoli

It's not Lasso into Sky ult or RP into sven rampage, but an Omni alone just won't kill anyone. Call it using your skills, but omni is the definition of a teamwork hero to me.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yes it's why omni was/is so good. you just use your skills while your team plays like retards.

I don't know why you keep bringing up qop, it's not a hard hero to play it's just weak

Both omni and necro are heavily dependent on good teamwork. Picking QoP, TA, or Invoker is much more efficient if your a decent player and want to lone wolf (and all three have lower winrates than the former group). No one really picks omni, necro, tree, or abaddon and says "fuk teamwork i'm just guna do my thing and carry 1v5." Team-fight/press R heroes have much higher winrates on average compared to lone wolf heroes.

And I'm just going to have to flat out disagree with you on QoP. QoP is a pretty damn difficult hero to play, especially to play effectively regardless of perceived balance/power.

manfestival

I really enjoy the conversation that sprouted(no pun intended) from my statement. Is NP really that hard to play? I guess maybe it's because of knowing when to split push and when to teamfight and knowing the transitions in order to be truly effective?

mephixto

Banned
QoP has a low skill floor? A hero that is very very dependent on good positioning, has 4 active abilities, and an ultimate that is a skill shot? I'll have to disagree with you here, QoP takes some know-how to be effective, even at the lowest levels of play.

I don´t think QoP is hard to play or undestand, at least for me the mayor problem I have with her is item build, BKB? Linkens? Orchid? Aghanim? Vyse? Necro?. I always have a headache playing her.

shira

Na'Vi working hard to go home early.

They are the home team
smile.gif

I really enjoy the conversation that sprouted(no pun intended) from my statement. Is NP really that hard to play? I guess maybe it's because of knowing when to split push and when to teamfight and knowing the transitions in order to be truly effective?

really depends on how you play, bulldog started the whole blink dagger NP Rat monster, and ICEx3 plays NP as a super roaming ganker. The way he micros his treants so that the team always has vision on the map is insane. I forgot who started the Nulls Blade mail NP build.

A good NP has to have real good map awareness, you have to always be looking to see where you can go in and turn the team fight or give reinforcement to a lane that's being ganked.

KingKong

how did Newbee win game 1 against iG? I turned it off when they were down like 0-6. They won game 2 in 20 minutes though so I guess I didn't miss much

shira

Poop team >>> Secret team

how did Newbee win game 1 against iG? I turned it off when they were down like 0-6. They won game 2 in 20 minutes though so I guess I didn't miss much

Im confused why would VG/Newbee qualify for Synergy for yet another Russian LAN final, but refuse a huge prizepool in Starladder.

KingKong

Im confused why would VG/Newbee qualify for Synergy for yet another Russian LAN final, but refuse a huge prizepool in Starladder.

yeah I dont get it, looking at the team quality here they would destroy everyone except EG and maybe C9 with a crazy strat

Radec

I think that Viper pick is a bad one.

They need a real carry later on against DP and Razor.

Should have picked Medusa (unless it was banned).

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Ranked games are actually measurably worse than unranked games. It's just shit picks, instant flaming, nonstop rage. I want my MMR to be higher but every ranked game is just abominable. I have a lot more fun in Unranked RD.

bbd23

Ranked games are actually measurably worse than unranked games. It's just shit picks, instant flaming, nonstop rage. I want my MMR to be higher but every ranked game is just abominable. I have a lot more fun in Unranked RD.

unraked RD best mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom