• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesthet1c

Help me GAF. I have no idea how to play prophet, and I need him for my A to Z.

This losing spree is soul crushing. It seems that no matter what I do I still lose with him. I've tried pushing and ratting, I've tried being gank heavy, I've tried always staying with my team. Nothing ever seems to work. I switch up my build depending on the situation. Most games I'll do orchid/maelstrom/sheep or midas/desolator/necro, depending on the two team comps.

It doesn't help that most of the time my team is Peruvian or they argue and someone afk's because their mad. It's maddening.

FOSJ5rt.jpg

Acinixys

This losing spree is soul crushing. It seems that no matter what I do I still lose with him. I've tried pushing and ratting, I've tried being gank heavy, I've tried always staying with my team. Nothing ever seems to work. I switch up my build depending on the situation. Most games I'll do orchid/maelstrom/sheep or midas/desolator/necro, depending on the two team comps.

It doesn't help that most of the time my team is Peruvian or they argue and someone afk's because their mad. It's maddening.

Thats pretty brutal

Maybe watch a Purge video on how to play him or download a replay where Bulldog plays him

FtHTiny

Start with 3 mantle of int and clarities. Go into woods. Build 2 nulls and boots. Be atleast lvl 5 or 6 before you port if you are not 100% sure you will get shit done. Complete treads, buy blade mail, buy maelstrom. Tp whenever you see something about to go down that doesn´t look like a total disaster. Only one point into sprout for the whole game. Ez win.

Aesthet1c

Thats pretty brutal

Maybe watch a Purge video on how to play him or download a replay where Bulldog plays him

That's the thing that drives me insane. I feel like I've seen enough pro matches with Furion that I know what I should be doing. Maybe I just think I know more than I actually do. Thanks though, that's a good idea. I guess I'll go sit through some Bulldog or Universe replays.

FtHTiny

That's the thing that drives me insane. I feel like I've seen enough pro matches with Furion that I know what I should be doing. Maybe I just think I know more than I actually do. Thanks though, that's a good idea. I guess I'll go sit through some Bulldog or Universe replays.

Watch the bone7 games, trust me pubs are not still not ready for that blade mail shit.

Acinixys

Odd question, but bear with me

Who has the strongest possible normal attack? 1 hit, with buffs, and any item combination?

With buffs and with items?

PA with Abyssal - Satanic - Treads and 2 Rapiers crits for about 3500 - 4000

Id say that 6 slotted Sven and Tiny are also up there

Put wards in their base/in the mid lane and snipe the courier over and over.

I always dislike these casts when it's so abundantly clear that one team has a huge advantage (EG in this case, early-mid and onwards) but the casters (in this case just Bruno though) act like everything's looking a-okay because "TB lategame!!!".

No Bruno, Slark and Lycan can manfight TB on somewhat equal farm and when you then add really farmed AoE disabler supports (Lion, Jakiro and ES) the none even gives a fuck about TB anymore.

So it's looking, really, really bad if like 4 of the top 5 farmers are from EG. TB is not intrinsically a huge lategame threat and it was clear rather quickly that that wouldn't be the case this game.

With buffs and with items?

PA with Abyssal - Satanic - Treads and 2 Rapiers crits for about 3500 - 4000

Id say that 6 slotted Sven and Tiny are also up there

Does 6-slotted mean all item slots dedicated to one purpose, in this case damage?

I'd love to see that btw, played against a farmed Pudge the other day who needed at least 3 heroes focussed on him at once to take him down since he had over 5000hp. Hearing that a damage-dedicated PA could take him down in 2 hits blows my mind :D

Does 6-slotted mean all item slots dedicated to one purpose, in this case damage?

I'd love to see that btw, played against a farmed Pudge the other day who needed at least 3 heroes focussed on him at once to take him down since he had over 5000hp. Hearing that a damage-dedicated PA could take him down in 2 hits blows my mind :D

6-slotted usually just refers to having 6 lategame items, or at least 6 items that'll all be useful endgame. For example Treads, Blink Dagger and Forcestaff aren't quite those expensive items but are still perfectly fine for lategame.

Acinixys

Not really

It means that the hero has a expensive, important item in every slot

For example a 6 slotted Sven would have Daedalus - Heart - BKB - MKB - Boots of Travel and a Satanic

So he has no space to buy a new item

If that makes sense

Words are hard

Now this is a game where a superlategame TB would be really scary. Heroes like Bat, Venge and Weaver will all struggle real hard if they cannot easily pick out the main TB which can be hard to do when you lack AoE clearance. They only have Visage Birds for AoE disable and while those are quite good, they'll get torn apart by a superlategame TB insanely quickly, so it's not so easy. Overall the teamfight seems to favor C9 by a large degree.

e: Yeh I think I'm liking C9's lineup quite al ot more this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom