• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
a month in and this meta feels stale already

maybe because it's not that different from 6.81

wat

eg's pretty much the only team that plays a "6.81 style" so any series with them will look like that, but the hundreds of other games have been pretty damn different

a month in and this meta feels stale already

maybe because it's not that different from 6.81

It's a grand final BO5, the two teams will always pick and ban the same heroes, no risks will be taken. This one isn't even that bad, like 15 different heroes were picked during TI3 grand final.

So I just played a clinkz game. First hero I've played where all but 1 of the items I'd want to get on the hero is actually in the suggested item list. Ended up building deso instead of skadi but otherwise I built almost exactly the suggested.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wish S4 was still on Alliance.
cry.gif

monocromo

What did I lose in the last few days ? I have seen only 2 or 3 games from this lan finals and Necro was banned at least in 2 of them. Whats up with the Necro love ?

M.D

fly and s4 played terrible terrible, exact opposite of last match
ogre useless pick again
kuro non factor in all 3 games

:|

G.ZZZ

Kuro on carry has always been super amazing when ahead, but struggled a lot against real teams. Many hopes were crushed during Ks.Int days

They been doing the same shit since before TI4, boring pos of a team.

I mean, I appreciate their skill and quality of execution, but ugh.. it's just the same shit every match. Pick any two from the following cores DP/Lycan/Tide/Razor/Viper/Weaver/THD/Void, a support/semicarry for Zai and a 6 position for PPD. Then push every tower, get aegis and win (or not)

edit: And there's the Tide/Lycan. Bleh.

Jex

Hey, they didn't ban the Lycan or Grab the Tide. Secret will regret this when they watch the replays of their (defeat) in this final match and realise that the scouting from the Lycan wolves destroys Secret's early game.

Also, Kuro has done literally nothing in three games. His weaknesses are being exposed pretty heavily here.

Aesthet1c

I mean, I appreciate their skill and quality of execution, but ugh.. it's just the same shit every match. Pick any two from the following cores DP/Lycan/Tide/Razor/Viper/Weaver/THD/Void, a support/semicarry for Zai and a 6 position for PPD. Then push every tower, get aegis and win (or not)

edit: And there's the Tide/Lycan. Bleh.

Isn't that the point of the game? I don't think the problem is EG, it's just that gank heavy comps haven't been good since before 6.81. Heavy tower pushing and/or ratting wins almost every game. You can't fault a team for executing what works.

M.D

if EG gets a good start that dusa will not finish any major item before they gg out

That first game really cost them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom