• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I am almost done with the all-hero challenge. There are only two heroes left. My performance will be average in the end.

uPAqkIW.png

Razor should be easy to win with, but Leshrac... is the only hero with which I have never ever won a single game.

5hsK363.png

kRzQI3E.png

Lr2ssEs.png

FACE

Banned
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/983236982

I haven't enjoyed playing Dota much since I started getting into high skill games regularly. I think I'm going to just start playing like a retard for 2 straight months to tank my MMR.

5 loss streak, yikes! I'd take a small break and play something else for a few days.

Or you could just make smurfs.

I am almost done with the all-hero challenge. There are only two heroes left.

Razor next? Easiest hero challenge of your life.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What in the fuck?
360fx360f

Someone tried to buy all Moon Whirls

$40!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Moon Whirl
What the Hell, I already sold my extra one since it didn't look like it was going to be limited. Through looking at my stat site, the number in circulation has barely moved in 2 weeks.

If any one wants to gamble, buy the Abyssal Watcher. Slightly rarer then the moon glave, but only $7 still (my site has only counted 225 so far)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
5 loss streak, yikes! I'd take a small break and play something else for a few days.

Or you could just make smurfs.

It's not the losses really. I've been on longer loss streaks and I generally don't care about losing. It's more the nature of the games I've been playing, the people I've been playing with and the fact that I don't think I'm getting better at Dota despite Dota wanting to put me up against people that I instantly recognize as better than me the second I get into lane with them.

I actually made a smurf once, about 7-8 months ago mostly to mess around on micro heroes that my friends yelled at me for playing in "real" games. Hilariously all of my first half dozen games I got matched against smurfs that were better than me. I think I have like a 1-10 record on that account, fresh out of the tutorial.

FACE

Banned
It's not the losses really. I've been on longer loss streaks and I generally don't care about losing. It's more the nature of the games I've been playing, the people I've been playing with and the fact that I don't think I'm getting better at Dota despite Dota wanting to put me up against people that I instantly recognize as better than me the second I get into lane with them.

I actually made a smurf once, about 7-8 months ago mostly to mess around on micro heroes that my friends yelled at me for playing in "real" games. Hilariously all of my first half dozen games I got matched against smurfs that were better than me. I think I have like a 1-10 record on that account, fresh out of the tutorial.

Time to start training.

Arkanius

I quit, I absolutely suck at Terrorblade.
I do a lot of damage but everyone gangs up on me and whenever I try to Sunder, the god damned hero just stays put and it never works. I'll probably stunned to death.

NBtoaster

It's amazing how unintuitive they've made playing Tusk. Things just dont work the way you expect. It might be better if you're highly co-ordinated but he's fucking awful in pubs now. And the change to ice shard targetting actually makes it harder to trap people a lot of the time.

So I've found my new free win hero: Ancient Apparition.

Just throw ults at every pushing lane/hero you see and you'll defend T2s indefinitely.

sixghost

It's amazing how unintuitive they've made playing Tusk. Things just dont work the way you expect. It might be better if you're highly co-ordinated but he's fucking awful in pubs now. And the change to ice shard targetting actually makes it harder to trap people a lot of the time.

I gave 5 position tusk another shot this week and it just doesn't work. None of his abilities are great for ganking unless your other support can take advantage of snowball. The iceshards change is better in a few specific circumstances, but most of the time I'd rather just have the old one. Doing the snowball save is awesome in theory, but really tough to do without blink. I still think if he had an ultimate more suited for the new support style tusk he would be better off. Why does a support who builds no damage have an ult that scales based on damage.

Razzer

Can a gaf team make a core aghs sven strat pls. I've been theorycrafting some, but I don't know if they would work and have no way to tell. You guys are the closest thing to a pro team doing it.

Can a gaf team make a core aghs sven strat pls. I've been theorycrafting some, but I don't know if they would work and have no way to tell. You guys are the closest thing to a pro team doing it.

what would you use? magnus mid/off, sven off/carry... and I dunno. I'm kind of lacking for heroes that really synergize with sven in a direct way.

** I could see a sven/magnus/medusa core actually. That would be pretty ridiculous physical damage. would have to ban or pick omni, though.

Razzer

what would you use? magnus mid/off, sven off/carry... and I dunno. I'm kind of lacking for heroes that really synergize with sven in a direct way.

** I could see a sven/magnus/medusa core actually. That would be pretty ridiculous physical damage. would have to ban or pick omni, though.

I was thinking that Morph, Drow, Tiny, Terrorblade and Medusa would be good heroes. Basically any hero where stacking stats is the goal, resulting in high base damage that can be amplified by God's Strength. For instance Tiny with level 16 and no items is roughly 250 damage. Now add 80% of that again. Tiny now does 450 damage. Just build normal carry Tiny items and dude will be beastly. Drow at level 16 with no items is 160 as long as noone is close to her. So with the buff she would do 288 damage. She builds items like Manta and Butterfly, which means by the time she has level 16 she will have even more base damage than that.

See what I'm getting at? The Sven is farming but not the primary damage dealer. I was thinking Sven goes Blink Vlads Aghs and just becomes super good teamfighter.

Artanisix

I was thinking that Morph, Drow, Tiny, Terrorblade and Medusa would be good heroes. Basically any hero where stacking stats is the goal, resulting in high base damage that can be amplified by God's Strength. For instance Tiny with level 16 and no items is roughly 250 damage. Now add 80% of that again. Tiny now does 450 damage. Just build normal carry Tiny items and dude will be beastly. Drow at level 16 with no items is 160 as long as noone is close to her. So with the buff she would do 288 damage. She builds items like Manta and Butterfly, which means by the time she has level 16 she will have even more base damage than that.

See what I'm getting at? The Sven is farming but not the primary damage dealer. I was thinking Sven goes Blink Vlads Aghs and just becomes super good teamfighter.

People have played around with a similar idea using Troll / Sven. It can be pretty difficult to get working, but I'll try and brainstorm something later. I always like playing new things.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Why can't Lina just have a normal BAT? Why is her damage range so terrible(40-58 at level 1!)? Why can't Dragon Slave + LSA kill a creep wave at lvl 4/4?

Why Icefrog

isn't her BAT normal?

pretty sure the aghs sucks precisely because it's Sven's base damage that is being added, not the other hero's. so basically it's a maybe 4th, 5th, or 6th item on a farming Sven but even then farming Sven doesn't really increase his base damage--he just wants attack speed, crit, and the like so idk item just sucks on Sven imo

Razzer

People have played around with a similar idea using Troll / Sven. It can be pretty difficult to get working, but I'll try and brainstorm something later. I always like playing new things.

Incidentally, another benefit of this would be that you max cleave last on Sven so warcry plus Vlads is absurd armour early on. I've seen EG pick Sven vs DP for this, but that much armour could be great in lot's of situations.

Edit: Pretty sure it's the hero base damage, not Svens.

Dota 2 wiki said:
Aghanim's Scepter's aura bonus damage of 40%/60%/80% based on base damage and primary attribute of those affected.
Sven's and the affected allies' current main damage is periodically checked, and the bonuses adapted instantly.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Incidentally, another benefit of this would be that you max cleave last on Sven so warcry plus Vlads is absurd armour early on. I've seen EG pick Sven vs DP for this, but that much armour could be great in lot's of situations.

Edit: Pretty sure it's the hero base damage, not Svens.

oh ok my bad then i blame gofu for telling me it was based on Sven's base damage

gofu sux

So what actually happened with Puppey and Kuro leaving Na'Vi?

Would be an interesting turn with Secret winning Starladder and Na'Vi not even in Semi's.

shira

So what actually happened with Puppey and Kuro leaving Na'Vi?

Would be an interesting turn with Secret winning Starladder and Na'Vi not even in Semi's.

Kuro didn't like xboct; xboct didn't like Kuro
Puppey likes Kuro; Kuro likes Puppey
Xboct knows the owner of Navi

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Also Dendi likes Xbost, and if Navi losses dendi they are fucked.

they are kinda fucked now anyway

dendi is popular but most fans just like W's, and since dota teams aren't tied to a city/culture/history; the fans are going to be even more fickle than regular sports fans. imagine if team secret was the new navi, no one would give a shit if dendi was on the team or not, they'd forget after the first big LAN and we'd see threads like: "navi back to the glory days???" on the front page of reddit.

yeah yeah, hindsight is 20/20, but anyway, the navi organization is going to have to make some big changes (not necessarily roster changes, but something obviously isn't working here) in the next few months if they want to even have a presence at the next TI

they are kinda fucked now anyway

dendi is popular but most fans just like W's, and since dota teams aren't tied to a city/culture/history; the fans are going to be even more fickle than regular sports fans. imagine if team secret was the new navi, no one would give a shit if dendi was on the team or not, they'd forget after the first big LAN and we'd see threads like: "navi back to the glory days???" on the front page of reddit.

yeah yeah, hindsight is 20/20, but anyway, the navi organization is going to have to make some big changes (not necessarily roster changes, but something obviously isn't working here) in the next few months if they want to even have a presence at the next TI

I actually think the current NaVi have potential to be one of the top teams. They're kind of in an odd spot and are feeling themselves out, but their new additions are both very strong players. If it's true that Dendi is drafting I think they should move that to FNG, though. He might also draft some crazy stuff but if PR can pull it off, NaVi can.

Quesa

I feel like they should allow you to detonate remote mines while dead as techies. You can do it anyway but I feel like simply allowing you to use the detonate command instead of having to switch and Q would up his winrate slightly. I've had a couple moments where I spammed D instead of tabbing/clicking on mines and it's cost me kills. I know people will spam "lmao just get gud" but don't think it'd be too crazy to do this.

shira

Got my Brinku Dagga into today now let's see how long these bastards take to sell.
dis one?
7BZOIqa.jpg

kawaii

Also Dendi likes Xbost, and if Navi losses dendi they are fucked.

I feel like Dendi needs to go to China or the US to fucking learn English or Chinese well enough to be an ambassador of the game and expand his brand name before it all turns to Arteezy or Zai in the next few years. I'm so confused why he doesn't have his own peripherals and his own in-game items. Like he has the Pudge set, but he should have had tonnes of sets. Like iceiceice has 4 sets. Sing has his own courier.

He's made a half million before taxes in prize money, but who knows how much he actually has or could have made.

Zerogravity is too fucking smart. I bet he's made so much money off Dendi, he'll never let him go now.

There seems to be a higher variance in skill level now that I'm in a higher skill bracket.

Went up versus a windrunner that knew how to force me to use all my regen in lane while using her better mobility for rune control, and an earthshaker that knew enough to roam and repeatedly gank mid, but somehow also a jungling luna that contributed nothing and fed me repeatedly by farming the medium camps with no vision of the river. In the next game I had a team that did nothing but farm the jungle for 30 minutes while I was 10/2, and proceed to lose the game by fortifying a T2 with no health resulting in lost rax.

You'd think the skill differential would get smaller once you got closer to the "median" skill level at around 3k, but somehow there's been more variance than the trash tier games I was playing a month ago. Maybe I've just been running into more stacks.

Aselith

dis one?
7BZOIqa.jpg

kawaii

I feel like Dendi needs to go to China or the US to fucking learn English or Chinese well enough to be an ambassador of the game and expand his brand name before it all turns to Arteezy or Zai in the next few years. I'm so confused why he doesn't have his own peripherals and his own in-game items. Like he has the Pudge set, but he should have had tonnes of sets. Like iceiceice has 4 sets. Sing has his own courier.

He's made a half million before taxes in prize money, but who knows how much he actually has or could have made.

Zerogravity is too fucking smart. I bet he's made so much money off Dendi, he'll never let him go now.

Nah the Tidehunter

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Tidehunter Blink Dagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom