• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Christ, lost 5 of 6 in ranked because the other partied players are 2.5k in the 4k bracket.

Jugg had free farm for 20 mins, and what does he have? Phase and point booster. 70 LH in a 30 min game.

patapuf

There seems to be a higher variance in skill level now that I'm in a higher skill bracket.

Went up versus a windrunner that knew how to force me to use all my regen in lane while using her better mobility for rune control, and an earthshaker that knew enough to roam and repeatedly gank mid, but somehow also a jungling luna that contributed nothing and fed me repeatedly by farming the medium camps with no vision of the river. In the next game I had a team that did nothing but farm the jungle for 30 minutes while I was 10/2, and proceed to lose the game by fortifying a T2 with no health resulting in lost rax.

You'd think the skill differential would get smaller once you got closer to the "median" skill level at around 3k, but somehow there's been more variance than the trash tier games I was playing a month ago. Maybe I've just been running into more stacks.

It's because at that level every player has heroes/roles he's comfortable with but also stuff he isn't/only think he^s good at.

There's so much stuff that's second nature to you guys, that I wouldn't recognise if I was spectating a match, let alone playing one

Rune control, damage types, effective jungling, creep stacking, counterpicking, that kind of thing is just way beyond me. There are still dozens of items I've never even thought about using as well, while others know off by heart which heroes should use which items in which situations, as well as what order they should level their abilities, and what role they should play at various stages of the match.

Did you guys pick that up as you played/watched, or research it through FAQs, video guides etc?

I don't even know how to cancel an animation for easier last hits

Madouu

There's so much stuff that's second nature to you guys, that I wouldn't recognise if I was spectating a match, let alone playing one

fzerBL2.png

Most of what I learned was through watching pros play from their player perspective and then practicing it repeatedly in matches.

look I'm here what

Just need Guidos to make it to LB final and then we can just bypass blackmoore

Regarding Leshrac, it seems this player skips lightning storm. I am going to try as well.

hsoHvrt.png

2dpelHH.png

This build is realistically only useful if you're getting farm and pushing towers. If the enemy is taking fights early and taking towers, you need some form of de-push which is what lightning storm is good at.

someone tried to scam me:

kristine^^: hi
cole worldᅠ: hello
kristine^^: anyway im kristine
kristine^^: you there
cole worldᅠ: yea sup
kristine^^: can i ask something if its okay
cole worldᅠ: its ok to ask
cole worldᅠ: dunno if its ok to answer
cole worldᅠ: but go on

kristine^^: :)
kristine^^: can i change that
cole worldᅠ: are u a girl?
kristine^^: yea
cole worldᅠ: then no
kristine^^: why ??
cole worldᅠ: i dont do business with girls
kristine^^: wow
kristine^^: really
kristine^^: whats wrong with the girls
cole worldᅠ: they have cooties
kristine^^ is now Offline.

lol

Ketch

someone tried to scam me:

kristine^^: hi
cole worldᅠ: hello
kristine^^: anyway im kristine
kristine^^: you there
cole worldᅠ: yea sup
kristine^^: can i ask something if its okay
cole worldᅠ: its ok to ask
cole worldᅠ: dunno if its ok to answer
cole worldᅠ: but go on

kristine^^: :)
kristine^^: can i change that
cole worldᅠ: are u a girl?
kristine^^: yea
cole worldᅠ: then no
kristine^^: why ??
cole worldᅠ: i dont do business with girls
kristine^^: wow
kristine^^: really
kristine^^: whats wrong with the girls
cole worldᅠ: they have cooties
kristine^^ is now Offline.

lol

When she asked why you don't do business with girls you should have said gamersgate.

http://www.donutking.com.au/index.php/products/donuts/
Guys, should I go and buy $200 of crocodile donuts (or other types) for my birthday tomorrow?

This build is realistically only useful if you're getting farm and pushing towers. If the enemy is taking fights early and taking towers, you need some form of de-push which is what lightning storm is good at.
Lightning Storm just seems too good to pass up early, though.

shira

dXV2aaQ.jpg

t1414317600z1.png

http://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en

1. LB SEMI: #5 Clown9 vs #9 Alliance (Bo3)
  2. LB FINAL: ^Winner vs #4 EG (Bo3)
  3. GRAND FINALE: ^Winner vs #1 Team Secret (Bo5, Secret with 1 game advantage)

Oh my Jesus Christ, this will be epic if C9 can pull this off.
They need 7 wins and to go through 3 nemesis teams to win this.
They've beaten VG, if they can do this all they need is a Newbee revenge win and the are set for TI5
wink.gif

shira

I believe in EE

I believe, but I can't in good faith bet muh rares on him.
Clown potential is still too high
F164F2FCC759D460A67636CC4DD6A4B5B0F1527E

PS if you want to watch Twitch ad-free there is still 8 hours left on this Humble Bundle.
https://www.humblebundle.com/flash
5a857d07f7d955057b26c8294684392a0fa1d99d.jpg

You can pay $1 to try out Twitch Turbo for a month if you have a credit card. Just don't forget to cancel. And first time tryers-only so if you are a previous TT user, then no dice.

Rune control, damage types, effective jungling, creep stacking, counterpicking, that kind of thing is just way beyond me. There are still dozens of items I've never even thought about using as well, while others know off by heart which heroes should use which items in which situations, as well as what order they should level their abilities, and what role they should play at various stages of the match.

Did you guys pick that up as you played/watched, or research it through FAQs, video guides etc?

I don't even know how to cancel an animation for easier last hits

I am still learning too. I started off by watching Purge videos (but they are outdated now), watching pro games and trying heroes/builds in bot games (lots and lots of bot games).
Hell even Bulbla, a pro player who played this game for 5 years, said that he is learning new things to play the support role.

Wok

Based on this challenge, these are my worst heroes to win a pub game with:
  • Bristleback: 8 games
  • Gyrocopter: 7 games
  • Shadow Fiend: 7 games
Had I played better these heroes, I would have been sub 200 games played to complete the challenge.

Wok

Will never stop being funny. I forgot how the match went. Weren't Cloud 9 winning but still lost?

Jesus 5 times. I've been working on it myself but I'm not even halfway. Some of these trophies have some over the top ridiculous demands for gold.

Actually, the last trophy is 10 times.

Nymerio

Is Chessie back or are Alliance still playing with Apemother? Starladder during drafting says it's chessie.

Edit: Ah, it's apemother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom